The Castle has fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Um..ha ha ha...just ha ha.. The person is Des..she gave him his team.. Have a quick look over at Manly or at Penrith..if you don't do what they want you to do..the CEO goes or the coach goes..she did what Des wanted..he happy..that's why she stayed.. Team goes crap..can't fire Des he's a genius..Foran is coming because of him..get rid of the CEO..
Exactly she did what des wanted. She didn't have balls or the knowledge of how to run an nrl club. Nrl is a complete different ball game to netball. I'm very happy she is gone 2 years too late in my books though

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For all those who don't know...
CEO stand for Chief Executive Officer
In reality Castle was never a proper RUGBY LEAGUE Chief
Nor she ever properly EXECUTED Football issues
In saying that it's not necessarily totally her fault
She shouldn't have been employed in the position
That's what happens when people are hired based on gender and diversity purposes rather than the actual potential, qualifications and brains of the person.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
For all those who don't know...
CEO stand for Chief Executive Officer
In reality Castle was never a proper RUGBY LEAGUE Chief
Nor she ever properly EXECUTED Football issues
In saying that it's not necessarily totally her fault
She shouldn't have been employed in the position
What's a Rugby League Chief, and does any club have one of them?

Paul Harragon maybe? but, that was only a nickname, not a job title.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are rejoicing about the wrong scalp. I honestly believe that Castle had the best interest of the club and the fans at heart with most of what she did. She may have been a bit misguided at times but at least she was innovative. She was obviously between a rock and a hard place as far as Dib and the board goes. Dib is operating on ego, pure and simple. He wants to be a Politis type figure for the club but has nowhere near the tact or competence to do so.

Make no mistake Castle was given the ultimatum to jump or be pushed. It was decided during a meeting earlier in the week that she would be shown the door, something the board had been pushing for for 12 months.
This has been a tactical move by an under siege board to make a scapegoat out of someone and draw attention away from their own shortcomings. Much like a change in the playing roster won't do much while Hasler persists with his game plan a new CEO will have little change in the direction of the club as long as Dib and Co are pulling the strings.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly she did what des wanted. She didn't have balls or the knowledge of how to run an nrl club. Nrl is a complete different ball game to netball. I'm very happy she is gone 2 years too late in my books though
Yep..but not because she's a woman..but again off the field clubs going pretty good..but on the field crap.. CEO doesn't pick the players..and no ones going to say to Des we shouldn't have this player..the board has to control the coach.. Ask Turvey..

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does graham Hughes have anything to do with the club still?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think you've totally missed the point of Mr 95 percent's post here. He isn't blaming her I don't think, he's saying she's a scapegoat... a sacrificial lamb to appease the angry masses while not seriously shaking up or changing the way business is done.....and I think he's right. She's probably been pushed and it's almost certainly a stunt by Dib and co to take the heat off themselves.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you've totally missed the point of Mr 95 percent's post here. He isn't blaming her I don't think, he's saying she's a scapegoat... a sacrificial lamb to appease the angry masses while not seriously shaking up or changing the way business is done.....and I think he's right. She's probably been pushed and it's almost certainly a stunt by Dib and co to take the heat off themselves.
I shouldn't say shit CEO..just not suited to the Dogs..and being a woman is irrelevant..And really what is she supposed to do.. Des is the biggest control freak of all time..and as for the board..oh my.. So basically they hang her out to dry..because it's easier..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I shouldn't say shit CEO..just not suited to the Dogs..and being a woman is irrelevant..And really what is she supposed to do.. Des is the biggest control freak of all time..and as for the board..oh my.. So basically they hang her out to dry..because it's easier..
Yeah I'm completely with you mate. I'm not her biggest fan, but I don't think she did as bad a job as everyone makes out and I definitely don't think she is our biggest problem. Not by a long shot.

Sacrificial lamb imo.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm completely with you mate. I'm not her biggest fan, but I don't think she did as bad a job as everyone makes out and I definitely don't think she is our biggest problem. Not by a long shot.

Sacrificial lamb imo.
From the surface it may seem so, from the inside rumblings she's fucked up a few times and one time too many

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CEO role is a busy job, I think she performed ok in day to day Operations. But what did she introduce / implement ? I heard her talking recently about the Family Club and introducing cribs and kid's play areas as many players had children and we are after all the Family Club. Not sure if this is a distraction or actually a good thing, but fans want more than this. Maybe I have missed it but can anyone list her record of achievements here ?
Community Programs

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol might as well get the australian version candyman haha at least he would spend big on the club and actually do things plus not to mention glamour cheerleaders :grinning:
Kasiano would backflip on the storm if candyman was out CEO free smokes

Status
Not open for further replies.