The Castle has fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Given the size of the clubs business, I really hope they don't do something stupid and recruit a new CEO based on previous club experience as a player.

The CEO isn't a cheerleader, or there to inspire and develop the players, they need to oversee membership programs, sponsorship, marketing, and club spending and budgets (not just the player payment side of finances). They need to make solid decisions with player conduct, and work with the NRL administration, knowing when to follow their lead and when to push back.

Greenberg was our best CEO, the next needs to be in that kind of mould, his resume was:

University of NSW Sports Science Degree
UTS Masters Degree
Cricket NSW Events & Promotions Manager
Bulldogs Operations and Events Manager
ANZ Stadium General Manager

And then Bulldogs CEO

To me, that looks like a decent amount of qualification, the next CEO should have a similarly substantial background to demonstrate they would be capable of the job.

I'd hire the old boys in player mentoring, spokesman, or specialty coaching roles, fan engagement, even for a few board seats to represent the players interests. I just wouldn't put them at the pointy end of the key business role within the club unless they had a post football playing resume similar to Greenberg's.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thank fick good riddance!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the size of the clubs business, I really hope they don't do something stupid and recruit a new CEO based on previous club experience as a player.

The CEO isn't a cheerleader, or there to inspire and develop the players, they need to oversee membership programs, sponsorship, marketing, and club spending and budgets (not just the player payment side of finances). They need to make solid decisions with player conduct, and work with the NRL administration, knowing when to follow their lead and when to push back.

Greenberg was our best CEO, the next needs to be in that kind of mould, his resume was:

University of NSW Sports Science Degree
UTS Masters Degree
Cricket NSW Events & Promotions Manager
Bulldogs Operations and Events Manager
ANZ Stadium General Manager

And then Bulldogs CEO

To me, that looks like a decent amount of qualification, the next CEO should have a similarly substantial background to demonstrate they would be capable of the job.

I'd hire the old boys in player mentoring, spokesman, or specialty coaching roles, fan engagement, even for a few board seats to represent the players interests. I just wouldn't put them at the pointy end of the key business role within the club unless they had a post football playing resume similar to Greenberg's.
He is also Jewish, which means he has the connections and power

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood the tranny reference to Castle.. someone care to elaborate?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Would like to see a charismatic type that is actually capable of landing a decent fucking signature.

Read from a few of the key players that we signed under Greenburger that it was his and Kevin Morre's sales pitch and vision for the club that convinced them to come to the dogs.
And they signed here when the club was on its knees and had just won the spoon.

Whoever else was involved in recruitment back then did not fuck around in identifying our weaknesses and Todd made sure he landed the signatures that mattered most.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We need someone with balls to stand up to Des and scum dib.
I am not referring to her sex, I mean it as figure of speech before someone like Oatley dog gets teary
I'm sorry Nitboy did I upset you? Based on your comments I can only conclude you have little knowledge of governance, accountability and responsibility in board controlled environment. Castle doesn't mean anything to me any more than Dib or Des. They just happen to hold custodian roles in a team I have followed for over 50 years. They come, they go. Did Castle do a good job - I really don't know but outwardly I think she did and is still doing the things she is supposed to be doing. We haven't had any significant cap problems (Perrett's backflip notwithstanding) and apart from a couple of drunken comments on a mad monday our players have been walking the straight and narrow. That is reflected in our sponsorship position. We have improved facilities for the players and the members are treated better now that at any previous time.

(Paragraph just for you) ..For some reason people keep thinking that we live in the days of the Secretary/Manager. It just doesn't exist anymore and never will again. Neither will we have a mob of cauliflower eared football board members running things. They all have to have skills and expertise in governance, particularly if they want to avoid personal liability. So just who do you think will replace her? Will they do a fundamentally different job to her? Male or female they have to be qualified in terms of management and board operations - not gang tackling. They will be subject directly to the wishes of the board and they will have to front the media and say things that personally they may not believe but are required to say as part of their job. In other words the face may change but the substance won't.

Reaction score
Would like to see a charismatic type that is actually capable of landing a decent fucking signature.

Read from a few of the key players that we signed under Greenburger that it was his and Kevin Morre's sales pitch and vision for the club that convinced them to come to the dogs.
And they signed here when the club was on its knees and had just won the spoon.

Whoever else was involved in recruitment back then did not fuck around in identifying our weaknesses and Todd made sure he landed the signatures that mattered most.
that's exactly right, extremely remarkable when you look at the context of the situation. as you said the club was on it's knees, we were outcasts.
greenburg gave us back something every young bloke in sydney at the time would be familar with.
whenever you would pick up a new girl after the coffs harbour scandal it was obvious how bad our reputation was from a female's perspective, greenburg turned that around for us

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I just hope the club grows some balls and hires a CEO with a pair of them!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Difference is the male ceo's did not last as long as raelene has considering her shitty record as CEO. So it is hard to say that her gender had nothing to do with it. We didn't wanna look sexist firing the first female CEO so quick into her job, media would have eaten us alive. Now the media can't ravage the bulldogs for being sexist coz she's just fuks up after fuk up.
Um..ha ha ha...just ha ha.. The person is Des..she gave him his team.. Have a quick look over at Manly or at Penrith..if you don't do what they want you to do..the CEO goes or the coach goes..she did what Des wanted..he happy..that's why she stayed.. Team goes crap..can't fire Des he's a genius..Foran is coming because of him..get rid of the CEO..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For all those who don't know...
CEO stand for Chief Executive Officer
In reality Castle was never a proper RUGBY LEAGUE Chief
Nor she ever properly EXECUTED Football issues
In saying that it's not necessarily totally her fault
She shouldn't have been employed in the position

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest issue with the club is still there .. Dibb and his mafia
It has to be a professional leader in the Greenburgh mould or an ex-player who knows how to run and drive people & business. Don't be surprised to see someone like ex-dog Corey Payne put his hat in the ring..

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The CEO role is a busy job, I think she performed ok in day to day Operations. But what did she introduce / implement ? I heard her talking recently about the Family Club and introducing cribs and kid's play areas as many players had children and we are after all the Family Club. Not sure if this is a distraction or actually a good thing, but fans want more than this. Maybe I have missed it but can anyone list her record of achievements here ?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So no more "Blogging with the Boss"?

I know what the overwhelming response is going to be!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.