Ryan Girdler on Triple M talking about Moses Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think that has more to do with him having no pace what so ever for a fullback.
Yes, he's too slow and can't turn and chase. Once someone gets past him they are over the try line.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said Mbye is a runner and should be given a chance at fullback. Isn't an organising half.

Finally someone said it
There's more to being a fullback than being able to run. I also dispute this notion he's a runner. There has been so many times he's had space to run but chose to pass.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It kills me how des cant adapt until a season is over ffs put him at hooker now

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
spot on to the guys who mentioned recruitment this is what is letting us down big time , this is why we are in the position we find ourselves in
honestly 700k to play 7 & he can't organise anything ? wonder who is responsible for this ? I know one thing it wouldn't have happened on bullfrogs watch

N

Natboy

There's more to being a fullback than being able to run. I also dispute this notion he's a runner. There has been so many times he's had space to run but chose to pass.
I guess he's so used to the structures from our dictator

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, he's too slow and can't turn and chase. Once someone gets past him they are over the try line.
Im not a big Mbye fan, he is remarkably overrated, even more so than Anasta back in the day and that's saying something, however, "slow" is one thing he is not.

He's the quickest guy we have, it's just a shame Hasler, a $1M dollar a season coach. has no idea how to utilise him.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not a big Mbye fan, he is remarkably overrated, even more so than Anasta back in the day and that's saying something, however, "slow" is one thing he is not.

He's the quickest guy we have, it's just a shame Hasler, a $1M dollar a season coach. has no idea how to utilise him.
He can't be overrated, because nobody rates him....except the shit **** called Des Hasler.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you are paying someone $750k odd you would think they would have proved themselves in at least one position.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody forces you into structure in a game. I do not buy that excuse.

The fact is Mbye is overhyped, and believed that hype. He's no better than Ben Roberts, Aaron Groom, Arana Taumata, and all those other fringe halves who never reached the lofty heights they should have. He SHOULD be up there with Luke Keary and Shaun Johnston in terms of ability, but constantly fails to fire. I cannot remember his last dominant game where he truly took control and fired up.

Mbye's career will go the same way (as Roberts/Taumata/Groom) unless he pulls his finger out AND FAST!!

What's Hasler going to do if Mbye plays adlib football and what's in front of him?
He won't drop him because he rarely drops players. So why not go rogue ?

Simply put Mbye either lacks the ability, or lacks the focus and nurturing that a player like him needed from a quality halves coach. I cannot figre out which of the two it is.

N

Natboy

That's a cop out
You're entitled to your opinion but did you see Mbye play before he moved into the halves?
His first instinct was to run and he was very good at it.

Even Lichaa used to run at the sharks.
What is the common denominator here?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion but did you see Mbye play before he moved into the halves?
His first instinct was to run and he was very good at it.

Even Lichaa used to run at the sharks.
What is the common denominator here?
Both players have 2 arms, 2 legs, a head, and don't belong in first grade?

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Mbye at hooker can be a Smith in a couple of years time.
Mbye at inside centre would electrify an edge with running to the line with a sharp step and crisp passing.
Mbye at 6 or 7 - frustrating at best.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only reason anyone debates if Mbye would be good in another position is because we are stuck with the useless lump for years to come. I'm not convinced he would be a great hooker, or fullback, or even centre, but he would have to be less crap at one of those positions than he is as a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.