Montoya v Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great kid. Really happy to see someone with ability given a shot in our team.

Our defence was much better without brenko lee.
Not to mention his poor handling, last week was a joke the number of times he turned the ball over.

Reactions: DT

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He'll still need time to develop, but his break through into FG has been pretty impressive, he looks very comfortable out there, he did in his first game even which is pretty impressive.

Hope he keeps learning and developing and does great out there, he's been a positive in a bit of a negative season so far for me.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great kid. Really happy to see someone with ability given a shot in our team.

Not to mention his poor handling, last week was a joke the number of times he turned the ball over.
Can't blame brenko for being brenko though it's des' fault he kept picking him. All brenko attacking feats were tarnished by the amount of fuck ups in defence and basic basic errors.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His smartest play was his turn and chase on the chip for Nightingale. As soon as he saw the kick was coming he just turned and bolted back to be in a position to make a play at Nightingale. Natural winger.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No contest, Montoya over dud Holland any day of the week.

Our MVP today. Good to see a player with explosive speed for a change

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
This game alone proves that Montoya needs to be in this side over Holland.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Holland has been getting over the line... but it's mainly been the inside man doing all the work. He'll only ever be a Mitch Brown/Brett Lane/Jono Wright sort of player it seems. Average but not brilliant.

Reimis Smith heading that way too is seems (along with Tyrone Phillips).

Montoya has always looked good coming through the grades, but his debut came far earlier than I expected. He's such a quiet and humble bloke. Over the moon that he is developing into a fine NRL player who will have a lengthy and very successful career.

If he keeps going well this year he could be a smokey for Rookie of the Year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good thing Des kept dropping him for Holland.

Thankfully he finally picked Montoya again, who has been impressive all season and should never have been dropped.

Today was his best game in first grade and for me he and Adam Elliot were the only positives to come out of the game today as it's about time some juniors got given a chance.

Now just drop kasiano and Eastwood while you're at it!
Fuck me dead, your hard to please!!!! So many obvious positives from todays win!!

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montaya has been great in the few games that he played in this year. Daylights ahead of Holland who has had more opportunities to cement his spot but has failed.to do so.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Montoya has been a revelation. So much better than Holland.

Should not be dropped again!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He catches a high ball better than anyone I've seen in the NRL. He wouldn't look out of place in the AFL, he catches so damn well and cleanly!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Montoya by miles, faster, dynamic and brilliant at defusing kicks in goal

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
PS Montoya has the fastest top speed in the club.

Reactions: GDR

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate he has played that good in almost every game he has played, where as holland has showed nothing since last year. I was surprised you put them on the same level.
Agree, many of us on here have been calling this out since the early rounds. Montoya gives us more speed, strength and size and his work coming out of our own 20m is fantastic, he gets busy and goes flat-stick every carry. Very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.