Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Doubt the club would be giving up on Lee, he's had some of the teams better touches in attack this year, but he gets in the wrong position constantly and makes some pretty basic bad decisions, the areas he is lacking in look to me to be just as easily resolved in NSW cup....... I can't think of any great reasons to run him in FG and just chalking up the few key mistakes and try or two he will let in from the outset, now he has the motivation to address his main issues and earn a spot back.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Brenko is the only one who can create something out of nothing.
Stanley is just as bad if not worse than Brenko in defense..
Thats a lie , take that back. No one is worse that lee. He doesn't miss tackles he just lays the red carpet out and points the way

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every top team has wingers who make metres and power runs when bringing the ball off their goal line

Holland 4 hitups 14 metres

He was never first grade standard ffs
Every time I see him making a run it's just sad... he's so small he gets fucking wrecked every time lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every top team has wingers who make metres and power runs when bringing the ball off their goal line

Holland 4 hitups 14 metres

He was never first grade standard ffs
Watch out. When I said that at the start of the year I was bagged out and death threatened because apparently he had an "amazing" game in the trial vs storm :tearsofjoy:

But in all honesty we are a team of reserve graders.

Our fullback is a centre
The Morris boys or ok
Lee, holland, Montoya aren't established first graders
Reynolds isn't a typical half
Mbye doesn't even know what he is
Garvey/lichaa have been reserve quality
Fualalo had potential but is still young
Eastwood is past it and gets found out playing second row

Thank god for Elliot. Definitely the find of the year for us.

We need a lot of quality to fill in the gaps we have.

If Stanley gets through uninjured (big if) he is a solid back. Crunching defender and has some ball skills. And is a powerful runner. Probably lost all his speed after all his acl surgeries but once upon a time was considered a decent player. And atleast you know with him he will give it his all. Lost week I saw no heart in our team. Hopefully Stanley can show these guys they have it good.

Reactions: DT

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The inevitable comments or 2 about Stanley prone to injuries are as predictable as Tolman 4th tackle hit ups

The flip side is the determination, perseverance and commitment to keep getting off the canvas and return at the highest level

That's the narrative

Congrats Chase, break a leg next Monday (not literally) [emoji23]

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brenko Lee dropped for a centre who is made out of rice paper, it would have been good to see Lee set up some opportunities for Montoya to use his speed.

Lichaa is barely a Ron Massey Cup player and he is the worst hooker in the NRL right now, only reason why he is still in the team is he is on 600k this year

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll the way Des thinks, dropping Holland is a good tactical strategy because why have him in the team to kick goals if we can't score anyway lol

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thats a lie , take that back. No one is worse that lee. He doesn't miss tackles he just lays the red carpet out and points the way

Where as Stanley holds the fake arm out and gives them the Hi5 while they stroll past him...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doubt the club would be giving up on Lee, he's had some of the teams better touches in attack this year, but he gets in the wrong position constantly and makes some pretty basic bad decisions, the areas he is lacking in look to me to be just as easily resolved in NSW cup....... I can't think of any great reasons to run him in FG and just chalking up the few key mistakes and try or two he will let in from the outset, now he has the motivation to address his main issues and earn a spot back.
Fat **** 1 and fat **** 2 should be dropped before him.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baby steps guys, made some good changes this week hopefully the rest of the plonkers know its time to shape or get dropped as well when was the last time he actually dropped someone, trex? If eastwood and kasiano had been dropped we would be looking at our best fieldable team, not sure if RFM is still injured or not. One may have been lucky not to get dropped this week already.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland just re-signed for 3 years and now they will try to offload him.

Peter Tunks mentioned on talkback this arvo that the only reason Holland was re-signed, was that he is the only goal kicker at the club. FMD

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Holland just re-signed for 3 years and now they will try to offload him.

Peter Tunks mentioned on talkback this arvo that the only reason Holland was re-signed, was that he is the only goal kicker at the club. FMD
When did we resigned him? It's not confirmed yet.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Should be more like

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Lee
4. Jmoz
5. Stanley
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley
8. Tolmam
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Graham

14. Fualalo
15. Tualau
16. To'omaga/Fine
17. Garvey

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The problem with Kas and Eastwood is that there isn't anyone even close to FG standard to replace them. At best you could bring up Saunders and maybe Martin if he is fit, but To'omaga didn't look like he was doing anything last week in the reggies. Next in line is probably Griffin and he couldn't even make the Tigers team. Stanley looked pretty good last week and he is keen.
I'm going to be honest I haven't followed reserves and 20's in years so I don't know who is ready and who isn't but all I know is that kasiano is taking the piss and his form deserves a drop to reserves.

At this point I'd rather we blood as many youngsters whether they're ready or not to see who is up to it and who needs more development. Not that our club develops youngsters...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lee is responsible for 1/3 of our tries this year and he gets dropped, fucken lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.