Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even thou Branko was terrible in defence the last couple of games he did have holland and Frawley inside and out neither can tackle
His defence was good earlier in the year and no issues so I think you have to look at the players around him
I think brenko has a massive future, but his defense has been horrible all year!! Sadly it has just gotten worse these past few weeks since he has had frawley inside of him. Imagine how jackson feels. Lol

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad that Stanley is in for Brenko - people here moaning about losing our attack if Brenko gets dropped but lets face it, we scored zero points last weekend and that right side of defense let in plenty. While not of it is all Brenko's fault, it'll at least tighten up the defence. Hoping Stanley can make it through unscathed for everyone's sake.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brenko defensive Lee-ability out. Attack great but been defensively shit all season. Maybe the checking out the cheerleaders butts was the last straw

Holland laters

At least Des made changes

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brenko defensive Lee-ability out. Attack great but been defensively shit all season. Maybe the checking out the cheerleaders butts was the last straw

Holland laters

At least Des made changes
I thought nobody else noticed that :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chase Stanley to make his annual first grade appearance before getting injured.

Wonder what happened with RFM. He was impressive first half dozen rounds
Serious injury a few weeks ago. In a moon boot

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one can dispute that brenko has been horrible in defence and makes of many errors but he is our only attacking option. At least have him defend on the wing and play him at centre in attack.

You can justify brenko being dropped for those reasons but you cannot justify kasiano and Eastwood being picked each week.

Kasiano makes more errors and misses more tackles than Lee and only plays a third of the minutes!

And hasnt Chase played like two reserve grade games? Throwing him in when he's underdone off his fifth Acl injury is so neglectful by Hasler that he's just setting Chase up to re-injure himself.
I agree with the majority of this post but did you watch Lee on the wing against the roosters at the start of the season? He was worst in defence than he is at centre. He needed to be dropped. I'm
hoping Stanley actually lasts a whole match.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chase Stanley will be lucky to survive one game made of glass early retirement coming!!!!!!!!!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
backline looks far better with that dud lee and holland dropped. I couldn't care less about lee and his supercoach stats, that doesn't show how useless the guy is in defense. Hope stanley goes ok, he is due some luck.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It says a lot when our backup centre is someone in crutches and minimum wage

Fuck des

Reactions: DT

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what happens when Frawley comes on and he plays left and he goes better. Will Hasler make a change? Or will he persist with keeping a natural left handed player on the right?

His kicking game is almost non existent with his natural curve if he is standing 10 meters in from the right touch line and he is kicking to the right.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Struggling to see how people are confused about Brenko Lee being dropped. His defence is atrocious. Same goes for Holland.

Lee is great in attack so hopefully he steps up and comes back better soon. Holland though is beyond saving.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Struggling to see how people are confused about Brenko Lee being dropped. His defence is atrocious. Same goes for Holland.

Lee is great in attack so hopefully he steps up and comes back better soon. Holland though is beyond saving.
Every top team has wingers who make metres and power runs when bringing the ball off their goal line

Holland 4 hitups 14 metres

He was never first grade standard ffs

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a better looking team this week than last, looking forward to seeing Mbye slot back in at 9 at some point and see how that looks a bit more.

Good to see Montoya starting again and Lee out (for now) too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every top team has wingers who make metres and power runs when bringing the ball off their goal line

Holland 4 hitups 14 metres

He was never first grade standard ffs
Holland is a boy playing against men he doesn't belong in first grade. Hopefully he doesn't get back in.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its good to see change.
Lee has leaked badly in D all year. And Holland is not a first grade winger in pace or penetration.

In the same way Hoppa's positional play as a fullback in D is crap. He is a good footballer for centre or wing.
We need a fullback.
We need a fullback.
We need a fullback.

Here's hoping Chase Stanley makes a successful return to first grade - good on him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He's only young time on his side, reminds me of Kata at Warriors, breath taking in attack but clueless in defence particularly reading plays reacting accordingly though I only watched highlights (lowlights) of Panthers game I saw Brenko mistakes in lots of that footage

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm guessing Chase is kicking the goals too

Status
Not open for further replies.