Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Making the Nut.. makingthenut.com

From The Couch: Round 13

Time to Carve Up Canterbury: Canterbury need a total rebuild and it needs to happen now. They are an awful team. Their attack is embarrassing. Raelene resigned last week. There should be many more outs too. The shortcomings of the team have been discussed in these pages. Now, a player by player assessment.

Will Hopoate – Cannot believe they re-signed him. Safe but offers nothing in attack. Should be cut.
Kerrod Holland – Daryl Halligan without the goalkicking ability, speed or defensive nous. Cut.
Josh Morris – Has been ordinary for years. Holland can out run him. Sacked.
Brett Morris – It would be nice if he played once for Canterbury like he did for NSW. Fired.
Brenko Lee – Has the football IQ of a lamp post. At least he can run. Can stay on low coin.
Josh Reynolds – Devastating to see him go. At least he tried.
Matt Frawley – A good third choice half for a team that will never challenge.
Moses Mbye – The Loch Ness Monster is less of a myth. Some say he is a fullback. I used to think he was a hooker. He is just hopeless. First person axed.
Michael Lichaa – Will go down as one of the worst signings in club history. Would not rate in the top 30 hookers in the NRL. Wouldn’t be in my Canterbury NSW Cup team.
James Graham – Tries his guts out. With the right coach he would have more of an impact. Stays.
Aiden Tolman – Pretty one-dimensional so it is a surprise he is the first receiver and first-choice attacking option for every play inside the 20.
David Klemmer – Wants a release and can get one. A thug with no discipline.
Sam Kasiano – Too lairy. Should learn to act like a prop. Go.
Greg Eastwood – Plays one good game a season. A bit of the Corey Hughes about him.
Josh Jackson – Canterbury’s best player. Make him captain. Must be sick of playing with such a weak bunch.
Adam Elliot – Sign him if it is a minimum deal. Absolute plodder.
The Rest – Cut. Nothing there from anyone who has played first grade other than maybe Marcello Montoya.
Des Hasler – Sacked. He actually has no idea what he is doing. He built this side. This is his style. Anyone involved in his signing should be out the door. I’d take Jason Taylor over him at this point.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brenko Lee – Has the football IQ of a lamp post. At least he can run. Can stay on low coin.
Fkn lol. I needed a laugh. Sad day that people are excited over this bloke who wouldn't make most other NRL sides.

Don't agree on this one. He is coming along nicely.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Making the Nut.. makingthenut.com

From The Couch: Round 13

Time to Carve Up Canterbury: Canterbury need a total rebuild and it needs to happen now. They are an awful team. Their attack is embarrassing. Raelene resigned last week. There should be many more outs too. The shortcomings of the team have been discussed in these pages. Now, a player by player assessment.

Will Hopoate – Cannot believe they re-signed him. Safe but offers nothing in attack. Should be cut.
Kerrod Holland – Daryl Halligan without the goalkicking ability, speed or defensive nous. Cut.
Josh Morris – Has been ordinary for years. Holland can out run him. Sacked.
Brett Morris – It would be nice if he played once for Canterbury like he did for NSW. Fired.
Josh Reynolds – Devastating to see him go. At least he tried.
Matt Frawley – A good third choice half for a team that will never challenge.
Moses Mbye – The Loch Ness Monster is less of a myth. Some say he is a fullback. I used to think he was a hooker. He is just hopeless. First person axed.
Michael Lichaa – Will go down as one of the worst signings in club history. Would not rate in the top 30 hookers in the NRL. Wouldn’t be in my Canterbury NSW Cup team.
James Graham – Tries his guts out. With the right coach he would have more of an impact. Stays.
Aiden Tolman – Pretty one-dimensional so it is a surprise he is the first receiver and first-choice attacking option for every play inside the 20.
David Klemmer – Wants a release and can get one. A thug with no discipline.
Sam Kasiano – Too lairy. Should learn to act like a prop. Go.
Greg Eastwood – Plays one good game a season. A bit of the Corey Hughes about him.
Josh Jackson – Canterbury’s best player. Make him captain. Must be sick of playing with such a weak bunch.
The Rest – Cut. Nothing there from anyone who has played first grade other than maybe Marcello Montoya.
Des Hasler – Sacked. He actually has no idea what he is doing. He built this side. This is his style. Anyone involved in his signing should be out the door. I’d take Jason Taylor over him at this point.
He's really early this week publishing 'from the couch' he must be as fired up as us ... I agree with everything except for Klemmer..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's not an outsiders assessment - it is a dickheads assessment.
Lol! All views are those expressed by the author..not necessarily mine.. Well maybe..Lol!

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Top assessment.

I would actually take Taylor over Hasbeen at this stage

Reactions: GDR

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are spot on with Kerrod Holland.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No...its an outsiders assessment. I agree with everything he said except elliot.
Yeah well I guess you would agree with the positive assessment of Reynolds. After all it only cost you $850k....Hoppa is a top line footballer who regularly makes 150+m a game.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah well I guess you would agree with the positive assessment of Reynolds. After all it only cost you $850k....Hoppa is a top line footballer who regularly makes 150+m a game.
Tigers are gonna get more value for money from Reynolds & Cleary than what we are getting from Dudbye & Hasbeen

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers are gonna get more value for money from Reynolds & Cleary than what we are getting from Dudbye & Hasbeen
Hold that thought mate. Reynolds will play like Benji for them, just as he does with us. always trying but 5 bad games to 1 good one.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hold that thought mate. Reynolds will play like Benji for them, just as he does with us. always trying but 5 bad games to 1 good one.

So your a fortune teller now?

btw Des Hasler is a shit *****

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd keep Hoppa for the centres. Elliot has potential. Rest I agree with lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

My Name is Nick Tedeschi, and I'm a shitcunt.

upload_2017-6-5_2-5-26.png

I also wrote this absolute garbage article.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oatley did say it best, however, on Lee......... the IQ of a lamp post?

A lamp post doesn't have a IQ that would register, much like certain presidents of the US that may or may not be in the job right now but certainly are. A lamp post is however a source of light and therefore displays some brightness because it can't be a lamp post, if at the top of the post you don't find a lamp.

I personally prefer to liken Lee to a potato, zero football IQ, zero brightness. Still holds value because, you can't make fries without them, half of Ireland dies without them, but, still stupid............ you can use my far better analogy if you'd like Nick Tedeschi, your welcome.

Last edited:

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No...its an outsiders assessment. I agree with everything he said except elliot.
Then..... maybe your over rating yourself and Oatley provided another apt definition? Just saying, it is a plausible alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.