Search results

1. Ahecee

Opinion Obviously winning wont change "hypocrites"

The skill level to compete for much more than not finishing last just isn't there. It's been a great weekend for the Bulldogs, but it would be pretty silly to think the team doesn't need quite a few name changes and the coach isn't easily replaceable. We're second last, right where we finished...
  2. Ahecee

Moses Mbye

The Mbye myth is crazy strong, he broke into FG here, did nothing much and got what was at the time a insanely huge contract based totally on hype and stupidity, and not at all with the next to nothing he had done on the field. The Bulldogs pay him $175,000 to go be somewhere else this...
  3. Ahecee

Get Gould now

Gould stepped in, to a top 8 contender, and wisely saw that their team full of young talent, and a key veteran or two was never going to make it and a full rebuild was in need. A 5 year plan if you will. 5 years later, he had the second 5 years planned, and I'm sure if anyone had the patience...
  4. Ahecee

News Caged pup restless in reserves.

I haven't been posting much at all, because of the old "if you have nothing nice to say" rule, but really..... In my humble opinion, our current squad is worse than our famously bad 2008 squad, I think we are currently at a all time low for my lifetime. If you are struggling to prove yourself as...
  5. Ahecee

News So this is what we get up to... instead of training.

The players, coaching staff, and front office staff should not only do this, but they should all be available 24/7 to blow anyone willing to pay actual money to put their logo on the current Bulldogs jersey..... never has our jersey, or very many other footy jerseys been worth so little as ours...
  6. Ahecee

3 top signings

All juniors/young players is really all we should be in the market for IMO, one or two top players won't make us a premiership contender so we'd just be wasting our time and money chasing them. We need to ACTUALLY rebuild, rather than use that as the excuse like we have been for years now. Step...
  7. Ahecee

Opinion Phil Gould

Penrith was right on the finals fringe and looking just about fool proof for the future, Gus turned up, worked his magic, and they have been "rebuilding" ever since. The Bulldogs already have a pretty crap roster and not much depth of promise in our juniors, there is nothing here for Gus to...
  8. Ahecee

Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

We have the worst record in the league 2 rounds in, and we are only 2 rounds in....... why does he deserve anything right now? A paid prostitute would make you work slightly harder for it than the club just made Pay work. He literally couldn't do worse.......... if we win a game, the guys gonna...
  9. Ahecee

Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

Just, why? Were other clubs beating down the door to grab Pay after his sub par results so far, and the awesome last place he has coached to so early this season? When was the last time we actually signed, or selected someone based on actual performance FFS? We let those with positive records...
  10. Ahecee

News SBW was meeting Bulldogs players when terror attack broke, Canterbury Bulldogs, Christchurch

I know the story is a much bigger topic, but, who's stupid idea was it to have the guy who jumped on a plane and left the club mid season come and hand jerseys to the new guys? I'm over the whole SBW thing, but hearing this has to be one of the dumbest Bulldogs related things I've heard in...
  11. Ahecee

They Got Off

Not mad at Souths, they just did what you'd expect and tried to clear the issue away. The NRL though, huge fine because a player got his dick photographed by a telecrap stalker with a telescopic lens, if you take the photo yourself though its all good? There is no way to justify that...
  12. Ahecee

Boycott Jaycar

Can't see any reason to be upset with Jaycar, they sponsored the club when we sucked and nobody else was interested, and they have stuck around for years. If they are now working on floating the company and this is something that would be in a report and potentially be a headache then its not...
  13. Ahecee

Similarities to 2004 team

I don't see it. The current squad isn't worthy of being a pimple on the ass of the 2004 squad. The younger guys in the team though, if they all step up next year, then next years squad maybe (but that would still be a big ask).
  14. Ahecee

Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Wow, I did not see that coming. Great game, that was fun to watch. They don't have to win next week, but if they just put in that kind of effort again to back it up it will be a better season ending than anyone had the right to expect for the last month or two. Maybe there is a little light on...
  15. Ahecee

The reason BMoz chose the Roosters.

I can't be mad at the Morris brothers for leaving, in a ideal world you'd keep them as senior members of a squad that has no option but to go young and start building again, but the club has nothing to offer them really, we have no money and won't be contenders for a bit. Not great for either...
  16. Ahecee

Klemmer charged for late hit on Mbye

Whatever, totally worth it. Hope the club took appropriate action and disciplined him with a hearty high 5.
  17. Ahecee

Michael Lichaa consolidated thread

Lichaa hasn't panned out as the amazing #9 he was hyped as, here is what I don't get though, he is generally a bit of a tackling machine (mostly just jumping in to the tackles, not dominant, but certainly playing a role), and on rare occasions he has a bit of a run, is it such a crazy idea to...
  18. Ahecee

Pay:The effort's fantastic

The squad seems to be better than a 4-13 team (slightly), so if the effort is good, what is the cause of it under achieving and staring down the barrel of one of our worst seasons on record? I suspect this playing group is done, its time to move on. Pay is already a bit of a unpopular coach, so...
  19. Ahecee

Matt Lodge reaches agreement to pay back victims.

What a asshole, for sure he owes those people compensation for what he did, it shouldn't have taken 3 years to do that though. The NRL should let him keep playing........ as long as all the prop forwards of opposing teams are reminded before each game he was the guy who told a woman "tonight is...
  20. Ahecee

Can the Tigers make the Finals after adding Moses Mbye & Robbie Farah?

Farah's best is long behind him, and Mbye is still a promising young talent that might do something one day 4 years into his FG career, if Tigers had the money to spend, I guess its now spent and they took a nice step sideways?
  21. Ahecee

Chris Anderson getting involved

Do none of our board members understand what their role is, or more importantly isn't? Do your own jobs, and let other people do their job, that is the only way our beloved Bulldogs heading into their second decade of rebuilding will get back to its not sucking ways. I love this club, but I've...
  22. Ahecee

Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

Great news, it was stupid to have paid him overs back when he hadn't proven himself, and its worse to be paying overs now when he still hasn't. All the best to him, but he is certainly not the type of player our club can afford right now while we have no leadership or direction.
  23. Ahecee

MG's bonkers halves idea.

Well, MG did say it was a drastic idea? I'd move Lichaa to #13 or the bench, he's not a bad player, but at this point there is no defence to argue he is or will be a successful #9, at #13 he can tackle all day and maybe chime in from time to time with a set play on offence. Don't know who...
  24. Ahecee

Bulldogs seek to settle Hasler contract with out of court settlement.

The club announced he was re-signed, therefore Des would argue he didn't look for other jobs when he could have....... feels right to me that the club owes something, doubt the offer will be accepted but its a start at ending the whole embarrassing story that was the stupidity of the club from...
  25. Ahecee

The diet and Melbourne regimen turning Dogzilla — Sam Kasiano — into a Storm thriller

He's looking good, I imagine he will be a huge signing for Melbourne, not really looking forward to having to watch Kas play against the Dogs a few times a year.
  26. Ahecee

New Bulldogs Website look

Its not the Bulldogs though, same shitty look on lots of teams sites is rolling out, not to feel left out the NRL put that shit theme to work on their site too......... Way to go NRL, I give you an A for effort, and a F- for site design.
  27. Ahecee

Cleeland instagram DM's

Hi Cleeland
  28. Ahecee

“It’s time for madness”

Can't deny its been pretty effective, Dib was in the middle of pretty much everything that fans wanted to burn the club down for, it all came to a head, and; CEO - gone. Coach - gone. Dib - Hung a few posters, got a new catchphrase, should be sweet.
  29. Ahecee

Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

This is such a boring issue to me, I'm sure it will pass, and then I hope we can stop talking about it. As a previously divorced heterosexual male however, I look at the fight for marriage rights and shake my head, you gay people really fucked up here. Oh how I wish "Babe, I'd love to marry...
  30. Ahecee

Lichaa signing confirmed

I imagine he cost next to nothing, so, good I guess. The guy is great in defence, and has a solid running game, but he either needs to shift to another position or learn to pass the ball from the ruck or kick the ball (both ideally, but one of the two at least). A #9 that can't pass, or kick...
  31. Ahecee

Lichaa Conspiracy Theory

Lichaa is good defensively, and he does have a solid running game, but his comments about the game plan hurting him don't really stack up. He can't kick well and he can't pass well...... not having 50% of the skills your position requires limits you way more than any game plan or coach ever...
  32. Ahecee

Was Mortimer right?

Sure he was right, so its a fairly big shame he didn't use his vote on the board to effect change. Given he was in the position to actually do something about it, I don't find it hugely admirable that he instead talked with the media and removed his ability to actually and directly do...
  33. Ahecee

ORIGIN II THREAD

Even better, he only looked at one angle, and from that angle his foot was conclusively on the line. They couldn't look at a second, it would have created too much controversy when they awarded the try anyway.
  34. Ahecee

ORIGIN II THREAD

That game has to be a pretty great example of how NRL games are directed toward a desired result. There have been a lot of examples of QLD's just fighting back and playing brilliant to win games, but this wasn't one of them, QLD looked pretty crap to me. No question at all that just bad...
  35. Ahecee

Castle won’t be missed at Belmore

Or, it could be used as a example of how Scott Foreman (a man) isn't a very good writer. Castle pretty much lost me with the way we handled bad friday, but its got nothing to do with gender.
  36. Ahecee

The Silence Is Deafening

Moaning about Des is pretty pointless, he has a fresh contract and isn't going anywhere, so the most that can be achieved complaining about it from ex players would be to cause further disruption to the club. Similar with Dib really, having a sook to the media isn't the least bit useful. If any...
  37. Ahecee

What to do with Brenko?

I like Lee, but, I do like Lee more in NSW Cup for the moment. There are a few things awesome about his game, but there are a few things that just plain suck too. He needs to learn defensive positioning better, and remove a few errors from his game, if he does that, he will be one of the better...
  38. Ahecee

Everybody loves raymond

Lane was more a good to loose kind of player given we managed to get RFM for him, if not for that deal, he would have been someone we let go in return for nothing........ like the Warriors got for him, and Manly are in line to get for him.
  39. Ahecee

Des... Some free advice.

Structurally, it doesn't sound awesome to me. If the wingers are wandering out of position just when they feel like it, if the ball goes the direction of where they should be, it will end in a wasted tackle with no opportunity out there. We'd be asking Mbye to follow where to direct the ball...
  40. Ahecee

Des... Some free advice.

Point 4. You want the wingers to come in field late in the set to run in the middle after the forwards have got us moving there, when its been a long held strategy that works to get moving forward first, then move the ball wide and look to score on the edges? I'm not so sure on that plan, it...
  41. Ahecee

Montoya v Holland

He'll still need time to develop, but his break through into FG has been pretty impressive, he looks very comfortable out there, he did in his first game even which is pretty impressive. Hope he keeps learning and developing and does great out there, he's been a positive in a bit of a negative...
  42. Ahecee

Seven changes! Kevin Walters wields the axe ahead of Origin II

Origin! It was very recent QLD talking heads where saying NSW where behind because they didn't stick with a squad and show loyalty to those players like QLD did............. loose one game, and half their squad gets dropped.
  43. Ahecee

Members forum

He deserves a slight dig at the media, pre-season they say we'll be outside the 8, season starts, when we do drop out of the 8 they run with "club in crisis" stories. It doesn't mean there aren't issues to work on, but no doubt he sees their stories every week, the urge must be strong to tease...
  44. Ahecee

Ryan Girdler on Triple M talking about Moses Mbye

Only reason anyone debates if Mbye would be good in another position is because we are stuck with the useless lump for years to come. I'm not convinced he would be a great hooker, or fullback, or even centre, but he would have to be less crap at one of those positions than he is as a half.
  45. Ahecee

Matty Johns show - Footage of our warm up pre Panthers game

Are warm ups usually different? Can't say I've ever really watched them, but I'd assume its not overly helpful to burn energy in them, or belt the crap out of each other pre-game?
  46. Ahecee

PAUL CARTER RELEASED!

He isn't a particularly great player, and needs a full time baby sitter to prevent him being a idiot off the field......... time for him to get a real job and be added to the list of people that wasted whatever talent they had.
  47. Ahecee

Is there an alternate view on how we are going as a club?

Administration and management wise, things don't look very good to me. Dib above anyone or anything else is a worry, doing interviews...... reportedly asking Des to leave the locker room so he can talk to the team, just his general regular contact with the media, none of that is what a chairman...
  48. Ahecee

Brad Abbey

Abbey needs more time in NSW Cup, he's still young, he'll only be 21 next season....... having had some time in FG now, and given a solid season of NSW Cup, I'd expect he either makes it or doesn't next season, not so much this season.
  49. Ahecee

John Grant steps down from ARLC position!

Who is going to officially announce team names and player names wrong now? I'm sure the Manly Seagulls and Cronulla Hawks where devastated when they heard this news.
  50. Ahecee

Hooker for 2018

If its that one then you know we are having salary cap issues
  51. Ahecee

Hooker for 2018

Hopefully Mbye finds the position he is good at, and hopefully its at #9, hard to see him not playing somewhere given the money he is on, but its painful watching him play at 6 or 7 for any money.
  52. Ahecee

Gotenks is famous

Are you looking to be Gotenks agent Mr I?
  53. Ahecee

Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Doubt the club would be giving up on Lee, he's had some of the teams better touches in attack this year, but he gets in the wrong position constantly and makes some pretty basic bad decisions, the areas he is lacking in look to me to be just as easily resolved in NSW cup....... I can't think of...
  54. Ahecee

Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Its a better looking team this week than last, looking forward to seeing Mbye slot back in at 9 at some point and see how that looks a bit more. Good to see Montoya starting again and Lee out (for now) too.
  55. Ahecee

Talkin Sport with Ray Dib @ 4:15pm

Why is Dib doing interviews? If he wants to be the next CEO he should submit his resume, as it stands, he really looks to have undermined the current CEO and is working now to undermine the next one that isn't even picked yet.
  56. Ahecee

Montoya Re-Signs

Cool, I'm a Montoya fan, IMO he's the best emerging player we have, he looks good under the high ball and plays with a bit of purpose, hope he sees some more stable minutes out there.
  57. Ahecee

Todd Greenberg

Probably, I can't really think of anything Castle has done to create the situation, so presumably things would be about the same from a fan perspective if Greenberg was still around......... with the job his been doing as NRL CEO, maybe he will be available to come back and be our CEO again.
  58. Ahecee

An Outside Assessment of the Dogs

Wouldn't usually direct comment to a individual, but worth noting this is someone who worked for those betting companies that brought increased shit to our game, and now works as a pretend writer. It holds no more value and possibly less insight than any other post which has the advantage of...
  59. Ahecee

Then..... maybe your over rating yourself and Oatley provided another apt definition? Just saying, it is a plausible alternative.
  60. Ahecee

Oatley did say it best, however, on Lee......... the IQ of a lamp post? A lamp post doesn't have a IQ that would register, much like certain presidents of the US that may or may not be in the job right now but certainly are. A lamp post is however a source of light and therefore displays some...
  61. Ahecee

Are we potential wooden spooners?

No........... if we compete for it then mass sackings will be in order. Knights are in a bad spot because Bennett set them back a few years in his time in charge of a team without a inside track. Tigers are in bad shape because they hired Taylor and expected him to not be a moron. Souths...
  62. Ahecee

Ray dib.

Mortimer v Dib, or Des, or anyone never happened. On field Mortimer was a absolute legend, better than a few of the NRL Immortals. As a part of the club management at the highest level with a board seat, he wasn't great. He was a board member, with a voice and a vote on what happened, and...
  63. Ahecee

Rd13 Presser

From what I followed he wasn't wrong mostly, I can't really hear the questions in these things, but not sure about the numbers he was giving, they aren't completions, we didn't break into the 20's on those. We can absolutely control the amount of possession, that's not a complex formula. By...
  64. Ahecee

We never got beat 30+ to nil twice in a season under Kevin Moore

No? Then you are blessed and shouldn't watch those seasons back, we where pretty craptacular. I am questioning a bit about Des right now, but lets not get carried away, things where not at all better under Moore. There has to be a reason Moore didn't find another coaching role when even the...
  65. Ahecee

Klemmer Rubbishes Rumours

Wait, WTF, why do the Bulldogs need to pay out his manager? They signed Klem, not his manager, that makes less sense than the articles have. Sounds like a lawsuit should be in the future of either that manager, or fairfax media. However, reading between lines, fairfax didn't get their story...
  66. Ahecee

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler reaches 350 game coaching milestone

Come on Des, you don't even need to learn a new trick, this is a old one, the way the team played today and have been building toward for a bit now....... its ripping doors out of their hinges time. I think Tolman did his job today, Hoppa was ok, outside that, Garvey showed he at least gave a...
  67. Ahecee

Team for next week

Turn your caps lock off, it doesn't stress your point more, just makes your posts less likely to be read.
  68. Ahecee

Let me guess: lack of possession was the reason we lost.

Well, yeh, that would be one pretty key part, missed tackles where huge too....... is there anyone who thinks a lack of possession isn't a issue? It's not a excuse, its just a factual answer, if your dropping the ball over and over again, that will impact the game a bit. I don't know why anyone...
  69. Ahecee

Round 13 - Dogs vs Panthers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Without team changes I'm not really interested in watching games, its pretty clear most of the team don't care so there is no point. 66% Completion 12 Errors 48 Missed Tackles Whatever else Des may or may not do, its all irrelevant if we only complete 19 sets in a entire game. What Des needs...
  70. Ahecee

Get fucked, there was no penalty there
  71. Ahecee

I want Garvey in the starting side from now till the end of the season
  72. Ahecee

25 missed tackles, 6 errors ...... and its only half time. 57% completion rate, disgusting performance so far, and given we've had to make 50 more tackles than penrith already, can't imagine any possibility of a come back. They should just switch NSW cup and FG teams next game, I can't imagine...
  73. Ahecee

The boys are playing especially shit today, but this fucking ref....... if a player is in the ruck and not trying to get clear at all, you blow the whistle dickhead.
  74. Ahecee

What happens when Reynolds returns?

The part I'm most interested in seeing is Mbye getting time at #9 again to see how he goes there when Frawley comes off the bench at pairs up with Reynolds. That experiment got cut short and seems important for both this season and next.
  75. Ahecee

Clint Gutherson

He signed a new 3 year deal in the off season with Parramatta
  76. Ahecee

2018 - Fill in the blanks

Right now, maybe Frawley and Foran in the halves with Mbye at 9. Elliott isn't locked in for next season as far as I know yet, but overall its looking something like that.
  77. Ahecee

Gordon tallis on Matty John''''''''''''''''s show

Wish they had Gallen in game 1...... that would have helped the Bulldogs quite a bit last round. QLD might want to name Tallis for game 2, he isn't that much older than most of the rest of their team.
  78. Ahecee

Ennis: Dogs must evolve before it's too late

I don't buy that for a second, he's just not that good. The Bulldogs are held back by him being in the team and wasting a large chunk of our cap. When there are attacking opportunities and he has the ball in hand, more often than not he doesn't see them. He kicks at a U10's level, and he goes...
  79. Ahecee

Ennis: Dogs must evolve before it's too late

"Moses Mbye, Matt Frawley and Michael Lichaa need to be able to play what's in front of them." Mbye and Lichaa are not being held back due to structure. Lichaa is a hooker that can't pass the ball quickly or accurately, Mbye is a lazy player who disappears, but it doesn't matter much because...
  80. Ahecee

Nathan peats

Got to suck for every team figuring out what they can and can't do next year when mid way through the season the league hasn't set the cap yet, hard to believe the league thinks its okay to set these prices less than a year in advance. Lets say the rumours about Kas are true, even with that...
  81. Ahecee

State of Origin 2017 - Game I | Queensland v New South Wales

Guess Klem had enough of Milf's cheap shots, just gave him a solid hit in the back
  82. Ahecee

It is so refreshing to watch a game the refs aren't blowing the whistle every 2 seconds in
  83. Ahecee

Did that really need to be checked? Pretty sure the people sitting in the back row saw the bounce
  84. Ahecee

Don't usually care a whole lot about origin, but using this game as a substitute to watching a good Bulldogs game given recent performances.......... please NSW, just don't suck
  85. Ahecee

kasiano- good or bad for the team??

Fire up Wolfie, get em lol
  86. Ahecee

Eastwood not going

They are already at $9.5m, but the NRL are wanting to include a number of new costs to the cap (not new costs, but costs that don't count to the cap right now like insurance), which apparently left the actual cap space that could be spent on players to $8.3m.
  87. Ahecee

Stubborn Team Selections

At least till Reynolds is back, we don't really have another option (well, for Mbye, Lichaa could go but I get the feeling there is a connection there). That's got to be pretty soon now, I've lost count of the weeks but it feels like a eternity since Reynolds was out there.
  88. Ahecee

Round 12 - vs Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Pretty good defence for most of the game, with 3 or 4 just useless defensive sets thrown in, but with the stupid mistakes throughout the Bulldogs didn't really deserve to win, so pretty fair result I guess.
  89. Ahecee

Half time advice from Finch, the guy was a joke, how did he get a job analysing what other players are doing? lol
  90. Ahecee

Pretty good demonstration of Mbye's football IQ there, he just walked into Frawley as he was about to kick......... good job champ.
  91. Ahecee

Sharks have awesome defence there..... although it must be quite a bit easier given most of them are only back about 5m
  92. Ahecee

Pretty shit 30 minutes from the Dogs, and yet we have the lead....... might be our lucky night.
  93. Ahecee

Nathan Peats vs Rockstar fullback

Can this poll be edited to include the current options, but also include a unicorn and a leprechaun? I imagine we're equally as likely to sign one of those for next season.
  94. Ahecee

'Family club' fractured as Kiwi Raelene Castle resigns

It's a bullshit article, I do feel dumber for having seen it, it raises some interesting points though, or, just one really. If we had locked up Foran officially and Castle texted her counterpart in NZ due to not knowing it was done because Dib did it and didn't feel the CEO needed to...
  95. Ahecee

Kevin Moore as CEO

Like it or not, its not the 80's anymore and the NRL is a genuine professional sport these days, my personal view is to be on the list of potential CEO's, you should have a education qualification in business, and another specifically in sports admin or science, you should also have minimum 2...
  96. Ahecee

The Castle has fallen

What's a Rugby League Chief, and does any club have one of them? Paul Harragon maybe? but, that was only a nickname, not a job title.
  97. Ahecee

The Castle has fallen

Given the size of the clubs business, I really hope they don't do something stupid and recruit a new CEO based on previous club experience as a player. The CEO isn't a cheerleader, or there to inspire and develop the players, they need to oversee membership programs, sponsorship, marketing, and...
  98. Ahecee

Cody Walker

Its really all a academic argument, there is no incentive for Souths to release him, they get 200k more cap space? They could let him play out his time in NSW Cup for that money and see if he wants another shot at FG some point down the road. He can just walk and play in England for a couple...
  99. Ahecee

Mbyes Time to Shine

Doubt Des is giving up on the season to wait for Foran to arrive. I'd hope once Reynolds is back that Des goes right back to trying out Mbye at 9 and giving Frawley some more lower pressure looks at 7. My guess is Des will infuriate the kennel and put Frawley right back on the bench to make it...
  100. Ahecee

Recruitment: Are we done?

Yeh, you've only got a couple of first graders though, so you better hold on to those reserve graders or you won't be able to field a full squad.