Montoya Re-Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it is great to have him sign up and i like the guy BUT other than be very safe he hasnt set the world on fire.
I like him and im glad he is with us , i just hope he turns into something special.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool, I'm a Montoya fan, IMO he's the best emerging player we have, he looks good under the high ball and plays with a bit of purpose, hope he sees some more stable minutes out there.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
why? he must be keen to be a the only winger in the comp that first of all gets selected on the bench then proceeds to sit there for 80mins
Starting ahead of Holland now pecking order changed with a stroke of a pen it seems

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know it is great to have him sign up and i like the guy BUT other than be very safe he hasnt set the world on fire.
I like him and im glad he is with us , i just hope he turns into something special.
He hasn't had many good ball opportunities to be fair, lots of hit ups in shit part of field

Reactions: DT

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just need him to work on explosive speed bursts over off season and bulk up a bit.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy for the kid but he has a lot of work to do to be a top class winger. We already have a tradesman in Holland We don't need two of them. Montoya really needs to step up his sprint training and defence if he wants to be anything other than a fill in.
Huge potential but "behind our pack" or "under Des".

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes! Now I hope he takes over Lee for the season. Lee has been GREAT in attack but shocking in defence. He hasn't improved and I feel he needs a spell in the nsw cup to fix things up.
Will Des drop him????

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets get this straight, Montoya is a good prospect but Castle is leaving and Hasler isn't far behind her at the moment and we are screwing the salary cap for three years away?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Star of the future as long as des picks him

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid has a good attitude no doubt, but I haven't seen a glimps of X factor. I hope I'm missing something.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well deserved.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great news , lots of potential, hope this means they wont resign the dud Holland
Holland and Lee to me arent a lot different. Both have finishing ability, which is good sometimes, but both are sus in defence. The side usually defends well but Lee, Holland, Frawley all show thier rookiness in defence. Can be hard having all 3 in the team at once in defence.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasn't had many good ball opportunities to be fair, lots of hit ups in shit part of field
Yeah absolutely agree.
Apparently he is a fullback/centre turned winger...interesting...i wonder who changed him and why??

No prizes for guessing though.

Would be great to have someone come into the team playing in their preferred and best suited position but i dare say it wont happen to much for a while...[emoji20]

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Lee and Montoya have great potential and should be 10 year players, so don't we have some one in the coaching staff that will take them under their wings and show them how to tackle and how to read opposition plays.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great news, but he needs to put on a little more size and pace to make our sets start better. He has been smashed recently.

Reactions: DT

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Great news, but he needs to put on a little more size and pace to make our sets start better. He has been smashed recently.
He gets us off to a much quicker start than Holland.

Montoya is listed as 95kg 6ft 2inches but he is only 21 years old. I think once he matures into his Fijian body he has the potential to be a powerhouse winger.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been crying since Rona left the wing. Bmoz is too old to get his body in to positions like Rona used to. I am hoping Montoya is capable just like Rona. I have seen him in the air but i am yet to see him contort his body in the corner. Bring back the corner post in to this dogs side already

Everything you have said here I agree with.

Rona and Marcelo would have been a great 2&5 for us

Status
Not open for further replies.