Are we potential wooden spooners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are 4 points away from last place. We have been presposturous of late and i'm not watching the dogs and warrior's match. I'm afraid that the only way we are going to see the man who's name shall not be said gone. The current state that the club is in is practically unfixable.

Reactions: DT

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No........... if we compete for it then mass sackings will be in order.

Knights are in a bad spot because Bennett set them back a few years in his time in charge of a team without a inside track.

Tigers are in bad shape because they hired Taylor and expected him to not be a moron.

Souths are in trouble because Inglis knees can't hold up to that terrible try celebration thing he does, same as QLD are suffering from not having their leading geographically challenged New South Welshman try scorer on board.

Warriors are in trouble because they are......... the Warriors, they will throw away games because they do that better than any team before.

Titans are in trouble because they are backed on Hayne, and Hayne will be asleep right now, and will for sure have a whole new dream come tomorrow. Post origin though, he might go to sleep after that for the rest of the year.

Raiders are in trouble because the teams a bit lacking, and, Stuart is still Stuart.

Eels are in trouble because........... they are the Eels? They have the proud history of being the only team to watch a kids Disney movie, and then actually running a play based on it....... yes you Sterlo, you created some of the stupidest set plays ever, and Bulldogs players destroyed at least a few of them by just running in to them and breaking them, fun times..... and now your job is breaking down and analysing plays, even funnier.

Panthers are in trouble because, that team isn't really very good, and some hopeless team just made them think they didn't suck this past round.

There are other not awesome teams, so, if we just stop sucking top 8 seems doable. With the squad we have, maybe if the players start acting like playing football is their profession and the way they make their money for a couple of months, we should be sweet. Catch, pass, tackle, kick... that basic stuff taught to kids, do that, then we make the top 8 and some other talent challenged kid should be able to push for the big bucks, Mbye did it without even doing any of that stuff, inspirational story.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
probably not. but that's more because the knights are so shit.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
More of a chance than people think

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are a massive chance! We simply can't score points snd when our defence doesn't put in we don't stand a chance. I'm not sure why people think we won't get it because of the Knights and Tigers? The Knights have scored more points then us and the Tigers have already beaten us!

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are not 'potential' wooden spooners. We are one of the leading contenders. If knights verse us tomorrow I'm confident they beat us

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Right now 100%, Tigers have already beaten us and Knights would give us a real run for our money, it's just become such a sad state of affairs.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened yesterday happened because the players didn't turn up.
Energy level wasn't there from the start.
Ball control non existent.
One on one tackles being missed.
A 38 to nil hiding is down to the players.

I saw at least twice our players just stand and even chase two Panthers kick into our in goal area. Except for Hoppa and Mybe once.

That tells me there's big trouble with the team.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are vulnerable to any side that plays us up the middle with quick plays, fast forwards, and speedy backs looking for inside passes. That just about describes all the other teams.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are vulnerable to any side that plays us up the middle with quick plays, fast forwards, and speedy backs looking for inside passes. That just about describes all the other teams.
I can count 14 of those sides lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened yesterday happened because the players didn't turn up.
Energy level wasn't there from the start.
Ball control non existent.
One on one tackles being missed.
A 38 to nil hiding is down to the players.

I saw at least twice our players just stand and even chase two Panthers kick into our in goal area. Except for Hoppa and Mybe once.

That tells me there's big trouble with the team.
Those last two tries were farcical. Defenders were just like: Meh.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are 29/1 get on it before those odds drop

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are 4 points away from last place. We have been presposturous of late and i'm not watching the dogs and warrior's match. I'm afraid that the only way we are going to see the man who's name shall not be said gone. The current state that the club is in is practically unfixable.
Not just potential, based on recent evidence almost certainties!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
as others have said, i think the knights have got the spoon covered but this plodder team will give it a darn good go though. Our 1-9 is the weakest i can remember for some time, it's abysmal and easily the worst in the comp.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Abso-fucking-lutely and deservedly so. The Knights at least they have an excuse with such a young squad, they at least they show some promise, what the fuck do we show? A bitch slapping punk who gets sent off.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
called it before the season started

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we miss the 8 then I hope we do. I'll get a wooden spoon taped to my door a work as I did in 07 but at least I'll know we would have reached rock bottom. Rock bottom is the only sure way the club will ever make the changes we so desperately need.

Status
Not open for further replies.