Hooker for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, with Lichaa and Garvey off contract who steps into the side for next year. I know we have Brown, Garlick and Woolford for 2018. Is that enough? The only decent hooker in the market is Peats and I don't see us chasing him. My choice would be woolford. Who do you want there for next year?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des will lure Sam Perrett out of retirement to play there.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read that peats has agreed to terms to remain on the gold coast, so i guess that leaves us with what we have. Personally i think mbye. But not because i think he will be a great hooker, but simply because he can not be our halfback. Maybe we can play him at fullback, but i very much doubt hasler will do that.
I Guess woolford is the future, but he needs to step up real soon!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This season is a write off so get Mbye at hooker now so he's not adjusting to it next year. Also if he can't handle it we can do something about it before off season training starts.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read that peats has agreed to terms to remain on the gold coast, so i guess that leaves us with what we have. Personally i think mbye. But not because i think he will be a great hooker, but simply because he can not be our halfback. Maybe we can play him at fullback, but i very much doubt hasler will do that.
I Guess woolford is the future, but he needs to step up real soon!!
M'Bye has done SFA to warrant even being selected in the team in 2017 period!! if he as done any good in any position then please let me know.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
M'Bye has done SFA to warrant even being selected in the team in 2017 period!! if he as done any good in any position then please let me know.
Hooker.. his a completely different footballer there.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Wooldford will step right in

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This season is a write off so get Mbye at hooker now so he's not adjusting to it next year. Also if he can't handle it we can do something about it before off season training starts.
100 % i would throw in lewis too... hipefully he can join foran in halves next yr and replace reynolds in the energy department

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There there, calm down mate. Its all gonna be ok.
Lets be honest, he probably doesnt 'deserve' to be in the team, but he will be. So we need to play him in a position he might actually be good at. I still think he is just being played out of position. He is not and never will be a half. Probably not even a 5/8. Its either hooker, fullback or centre and he is on way too much money for a centre.
Anyway, it looks like he will spend some time at hooker since frawley is on the bench again this week.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping its woolford. Young and enthusiastic. Probs best option for goal kicking too. Dont know about Mbye, hard because hes on too much to be a bench player. One thing that would help Mbye is if we had a good hooker that organised to forwards and an experienced half which we are getting in foran. So maybe put him at 5/8 and hope he comes good. He just looks so disinterested all the time

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree
Has to be mbye

We are stuck with him on big money if we like it or not

His service from dummy half is far better for the team than in the halves

I say
Play him at hooker

Foran is our 6
Frawley is the best we have for 7

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Mbye finds the position he is good at, and hopefully its at #9, hard to see him not playing somewhere given the money he is on, but its painful watching him play at 6 or 7 for any money.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ray Dib to hooker!!!! He seems to believe in the clubs and teams chances going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.