The Silence Is Deafening

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With all of the fan angst about Hasler & Dib reaching fever pitch, and rightly so, as well the media finally questioning Des' reign, why haven't we heard more from ex greats at the club about these issues?

Have they been gagged? Are they scared of Dib? It seems crazy to me that Turvey, Lamb, Peponis and co haven't been more vocal and the media haven't sought their take on the matter.

I'd like to hear from them and to know why they haven't come out and spoken up. To me the reason seems political but if we're ever to overthrow these tyrants we need the voices that carry the greatest weight to offer their opinions, whatever they are.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They probably waiting until season end due to the small chance we go deep into playoffs
Maybe you're right. I'm just very surprised that considering the media circus around the club that they haven't offered their two cents.

Like I said, to me it seems that they're reluctant to talk freely because of what happened the last time Mortimer and Lamb did. In which case that's quite scary that club greats can't speak freely about the teams performance and the direction of the club.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They probably waiting until season end due to the small chance we go deep into playoffs
Yes, and the season will end sooner rather than later. We can't compete against the top teams.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des has his head up his arse and everyone else has been brainwashed . It won't get any better than that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des has his head up his arse and everyone else has been brainwashed . It won't get any better than that
I thought Turvey and Baa had more conviction than that to be honest. Maybe they've been worn down and are sick of fighting a losing battle?

The only one to come out has been Dunn but he has his own agenda with running to be chairman. And I hope he's successful.

I guess Graeme Hughes has been vocal also but that's his role as a radio show host.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a rumour about a group of "old boys" getting together with the aim of taking on Dib and his cronies at the next AGM vote. Dib himself mentioned it briefly in one of his radio interviews. So I would say these club legends are keeping their cards close to their chest until closer to voting day.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It will have to get much worse for it to get better, that's why.

The myth has been re-signed for 2 years. Whoever comes in will have a mandate to axe him and that will mean paying out a multi million dollar contract which won't look good on the books. Of course, all will be forgotten if we get immediate results, but looking at our roster someone coming in would want to rebuild, Newcastle style, so more lean years ahead.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They are most likely trying not to turn us into a circus like the tigers or the eels. What are they going to achieve talking to the media? It's not like dib is going to pick up the paper and go oh look, turvey the guy i stabbed in the back and got him kicked out just said we should do X, yep i'm going to listen to him now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was a rumour about a group of "old boys" getting together with the aim of taking on Dib and his cronies at the next AGM vote. Dib himself mentioned it briefly in one of his radio interviews. So I would say these club legends are keeping their cards close to their chest until closer to voting day.
That makes sense and one can only hope that is the case. Although at the same time that hasn't stopped Dunn attacking Dib and Hasler. Or do you think he's flying solo and the others will chime in closer to the election?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Or maybe.. just maybe .. they are happy with things.

Rebel tickets never work. The board have changed membership criteria, and stacked the membership with enough family/friends/business associates to ensure that anyone who runs against them is quickly disposed of.

Happened to Dunn once already. Will happen again as well.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Rebel tickets never work. The board have changed membership criteria, and stacked the membership with enough family/friends/business associates to ensure that anyone who runs against them is quickly disposed of.

Logically, Turvey is heading up the club alumni which is getting off the ground in the next few weeks. Baa is employed by the club as an ambassador, Ward is a member of the leagues club board and therefore tied to the football club, Peponis is the chair of the leagues club isn't he so he's not going to get publicly involved. The bottom line is there are plenty of ex players involved at leagues club and footy club level and they are party to the re-signing of Des so why would they come out and criticise him publicly. Even Turvey and Baa's dabble was really only at the fringes.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

spot no I cant believe theirs only 1000 voting members I bet their squeezing out new members like me I have ask them twice last year and the beginning of the year for a voting member form but they totally ignore me .I will ring again on Monday which will be the last straw before I personally go down myself and pick it up from belmore I'm assuming from their .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With all of the fan angst about Hasler & Dib reaching fever pitch, and rightly so, as well the media finally questioning Des' reign, why haven't we heard more from ex greats at the club about these issues?

Have they been gagged? Are they scared of Dib? It seems crazy to me that Turvey, Lamb, Peponis and co haven't been more vocal and the media haven't sought their take on the matter.

I'd like to hear from them and to know why they haven't come out and spoken up. To me the reason seems political but if we're ever to overthrow these tyrants we need the voices that carry the greatest weight to offer their opinions, whatever they are.
The season is far from over mate.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps they don't want to create more of a circus than is already surrounding the club than the vocal portion of fans are already creating.

Reactions: DT

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Moaning about Des is pretty pointless, he has a fresh contract and isn't going anywhere, so the most that can be achieved complaining about it from ex players would be to cause further disruption to the club.

Similar with Dib really, having a sook to the media isn't the least bit useful. If any of those guys feel things aren't good and they could do better, then come the next board election they should throw their names in the mix.

I'd like to continue to not hear from them on these issues, they are more put up or shut up issues (not here, debating all points Bulldogs is the point here, I mean from those guys in a more official capacity), talking via the media about them outside the times that anything can actually be done about it can't achieve anything good.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Moaning about Des is pretty pointless, he has a fresh contract and isn't going anywhere, so the most that can be achieved complaining about it from ex players would be to cause further disruption to the club.

Similar with Dib really, having a sook to the media isn't the least bit useful. If any of those guys feel things aren't good and they could do better, then come the next board election they should throw their names in the mix.

I'd like to continue to not hear from them on these issues, they are more put up or shut up issues (not here, debating all points Bulldogs is the point here, I mean from those guys in a more official capacity), talking via the media about them outside the times that anything can actually be done about it can't achieve anything good.
Good moaning alright! Never too early for the Kennel ayec! [emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.