Nathan Peats vs Rockstar fullback

Should Nathan Peats be our next target or are we better off going for the elusive Rockstar Fullback?

• Yes, let's go for Peatsy!!

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • No, we need a "Rockstar" fullback!!

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ffs imagine lol.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need both......Peats and Hayne and what I am hearing this may be the case!!
Could you imagine the press if this ever happened? Massive player shedding to accomplish this; Bulldogs four take the competition by storm. ( these two , Woods and Foran)

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm living in the past when I say forwards win matches.

When we look at who we've got in our forward roster and how they're performing it would go a long way to back up my opening statement.

Lichaa - Fail
Eastwood - Fat unfit and fail
Kasiano - Fat unfit and fail (this guy could be anything but he's happy sliding to the bottom)
Jackson - One of the best in the NRL
Klemmer - Has lost almost everything at club level - A Desball casualty
Graham - Will be 32 years old around grand Final time but still gives it his best shot
Tolman - Will tackle all day and has improved his hit ups. As gutsy as they come.
Faitala-Mariner - Why he never even gets a bench spot is beyond me. Has a lot of attackingpotential
Elliott - A real up and comer. Will be one of the Bulldogs best IMO.

I've come up with nine forwards here and five of them don't or can't play up to first grade standard. Nathan Peats is now rated as Origin standard hooker. So I reckon we should put a very attractive package to him. And the hooker/ dummy half is the one who triggers our attack from every play the ball, and we badly need one who can reignite our go forward.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can this poll be edited to include the current options, but also include a unicorn and a leprechaun? I imagine we're equally as likely to sign one of those for next season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, search for a FB. Throw Mbye into hooker, Foran in the halves next to either Lewis, Keighran or Frawley.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fullback all day. Peats is way to injury prone and over hyped. Corey Hughes was way better than Peats. NSW has average options for number 9s at the moment, only reason he got selected.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rockstar fullback anyone but Hayne - the ego must be avoided at all costs. His heart is with Parra and he will make a mockery of this club.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wont get either so no point talking about it. Peats after too much money, all rock star fullbacks IMO wont leave their current clubs. Case closed

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We wont get either so no point talking about it. Peats after too much money, all rock star fullbacks IMO wont leave their current clubs. Case closed
There's always guys like Kurt Babtiste, Mitch Rein, Cameron King, Glen Buttris, Savila Havili who are all decent hookers not commanding big coin and would do a job if we're tight on cap space.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think Foran fixes both organising half and hooker problem

With Foran calling the shots the hooker only needs to follow his instructions

So fullback more important than hooker now
Agree. If the dogs buy someone like Roger Tuivasa Sheck and keep Lichaa at Hooker for one more year (who just defends) = you have a premiership. By comparison, Will Hopoate at Fullback and Nathan Peats at Hooker only suggests top 4

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Take a look at all the best hookers. They are smart... tough... niggly... hard... quick... even plain dirty. Liccha and even mbye are neither of these traits. Would love peats but cant see us really signing anything in the near future.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true. Peats wants way too much. I think Lichaa being moved on is priority one and perhaps replacing him with Garvey. This is more probable

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree. If the dogs buy someone like Roger Tuivasa Sheck and keep Lichaa at Hooker for one more year (who just defends) = you have a premiership. By comparison, Will Hopoate at Fullback and Nathan Peats at Hooker only suggests top 4
Warriors thought RTS and Luke would get them to a Premiership too and it hasn't worked out for them..

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peats easy, then try Mbye at fullback.
Maybe Klemmer starts over Fifita, then we would have the NSW front row;
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
+
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Carter