Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People asked for change. And now Lee gets dropped people whinge. FMD. Yeah he has been awesome in attack. But FMD he's defence along with Holland has been horrible. Personally I wouldn't of dropped him. I would of had him swap sides with Jmoz and have Bmoz outside of him. But whatever. Good to see Stanley and Montoya on that right edge. That backline is a lot better. No speed. But our defence needs to be solid. Lately our right side has leaked numerous points. Roosters and panthers ripped us a new arsehole. I still think Eastwood and Kas need to be dropped. But at least he had made changes. Hopefully we fire up and show some pride in the jersey on Monday!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on ya Stanley!! Fuck yeah Kerrod Hollands dropped.

Unlucky for Lee to be dropped. Yes a lot of points were scored on that edge but it is due to our system, not him. He relies on the inside man (frawley) to make his tackle, which he didnt effectively do on the weekend.
Nor does he ever. Frawleys defense is even worse then brenko.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy with the changes....Brenko is a gun in attack but must learn to defend before returning. Holland is, and always was, an a grade plodder. Fuck I hope Stanley stays injury free. He fuckin deserves and is actually a pretty good player. Hoping Liicha goes off after 20 and doesn't return.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People asked for change. And now Lee gets dropped people whinge. FMD. Yeah he has been awesome in attack. But FMD he's defence along with Holland has been horrible. Personally I wouldn't of dropped him. I would of had him swap sides with Jmoz and have Bmoz outside of him. But whatever. Good to see Stanley and Montoya on that right edge. That backline is a lot better. No speed. But our defence needs to be solid. Lately our right side has leaked numerous points. Roosters and panthers ripped us a new arsehole. I still think Eastwood and Kas need to be dropped. But at least he had made changes. Hopefully we fire up and show some pride in the jersey on Monday!
Fingers crossed they still will be dropped for talau or someone else

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you guys think about brenko coming off the bench for a stint in the backrow??

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id like that better than him at centre tbh
I think he has the speed for centre and long term its his position, but perhaps he would have more support in defense while playing in the back row and he wouldnt need to make as many one on one tackles. Plus he could be pulled after 20 if he starts having lapses in concentration and making bad decisions.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even thou Branko was terrible in defence the last couple of games he did have holland and Frawley inside and out neither can tackle
His defence was good earlier in the year and no issues so I think you have to look at the players around him

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Why is brenko droppped? WHY THE HELL IS BRENKO DROPPED FOR REAL!!!!! WHY IS BRENKO DROPPED TELL ME!!!!11
!!
Coz he can't tackle or take a tackle for shit , the bloke is a headcase , rushing in off the defensive line , or forcing an offload or kick on the 3rd tackle

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one can dispute that brenko has been horrible in defence and makes of many errors but he is our only attacking option. At least have him defend on the wing and play him at centre in attack.

You can justify brenko being dropped for those reasons but you cannot justify kasiano and Eastwood being picked each week.

Kasiano makes more errors and misses more tackles than Lee and only plays a third of the minutes!

And hasnt Chase played like two reserve grade games? Throwing him in when he's underdone off his fifth Acl injury is so neglectful by Hasler that he's just setting Chase up to re-injure himself.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No one can dispute that brenko has been horrible in defence and makes of many errors but he is our only attacking option. At least have him defend on the wing and play him at centre in attack.

You can justify brenko being dropped for those reasons but you cannot justify kasiano and Eastwood being picked each week.

Kasiano makes more errors and misses more tackles than Lee and only plays a third of the minutes!

And hasnt Chase played like two reserve grade games? Throwing him in when he's underdone off his fifth Acl injury is so neglectful by Hasler that he's just setting Chase up to re-injure himself.
The problem with Kas and Eastwood is that there isn't anyone even close to FG standard to replace them. At best you could bring up Saunders and maybe Martin if he is fit, but To'omaga didn't look like he was doing anything last week in the reggies. Next in line is probably Griffin and he couldn't even make the Tigers team. Stanley looked pretty good last week and he is keen.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No holland, lee, Frawley this is great hope east wood kasiano mbye lichaa are next

Status
Not open for further replies.