The reason BMoz chose the Roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad the Morris's are going. They have been great for us and its not their fault Hasler & Dib totally fucked us. I wish them both well.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad the Morris's are going. They have been great for us and its not their fault Hasler & Dib totally fucked us. I wish them both well.
You forgot to mention Raelene 'Anything Des Wants' Castle.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anyone remembers Nick Kouparitsas sang a similar tune when he left us for the Rorters..

They must have that generic spiel already typed out to give to incoming recruits

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they dont win next year there’s something wrong the amount of players they are signing theyll have 2 first grade teams
But still no premierships. Such a joke of a club they literally have no salary cap by the looks of it

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get ready to laugh because it'a a cracker. LOL talk about delusional.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/28...redentials-key-factor-in-luring-brett-morris/

Alicia Newton Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:10 PM
Departing Canterbury winger Brett Morris said the opportunity to win another premiership before retirement played a major role in his decision to join the Sydney Roosters next season.

Morris announced earlier in the week he will link up with the Tricolours for the next two years, knocking back several offers from rival clubs with the length of the deal and rich successful history at Bondi too good an opportunity to refuse.

The Roosters were quick to fill the void left by Blake Ferguson, who will leave at season's end to join Parramatta, with the recruitment of Morris and England winger Ryan Hall.

The 31-year-old also noted his father Steve's stint at the Roosters in 1987 as another drawcard to move East and finish his career.

"They're a club that's successful and being in the last couple of years in my career it's something that I want to achieve, success," Morris said.

"I want to try and win a competition. I did it with the Dragons in 2010 and it feels like an age. It's something that I'd love to finish my career with a premiership and the Roosters definitely have the squad to do that. For me personally I feel I still have a lot to give in the NRL. And this year while it's been tough I feel like I've played some consistent footy. That was the big thing for me."

Brett's departure is in sync with brother Josh, who will join Cronulla on a two-year deal next season.

While fans were hoping for a fairytale finish together from the pair, Brett admitted it came down to business and the pair understood each other's decision.

"I've got three kids and he's got one. Things change over time and you've got to do what's best for yourself. Obviously it would have been nice to finish together but it's not to be. A couple of years down the track we might be able to play together at Kiama. There were a few [offers]. It's nice to feel wanted, myself and Josh both love the game of rugby league and try to give it our all. We wear our hearts on our sleeves and still think we have a lot to offer."

Morris will leave behind four years at Belmore and as a senior player at the club feels it's the right time to step aside and allow for Canterbury's youth to come through the systems.

"A lot of guys here have probably played this level of footy a bit earlier than they expected and it's a tough gig. They haven't looked out of place. The more games these guys get the better players they're going to be."

He admitted there was no certainty to his position in the line-up next season at the Roosters with the addition of Hall and incumbent winger Daniel Tupou on the left edge but welcomed the challenge.

"It's exciting, that's the way you start your career so why not finish it like that. You're fighting for spots as a young fella and it's no different when you're older. If anything it brings out the best in you."
To me it looked like Brett but also to some extent Josh were both in retirement mode this year. I'm glad that the club did not sign them because there retirement mode would have continued in 2019 and beyond.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has played okay but has been here since 2015 (4 years) which means 97 games ( to date taking away byes and adding finals appearances) for the club and he has played 62 of them a total of 68.13%. and that on a fair bit of money. Looks like over the last three weeks he has had other things on his mind as to me he appeared to be out of sorts.

Guess that means he will play every game for the Roosters and for less if we are to believe things.

Did anyone else see Klem brush both the Morris boys at half time when he waited near the tunnel area for the boys to leave the field. Neither of the Morris boys stayed out on the field at the end of the game either to shake hands with fans but several of the others were out there for eons after the game finished and were in fact being hurried up to the sheds .

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not fussed and think both the mozzies should have retired this year and happy we are playing youth in the backs from next year it will set us up for the long term

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many more times do I have to read a player accept less money to play at the cocks... What a load of BS.. the nrl is fuckn a joke
less money cause of TPAs.

All the op clubs are abusing it. No way Roosters have their current roster under the cap without TPA abuse

Malla

Reaction score
Better team around him which will make footy easier for BMoz. He's passed it and he knows it, would be ultra surprised if he makes it passed 2019.

The city of Canterbury should sue him for robbing Bulldogs of $800k a year over the last 4 years, he is a fraud who has match sticks for ligaments in his body. The most disappointing thing about this nobody is that he just doesn't look like he wants to be there. When the going get's tough, he doesn't step up... he's gone. Flop.

JMac15

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't blame them for leaving. With our cap issues and squad depth we won't be a force for minimum 2 years.

We couldn't offer them much.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the Roosters have a better chance of winning a comp than we do.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets be clear pretty sure roosters are offering more than the Dogs, coz the dogs are offering a donut. and not the edible variety.

he wanted to play on dogs thought investing in a younger less broken model will be better for the future. and I agree. we need to spend cap where it is most effective. we have Smith Crichton and Montoya all with first grade experience. where we are skinny, is the centers. which is why we offered jmoz a contract. he wanted 2 years we offered him 1. maybe we have our eyes on a centre for 2020.

what I don't get is talk of Oates for back row when it seems we have the stocks. and elgey in the halves when we appear to have stocks, unless one of our more experienced halves are not expected to be on the park next year.

on a side note anyone else see a dejected foran in the background in change room after the win?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't be mad at the Morris brothers for leaving, in a ideal world you'd keep them as senior members of a squad that has no option but to go young and start building again, but the club has nothing to offer them really, we have no money and won't be contenders for a bit. Not great for either side, but the best general solution is probably for it to go how it has.

I'm sad they are going, but glad I got to see some pretty great moments from both of them in the blue and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.