News SBW was meeting Bulldogs players when terror attack broke, Canterbury Bulldogs, Christchurch

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams was on his way to meet Bulldogs players when terror attack in Christchurch broke

Former Bulldog Sonny Bill Williams was reportedly on his way to meet with Canterbury players when news broke of the terrorist act in Christchurch.

According to News Corp, Williams was on his way to meet with the Bulldogs players to hand out jerseys to the debutants before the massive loss to the Warriors on Saturday.

However after his emotional Instagram post, Williams chose to head home, telling his former club he was too distraught.

“It was such a tragic and emotional event and everyone understood the need for Sonny to be with his family,” said Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill.

“Our players are no different to anyone else,” Hill said.

“It’s extremely sad and we’re all horrified.

“The club’s thoughts are with the people of Christchurch.

“We have a few players of New Zealand heritage who are feeling it most. We’re just supporting each other.”

Sonny Bill Williams was overcome with emotion after the terror attack in Christchurch.
Sonny Bill Williams was overcome with emotion after the terror attack in Christchurch.
Williams is the first Muslim player to represent the All Blacks and found it hard to comprehend the atrocity.

“I’m just deeply saddened, saddened that this would happen in New Zealand,” he said in his video message.

“I just heard the news and I couldn’t put into words how I’m feeling right now.”

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once a bulldog, always a bulldog. Good to have the Big guy on mutual respectful terms.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the fuck was this money hungry turn coat who abandoned us mid season with no warning handing out jerseys to our new players? He should have nothing to do with our club ever again.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck money bill alright!! Keep away from our club, bulldog turned rorter traitor!!!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He turned his back on our club and his teammates mid season, walking out even though he had a 5 year contract.
This guy should not be anywhere near our club. Whose bright idea was it to have this turncoat hand out jerseys to our players?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Do the names DEAN PAY, JASON SMITH, JARRYD MCKRACKEN, JYM DYMMOCK bring back memories too or do we pick and choose who we label traitors ..
They were casualties of the Super League war. What Sonny did was all on him.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No one made them leave the Bulldogs. And for the record, FUCK S$W , keep that ct away from our club
They rebelled against Super League and stayed loyal to the ARL really. The club should never have gone along with the mercenary competition in the first place. It was reckless.

I didn't watch the footy whatsover when it was divided did you? I say everybody suffered from that shit, we all we casualties.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They rebelled against Super League and stayed loyal to the ARL really. The club should never have gone along with the mercenary competition in the first place.

I didn't watch the footy whatsover when it was divided did you? I say everybody suffered from that shit, we all we casualties.
Yeah I did, but wasn’t happy and only did sonout of loyalty. Other great players stayed loyal to their clubs regardless of the comp they were in, why did these 4 jump? Sorry, no respect for them as genuine Bulldog men. Lamb hung around

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
He turned his back on our club and his teammates mid season, walking out even though he had a 5 year contract.
This guy should not be anywhere near our club. Whose bright idea was it to have this turncoat hand out jerseys to our players?
dean pay probably, he was the original walk out of the contract guy

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's all about SBW, always has been always will be.

He couldn't just go home and be with his family, he had to make a video and tell the world.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I did, but wasn’t happy and only did sonout of loyalty. Other great players stayed loyal to their clubs regardless of the comp they were in, why did these 4 jump? Sorry, no respect for them as genuine Bulldog men. Lamb hung around
Because they saw the stupid amounts of money others were being offered by SL, and so they took an offer from the ARL that would match.

It wasn't a Canterbury/Parramatta thing but a SL/ARL thing in the end.

Dymock, Pay and Smith will always be Bulldogs, and premiership winning ones. McCracken will always be an arsehole.