Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopoate is better

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was terrible. People saying he will get better, he's played very few games etc look at how well Dylan Edwards went last week against us at FB. Hes only played a handful of games and shits on Abbey
Anyone with any pace looks good against us because we lack it.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep Abbey hasn't cut it. We have given him enough time to develop and he hasn't done that. I think he is on $300k plus too which can be spent elsewhere
If we gave Abbey the amount of time we have given Mbye, perhaps we might see some light at the end of the tunnel..I don't know, but what I do know is that we are giving guys like Lichaa, Mbye, Holland all the time in the world and they have not repaid the faith

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Needs another year. He was never meant to debut this year but injuries forced our hand.

I believe this is probably why Kennar and Stanley were kept (as backups for first grade).

He shows some decent ability and reads play well, but needs to fine tune every aspect of his game in NSW Cup. I have no doubt though he will play NRL in future with a club.

ALSO Josh Bergamin is another bloke to keep an eye on for the #1 spot, albeit probably a bit longer away from debut than Abbey. Bergs reminds me of Luke Patten with how he plays.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the season to blood him. It's not like we're going to give anything a shake. Definitely not in top 8. He'll go elsewhere now we re signed Hoppa. Sad really

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep Abbey hasn't cut it. We have given him enough time to develop and he hasn't done that. I think he is on $300k plus too which can be spent elsewhere
WTF!!! Seriously 300k??? He's garbage

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Abbey needs more time in NSW Cup, he's still young, he'll only be 21 next season....... having had some time in FG now, and given a solid season of NSW Cup, I'd expect he either makes it or doesn't next season, not so much this season.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a no from me
Abbey is far from ready

But
This year is fucked already anyway
Why not give him game time if it will help his development

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thought Brad Abbey was starting to play some good football just before Hoppa came back.

Should we come up short V Dragons, is it out of the question to give him some more opportunities in the #1 and shift Hoppa to the centres or wing? Think Abbey can play at 5/8 also?

He brings a different dimension and has some pace and elusiveness.
Should go to a Melbourne game and watch slater from behind for positional play and put on a few kgs for post contact mts
Definitely improved since last year still only 20

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was terrible at the back , needs another year in.NSW cup. Would love to see Hoppa at right center though...
Agree needs this year in nsw cup
He's at least had a taste of first grade so knows what to expect

Needs bit more size

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if Abbey will ever be the fullback we want and need. We should be doing better at finding genuine talent

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The good back of field players are quick and run hard whether the defence is behind them or in front of them - Abbey only runs hard when the defence is behind him. Against Canberra Hopoate ran hard before the line and had his best game since being at the dogs. Montoya does it, Holmes does it Nofaluma does it Feki does it - Holland and Abbey don't which is one reason they are not first grade quality atm.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Brad Abbey
2. Marcelo Montoya
3. Josh Morris
4. Brenko Lee
5. Brett Morris
6. BROWN, Fa'amanu
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Moses Mybe
10. Aaron Woods
11. Josh Jackson
12. Adam Elliot
13. Renouf To Omaga
14. Francis Tulou
15. Aiden Tolman
16. RFM
17. Josh cleeland

And one last thing I dont give a fuck if we win 5 games in a row because the same fucking shit will happen next year. FUCK YOU DES HASLER1

Reactions: CCC

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was starting to back up through the middle and make some ground but wasn't that safe under the high ball and was terrible at reading the game in defence. He can learn those things hopefully. He needs to put on some muscle too.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Brad Abbey
2. Marcelo Montoya
3. Josh Morris
4. Brenko Lee
5. Brett Morris
6. BROWN, Fa'amanu
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Moses Mybe
10. Aaron Woods
11. Josh Jackson
12. Adam Elliot
13. Renouf To Omaga
14. Francis Tulou
15. Aiden Tolman
16. RFM
17. Josh cleeland

And one last thing I dont give a fuck if we win 5 games in a row because the same fucking shit will happen next year. FUCK YOU DES HASLER1
Looks good. I'd make one change - put Jacko at lock where he was fucking awesome for NSW in the first 25 mins (even though he was picked as 2nd row). Why was he replaced? He'd tighten up the middle for us like a vice. I'd put RFM on the edge.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Abbey has got a cult following for some reason, no matter what the guy does or doesn't do he is a God for some people!

ABBEY IS SHIT! He isn't a NSW cup fullback standard let alone first grade!! He will not be some saviour.

Malla

Reaction score
He isn't ready to play first grade week in week out, but I did like his potential from what I saw from him to begin the year. He does a lot that Hoppa doesnt - ie. supports at the line, his lateral movement and his play making ability BUT he does go missing at the latter end of the halves and I think that's just down to the fact he isn't ready for first grade mentally.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He isn't ready to play first grade week in week out, but I did like his potential from what I saw from him to begin the year. He does a lot that Hoppa doesnt - ie. supports at the line, his lateral movement and his play making ability BUT he does go missing at the latter end of the halves and I think that's just down to the fact he isn't ready for first grade mentally.
You and I are watching 2 different blokes. the only line Abbey joins is the checkout at coles. He doesn't display the ticker to break a tackle and he just looks slow when he runs. I saw him again at ANZ last week and nothing has changed. Even when he had 30m to get to the opposition he just ran up and took the tackle. No step, no force, just let them tackle him. Hoppa is quicker, has a better step, offloads and passes better and makes the tough yards out of DH. Twice I watched Abbey just stand there while a forward hitting the ball up was looking to get an offload away and he was just standing there 5 metres away not even interested.

Malla

Reaction score
You and I are watching 2 different blokes. the only line Abbey joins is the checkout at coles. He doesn't display the ticker to break a tackle and he just looks slow when he runs. I saw him again at ANZ last week and nothing has changed. Even when he had 30m to get to the opposition he just ran up and took the tackle. No step, no force, just let them tackle him. Hoppa is quicker, has a better step, offloads and passes better and makes the tough yards out of DH. Twice I watched Abbey just stand there while a forward hitting the ball up was looking to get an offload away and he was just standing there 5 metres away not even interested.
K

Status
Not open for further replies.