Similarities to 2004 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can’t help but see some similarities between our 2004 team and our team this year.

Granted the skill level and player ability is not on par but in both years young pups stood up ran hard tackled harder and smashed their opposition

Good signs for the coming future

Excited all the way

Lachlan Lewis will be an absolute super star

Thoughts?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see it. The current squad isn't worthy of being a pimple on the ass of the 2004 squad.

The younger guys in the team though, if they all step up next year, then next years squad maybe (but that would still be a big ask).

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol yes was a good win. But please. That 04 team will never be matched IMO.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can’t help but see some similarities between our 2004 team and our team this year.

Granted the skill level and player ability is not on par but in both years young pups stood up ran hard tackled harder and smashed their opposition

Excited all the way

Thoughts?
There's enough there to give us real hope for next season, not just imaginary.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah yeah na absolutely not 04 team was something special with blokes like asotasi sbw and Thurston on the bench nate Myles coming through the ranks that side was one tough side
Let me add I was talking to a millennial the other day and Explained how fucking good that side was and who we had he thought I was full of shit

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not 04, not even close to be honest lol, but we are building a nice team an unleashing some unknown talent which is all we could hope for an be proud to watch.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There'll never be another 2004 team. Every era is different, 1995 was a great team too in different ways.

Hopefully this group can make their own name/history.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2004 team would never fit under a cap these days lol yea say no more

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Excited all the way

Thoughts?

2004 team TBH should of won 2-3 more premierships given the side that is had on paper it was a team full of champions that under delivered more often than not...

Pay is building a champion side as opposed to champion players compare this side more to that of 90’s 93,94,95 TBH this team could become anything there is not a limit

Downhill Skier

Waterboy
Reaction score
I will be interested to see how Lewis goes next year, he has looked the goods but it is mainly due to his kicking game . I have not seen a lot of creativity in his game asof yet but hopefully that improves over time as he plays more games. I still don't really rate our roster as a finals chance next year but the more games we get into our youngsters and the more potential they show the better chance we have of landing a big fish IMO.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The future looks bright with this team but the 2004 team would put 13+ on them.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This current squad and maybe 1 or 2 key recruits will transform it for a special one. But definitely 2004 team is a dream team, its was on another realm, would have won few more premierships .

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way.. we had Asotasi SBW Thurston Hughes off the bench and Shifty/Braith in the halves

The difference is massive..

Their is also a big difference in winning 4 out of last 5 games and winning a comp

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Downhill Skier, you must be suffering concussion from trees brushed on the slopes. Lewis is the best prospect I have seen since Thurston. Watch what he does in defence. He has caused trouble and turnovers aplenty. He attacks in defence as well as when the dogs have the ball. I trust the dope in the club who assessed him and advised him he could look elsewhere, has been duly sacked.

Malla

Reaction score
Our 2004 team had probably the best forward pack in the history of rugby league.

This current team has the potential to have a better back line, but thats still way off.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our 04 team had 2 potential GOAT's sitting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.