John Grant steps down from ARLC position!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/arlc-chairman-will-not-seek-reappointment/tabid/10874/newsid/108635/default.aspx

Australian Rugby League Chairman John Grant today announced he will not stand for reappointment as a Commissioner at the end of his current term in February 2018.

Mr Grant was appointed as the inaugural Chairman of the Commission in February 2012 and will have completed his second term when he steps down.

"For some weeks I have deliberated on the changing face of the Commission post constitutional reform should that occur this year and the need for a succession plan for the role of Chairman," Mr Grant said.

"All well run organisations need time to properly plan for the future and my decision, at this time, assists this.

"In the months between now and February there is a lot to be done and I look forward to continuing to lead the game as Chairman and applying all my energy to dealing with the many opportunities and challenges that are before us."

One down, one to go (Greenberg).

I'm glad this stupid **** has fallen on his sword. Done nothing but fuck the game up with constantly stupid ideas, and is only ever seen when there is a gala event for him and his partner to attend.

The game is better off without this flog.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still don't know what the Commission even do. I remember before its inception, everyone was talking about it being the best thing since slice bread.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is going to officially announce team names and player names wrong now? I'm sure the Manly Seagulls and Cronulla Hawks where devastated when they heard this news.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect opportunity for Dib to go join toddy

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good riddens to bad rubbish.

Hope the door hits his ass on the way out and and falls on that bald head of his.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Greenturd doesn't just replace him but also goes.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't know what the Commission even do. I remember before its inception, everyone was talking about it being the best thing since slice bread.
The best way to keep yourself in a job is to make it all seem a mystery.

But seriously, I don't really know what its purpose is either.

Really, you just need one body running the show (say, the NRL), which has a board voted in by the 16 Clubs, and maybe a vote to the QRL and NSWRL and that's about it...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What has improved under the Commission as compared to before

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not that he did a total shit job, apart from being tight, I think the Commission in theory is a farce and has become just another level of NRL management which is not the solution to anything.
What exactly was the job criteria?
There is still many issues for the NRL to tackle.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the panelists on the Sunday footyshow was defending him because he diverted money to upgrading stadiums. But basically what use if any is there in adding extra seats to stadiums that are never closer to capacity in anything but the few rep games every year. To my easy of thinking is like a parent with two kids buying a bus just in case they need to drive all the kids team mates on their sports team to a game one day.

He's been behind some deals that I think compromise the integrity of the game (gambling sponsorship deal) he's also made additions to the game that add further grey areas and seemingly colluded with certain coaches to make other rule changes that have reduced how connected fans feel to the game.

He can't leave quick enough for my liking. I just hope his replacement isn't a paperweight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.