News SBW was meeting Bulldogs players when terror attack broke, Canterbury Bulldogs, Christchurch

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they saw the stupid amounts of money others were being offered by SL, and so they took an offer from the ARL that would match.

It wasn't a Canterbury/Parramatta thing but a SL/ARL thing in the end.

Dymock, Pay and Smith will always be Bulldogs, and premiership winning ones. McCracken will always be an arsehole.
Whilst I respect your opinion as a fellow passionate Bulldogs fan, I must disagree on the loyalty they showed us.
Anyway, we have bigger concerns right now present day.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were casualties of the Super League war. What Sonny did was all on him.
LOLLLLL blaming the super league for their defections ... they left for the same reason SBW left and that is they were all offered a lot more money by NRL and Parramatta.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's all about SBW, always has been always will be.

He couldn't just go home and be with his family, he had to make a video and tell the world.
Are you serious ? he addressed his insta followers and spoke of his sadness from the massacre that occurred. How is his video even a topic of conversation ffs

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
LOLLLLL blaming the super league for their defections ... they left for the same reason SBW left and that is they were all offered a lot more money by NRL and Parramatta.
If the club doesn't stay loyal to the game, why should the player stay loyal to the club?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you serious ? he addressed his insta followers and spoke of his sadness from the massacre that occurred. How is his video even a topic of conversation ffs
His followers. That's the problems with the world, too many sheep.

I get you idolize the guy but don't expect everyone to share your opinion.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If the club doesn't stay loyal to the game, why should the player stay loyal to the club?
The club done what is best for the club. The arl can blame themselves for the superleague. They sold the game short and administrators were on the take from packer.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Respect to sbw for his emotions but seriously why the fuck the club has to call him to hand out jerseys? What is next ? Ben barba as our fullback coach and willie mason as a mentor for our young forwards ?

This cub is fast becoming a very unfunny joke .

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know the story is a much bigger topic, but, who's stupid idea was it to have the guy who jumped on a plane and left the club mid season come and hand jerseys to the new guys?

I'm over the whole SBW thing, but hearing this has to be one of the dumbest Bulldogs related things I've heard in years, and they have done A LOT of dumb things in the last few. I'd call for people to be fired, but we'd only replace these idiots with even worse ones, so, whatever.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Season turned sour so quickly... seeing Price in the Warriors shirt and then finding out this cock smoker was going to present the jerseys...
The video we saw of the players presenting the jerseys was far better.... so how in the hell does the club even think the former would have been the better way to go. Shit like this is not ok...

Last edited:

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the names DEAN PAY, JASON SMITH, JARRYD MCKRACKEN, JYM DYMMOCK bring back memories too or do we pick and choose who we label traitors ..
That was different and I'm not going to get into a debate about with you cannot be fucked.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very easily the most skilled player to ever put on a dogs jersey in his prime.

The great one is both humble and respectful. The players who received those jerseys should cherish them forever.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine the message he will give to the new recruits while handing out the jersey

“ stay loyal to your club, put in your 100%, never betray your fans, never walk out on your contract ..... and don’t do what I did”

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was different and I'm not going to get into a debate about with you cannot be fucked.
LOLLL @ different ... bottom line is they all left for more money and didn't think twice about the club, its fans or the ramifications.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Do the names DEAN PAY, JASON SMITH, JARRYD MCKRACKEN, JYM DYMMOCK bring back memories too or do we pick and choose who we label traitors ..
The club turned its back on the ARL for Murdoch money. So who was the bigger money hungry fuck out off all..The club for being money hungry OR players for being money hungry.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club turned its back on the ARL for Murdoch money. So who was the bigger money hungry fuck out off all..The club for being money hungry OR players for being money hungry.
So both the club and the players in question are all fucked ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So both the club and the players in question are all fucked ?
Yeah both are fucked, but as fans our loyalty is with the club not players. We want the club to win premierships and bask in glory and we don’t really give a shit about the players who can swap sides when ever they want ... us fans can’t .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ARL only had plans for us being in a merger with the Magpies it was more then just being money hungry. It was the best thing the club ever did and ensured our survival.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOLLL @ different ... bottom line is they all left for more money and didn't think twice about the club, its fans or the ramifications.
There was meant to be this >>:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: in my previous post after im not getting into a debate about it.