Brad Abbey

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thought Brad Abbey was starting to play some good football just before Hoppa came back.

Should we come up short V Dragons, is it out of the question to give him some more opportunities in the #1 and shift Hoppa to the centres or wing? Think Abbey can play at 5/8 also?

He brings a different dimension and has some pace and elusiveness.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was terrible at the back , needs another year in.NSW cup. Would love to see Hoppa at right center though...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good player, not yet ready mentally as evident in the 3 or 4 games he played. He will be better for the experience and should slot in nicely in a year or so if we persist with him.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The other thing with him is that he's not a small guy, still young so he will add on some lean kg's naturally over time, a good sized frame for FB.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if he won't be factored into our plans with Hoppa being re-signed. Thinking he may be punted before we actually see what he can become. Guess we will see what happens.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think you should worry about Brad Abbey. He wont get a go while ever Supercoach is here, and he will be signed by another club. Just another wasted talent.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not very high on abbey but when this season does become dead (likely very soon ) we do need to start trialing a few things to see what are legitimate options in 2018

EG:

Abbey @ fullback
Mbye @ fullback & hooker
Hoppa @ right centre
someone fresh in the halves as possible foz partner

with woods coming in, kasiano and likely eastwood going out, we need to find out who fills the last 1-2 bench spot, so hopefully find out a bit more about guys like tualau, fine and RFM

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No chance.

We just resigned Hoppa so he is our fullback for the next few years under des.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With this season basically a write off, I'm happy to see abbey develop at the back.
Hopefully by next season, he's the answer to our fb woes.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think you should worry about Brad Abbey. He wont get a go while ever Supercoach is here, and he will be signed by another club. Just another wasted talent.
I'm not seeing any of this talent you are talking about. I watched him last week and he did nothing. He is not FG standard for anything let alone the spine. Even against second graders he just ran up to the opposition and got tackled. No step, no speed. Just a plodder who adds an extra person to the backline in attack.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Abbey is one of the shittest juniors to pull on a dogs jersey. He isnt fit for Nsw cup let alone first grade.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd give him another full year (2018) in NSW cup to develop (physically and mentally), and then give him another shot in first grade in 2019 when the Morris bros are gone. Thats when they are gone, right?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Abbey hasn't been very good in NSW Cup for the last 18 mnths - not heard from anyone who regularly watches NSW cup who is too impressed. Ive watched most games - he occasionally gets involved in a good play but most other clubs second tier fullbacks seem better all round players.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Useless. He isn't any faster than Hoppa either. Good ball skills but what Stacey Jones said about him is bang on the money "soft".

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For a Somoan boy is lacks a good build... to small and lanky for first grade and you need size these days

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's listed as 6 foot tall and 90kgs. Maybe he needs to fill out a bit with muscle but I don't think size is his issue...

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was terrible. People saying he will get better, he's played very few games etc look at how well Dylan Edwards went last week against us at FB. Hes only played a handful of games and shits on Abbey

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep Abbey hasn't cut it. We have given him enough time to develop and he hasn't done that. I think he is on $300k plus too which can be spent elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.