Clint Gutherson

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are spot on about Hoppa being a young Sam Perrett !

However if you were an outstanding fullback would you come to the bulldogs knowing what you know about Des's playing style?
Mate I probably won't BUT
Instead of playing on the wing and earn around 300k max - I would take a number 1 jersey and double the cash

A good sales pitch+ great offer + better position to play and chance to set up a family = sounds like a good deal to me = I doubt Hasbeen knows how to sell it to players though took him 3 goes to get his ex player lol

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like Lolohea and Nikorima, he's a reasonable player, but yet to master one position.

Why does everyone blow their loads and want the Dogs to sign an average player when they string together a few games??
Because that average player ( according to you) shi**s all over our 1-6 week in week out

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gutho already extended his deal earlier this year

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I like him because he is fast. We have no quick players in the team

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Also his name sounds like clit. Cool.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because he isn't an average player.
Agree totally. This kid is a FOOTBALLER, has instinct, a brain and speed.
At The Manly production line he was ahead of Tommy Turbo from a maturity point of view, so got his crack earlier. He showed enough then BEFORE he had signed with the Eels to suggest he was worth bringing across. But Captain Yesterday and Lard Arse couldn't see through the Foran and Trex cum stains obstructing their vision to make a proactive signing.

Even Foran, as good as he is, is a couple of contracts too late in coming across, and Fuckwit's obvious hard on for Foran, has led to him missing god knows how many other halves which have been on the market over the past 5 years.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Every time someone has a good game for another team, we have a thread that we should sign them. Even if we dont need anyone in that position. I guess with the lack of wins lately we have little else to talk about lol. Its getting a little silly now though.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Clint gutherson was mentioned because we don't have anyone in that position
Hoppa Is not going to win us a premiership nor will frawley

And above all when there is a good player available you create a position for him

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Clint gutherson was mentioned because we don't have anyone in that position
Hoppa Is not going to win us a premiership nor will frawley

And above all when there is a good player available you create a position for him
Bullshit. In any case hoppa will play whether you like him or not. And IMO hes quite good enough and will get better.

And also... hes getting mentioned because he played last night and had a good game. If he hadnt played last night and killed it i bet my left nut this thread doesnt exist today.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are a moderator - you can check my old posts to see if I have mentioned Clint before or not - seeing him play great triggers the memory again -regardless I don't want you to sacrifice a nut for such a small issue lol

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are spot on about Hoppa being a young Sam Perrett !

However if you were an outstanding fullback would you come to the bulldogs knowing what you know about Des's playing style?
Exactly..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You are a moderator - you can check my old posts to see if I have mentioned Clint before or not - seeing him play great triggers the memory again -regardless I don't want you to sacrifice a nut for such a small issue lol
I guess my main point is we cant sign everyone we see have a good game. I cant get enthusiastic about dreaming of signing everyone. Most of these players probably dont want to leave their current clubs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because he isn't an average player.
Even Arana Taumata looked good for half a season.

Point being, people blow loads over a player (untested), and yet if Gutho has a shocker next week (or for the next month), we won't hear a peep out of this thread.

If he was that decent, Parra wouldn't have dragged his contract out until the last minute.

Every time someone has a good game for another team, we have a thread that we should sign them. Even if we dont need anyone in that position. I guess with the lack of wins lately we have little else to talk about lol. Its getting a little silly now though.
EXACTLY ... and when they play shithouse the poster goes into hiding.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even Arana Taumata looked good for half a season.

Point being, people blow loads over a player (untested), and yet if Gutho has a shocker next week (or for the next month), we won't hear a peep out of this thread.

If he was that decent, Parra wouldn't have dragged his contract out until the last minute.

EXACTLY ... and when they play shithouse the poster goes into hiding.
No.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've made comment about gutherson some time ago, it's not because he just had a good game fwiw.
Like most here, I think what you're seeing is a commentary on the crazy arse decision making that's plagued the recruitment policy of the club, since Bugalugs became coach.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't pay a lot of attention to it at the time because I couldn't care less about the Eels, but I seem to remember there was a specific reason why Gutherson signed with Parra at the time. it may have been a half baked player swap or something specifically to do with Arthur or maybe both but Gutherson I don't think was interested in signing with anyone else. Of course we wouldn't have had the cap space anyway to pay what Parra did for him so it is all rather moot talking about how we should or should not have signed him a couple of years ago.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hello Fellas,

Read the news during the week about Hoppa Re-signed for 3 years - I know a lot of people like him here but for me he is just a Young Sam perrett who is just safe and offers very little in speed and attack

We need to make a play for Clint Gutherson - guy Is a gun - natural ball playing fullback who can fill into five eight if need be - we can drop Holland as he can kick goals and if anyone has seen him lately his passion for winning is what we don't have
With parra signing beven for 3 years
Having moses and Norman he has to play wing
Offer him a permanent fullback role - being a Manly junior Des the Tool should have some connection with him

We should play Hoppa on wing and then put him into centres when Morris leaves/retires in 2019 hopefully
He signed a new 3 year deal in the off season with Parramatta

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes... Manly fans couldn't wait to get rid of him over there as he had tits for hands (like Taufua).

He was like their Brett Lane / Mitch Brown / Jono Wright.
No lol

Status
Not open for further replies.