Klemmer Rubbishes Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klemmer has confirmed he is working through several issues at the Bulldogs, with a split from ex-player manager David Riolo believed to be at the heart of the situation.

Disgruntled forward David Klemmer has refused to commit to the Bulldogs beyond 2017. Photo: Getty Images
The 23-year-old had long been managed by Riolo, but has opted for a change. Part of the player-manager split means Canterbury paying Riolo out his share of the rest of Klemmer's contract with the Bulldogs, which the club is willing to do.

After playing in Sunday's embarrassing 38-0 loss to Penrith at ANZ Stadium, Klemmer said he was hopeful of resolving his issues with the club.

"There's a couple of things me and the club are working through, we're just trying to put those in place and fix all those and get everything on track," said Klemmer, one of two Bulldogs backing up from Origin alongside Josh Jackson. "It was a bit frustrating but we're working together. I love the club, I don't want to leave here and obviously we're working in place to get everything all sorted.

"There's been back and forth with trying to get things right and a bit of frustration from my end. The club's been very helpful and we're on track to fixing all the things, it's a business thing.

"It's frustrating. I've got a player manager and it's part of the deal. I'll just leave it where it is now . . . the board and the club are trying to help out and it's just one of those things."

Canterbury chief executive Raelene Castle said she was "100 per cent" confident of retaining Klemmer beyond 2017 for the further three years remaining on his contract.

"It's just trying to help Klemmer exit his current player-manager contract and we've been working on that for a number of months," Castle said. "We're just trying to do the final piece in that to make sure he can separate ways with his player manager."

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler was adamant the Blues enforcer would not be leaving Belmore. When asked if Klemmer would be at Canterbury next season, Hasler replied: "Yes. There's no truth pertaining to that story."

Klemmer has three years to run on his contract after last season signing a four-year deal, reportedly worth more than $2 million. Should he leave, Klemmer has been linked with the Wests Tigers, where he would be a straight swap for his close friend Aaron Woods, who is leaving the joint-venture club for the Dogs.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait, WTF, why do the Bulldogs need to pay out his manager? They signed Klem, not his manager, that makes less sense than the articles have. Sounds like a lawsuit should be in the future of either that manager, or fairfax media.

However, reading between lines, fairfax didn't get their story from nowhere, so I assume Riolo is a intolerable **** that could use a solid smack in the head? He reps the Morris brothers and Graham, so would plausibly feel leaking bullshit to the media wouldn't hurt him much given his client list isn't likely to be negotiation further deals beyond whats been signed already.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It always takes the fat bitch months to complete or execute anything

Yeh smooth operator my arse
Put a buffet spread at the end of the table and I'm sure she'd demolish it instantly

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i though the story in the SMH was just far too random to be completely made up, sounds like the article did massively over exaggerate the situation though.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It always takes the fat bitch months to complete or execute anything

Yeh smooth operator my arse
Put a buffet spread at the end of the table and I'm sure she'd demolish it instantly
Thats what shits me, took us almost a year to re-sign Mbye who was an unproven rookie and he managed to squeeze 750k out of the club.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Lol so is that all?

Things look like to get fixed and much ado about nothing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The rumour only more rubbish than our season

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep even on the nrl website. That jurno should be hung for rising my blood pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.