Brad Abbey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Abbey has got a cult following for some reason, no matter what the guy does or doesn't do he is a God for some people!

ABBEY IS SHIT! He isn't a NSW cup fullback standard let alone first grade!! He will not be some saviour.
I know!!!!
Not even close to first grade.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As our Messiah (believe it or not that's Des) has been signed on until the end of 2019 Hoppa will always be our fullback.

As far as centres go Brenko Lee is our best attacking option by far. So the burning question is: "Can any one in our Messiah appointed coaching staff, or even the Messiah himself, teach Brenko the rudiments of get up and knock the bastard arse over head before he starts running without leaving a hole in the defence line. With Montoya on the wing and Brenko's defence is okay that's our right side looking good.

The reason I've left Chase Stanley out of negotiations is that I think the poor bloke is still an injury waiting to happen. Personally I reckon he is one of our best centre/ winger options. BUT... Although his football brain is in terrific form his body is just a totally rooted unit.

Now on the left side there's JMoz. If JMoz was a motor car his owner would never take him on to a dirt road. All his suspension is ready to go kaput. So I reckon its hang the boots up soon for the JMoz. So if that is the case I reckon that Marvellous Moses our $800K a season man will be our left centre. Just personally, I think he'd do a real good job there, after all with the money the Messiah is paying him he has to fit in some where. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Last edited:

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
As our Messiah (believe it or not that's Des) has been signed on until the end of 2019 Hoppa will always be our fullback.

As far as centres go Brenko Lee is our best attacking option by far. So the burning question is: "Can any one in our Messiah appointed coaching staff, or even the Messiah himself, teach Brenko the rudiments of get up and knock the bastard arse over head before he starts running without leaving a hole in the defence line. With Montoya on the wing and Brenko's defence is okay that's our right side looking good.

The reason I've left Chase Stanley out of negotiations is that I think the poor bloke is still an injury waiting to happen. Personally I reckon he is one of our best centre/ winger options. BUT... Although his football brain is in terrific form his body is just a totally rooted unit.

Now on the left side there's JMoz. If JMoz was a motor car his owner would never take him on to a dirt road. All his suspension is all ready to go kaput. So I reckon its hang the boots up soon for the JMoz. So if that is the case I reckon that Marvellous Moses our $800K a season man will be our left centre. Just personally, I think he'd do a real good job there, after all with the money the Messiah is paying him he has to fit in some where. :grinning::grinning::grinning:
I reckon Moses at centre will be a speed hump. Definitely not the answer.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye might be suited at centre. He can tackle OK and he has speed.
He is not a creative thinker and that would suit life in the centres.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
G'day Gabs, I thought Moses would be a good fit at left centre. As I see it, what he has going for him is he is a running back, he can throw a pass, he is fast, he can tackle and he also prefers the left side.

Believe me I'm not trying to pick a blue with you, I'm just wondering why you say he would be a "speed hump" there.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If abby is on 300k my vote is no , use the coin to get a f/b with the X factor that we need

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abbey has got a cult following for some reason, no matter what the guy does or doesn't do he is a God for some people!

ABBEY IS SHIT! He isn't a NSW cup fullback standard let alone first grade!! He will not be some saviour.
The theme of the thread was based on Abbey potentially getting some game time in the event we continue on a path to nowhere this year but yeah, obviously you think not investing in the development of young players is worth anything.
Hoppa is not a match winner, he's a safe fullback who simply does his job, nothing more, nothing less. His best position is centre or wing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The theme of the thread was based on Abbey potentially getting some game time in the event we continue on a path to nowhere this year but yeah, obviously you think not investing in the development of young players is worth anything.
Hoppa is not a match winner, he's a safe fullback who simply does his job, nothing more, nothing less. His best position is centre or wing.
I'm all for player development but they have to show something to be developed and this kid isn't. He plays just above a park footballer in intensity. Now if you want to develop someone get that giant Okunbar out of the 20's and give him a shot. There's a kid with enormous size, speed and good hands. Much better investment than Abbey who is 10 rungs below Hoppa, a genuine good quality first grader.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought Brad Abbey was starting to play some good football just before Hoppa came back.

Should we come up short V Dragons, is it out of the question to give him some more opportunities in the #1 and shift Hoppa to the centres or wing? Think Abbey can play at 5/8 also?

He brings a different dimension and has some pace and elusiveness.
Actually he was getting worse. In saying that I still think he can eventually make. He just has a lot to learn.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whys that? The games hes played at 9 hes defended very well and at centre hed probably get less traffic from second rowers. Overall id say hes a pretty good defender

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What is it about Abbey that has got all these groupies in a flap over him

What part of his game looks promising enough to make you all think he deserved a run in first grade

The guy currently is fucking shit, plain and simple

Will he one day be good

Fuck knows
But right now, he is barely keeping up with NSW cup

Abbey in NRL anytime soon

It's a no from me

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont think abbey is terrible, just green, but as long as hes not better than who we have in fg, he wont play fg. Hes def not better than hopoate. He may develop and go elsewhere if hopoate nails down the fb role.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think abbey is terrible, just green, but as long as hes not better than who we have in fg, he wont play fg. Hes def not better than hopoate. He may develop and go elsewhere if hopoate nails down the fb role.
Such is life

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Abby killed it today at Fullback , Definitely deserves another crack next year once he puts on a few more kgs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
hahah interesting reading this pages comments ... he killed it today in NSW Cup against the 4th placed Dragons.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol at people judging a player in NSW Cup like it means anything when we've already seen how crap he is at NRL level

Status
Not open for further replies.