Lichaa signing confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not going to go over the same points repeatedly. But A lot of you are setting very high expectations on a player that has had 3 good games in two seasons. You can say that the coach shackled him but even a shackled player should have shown more glimpses of form during that time. As far as I'm concerned I'll judge him on his performances under a different coach, but I'm not going to start placing bets on him to win the dally M like a few on here seem ready to do based on three performances. I stand by my judgement that he's so far not shown that he has much awareness of where the players around him are and that means he has to pick up the ball before deciding where to pass and thats a big flaw for a hooker. He gets a clean slate next year, but if he doesn't perform the kennel pirhanas will attack him very quickly.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to go over the same points repeatedly. But A lot of you are setting very high expectations on a player that has had 3 good games in two seasons. You can say that the coach shackled him but even a shackled player should have shown more glimpses of form during that time. As far as I'm concerned I'll judge him on his performances under a different coach, but I'm not going to start placing bets on him to win the dally M like a few on here seem ready to do based on three performances. I stand by my judgement that he's so far not shown that he has much awareness of where the players around him are and that means he has to pick up the ball before deciding where to pass and thats a big flaw for a hooker. He gets a clean slate next year, but if he doesn't perform the kennel pirhanas will attack him very quickly.
I just dont think you realise how controlling hasler was,any player that defied playing the way he wanted would not be still in the top team- look at mick ennis played so much better at sharks - des sucked the life out of the whole team not just lichha

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Mate he didn't have 3 good games in 3 years!! Wake up to yourself... I guarantee he didn't have half as many bad games as josh renoylds yet the guy got carried off like a legend.

We have some very dumb supporters.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know what you mean but the Dogs are a better side than Lebanon.
True also but I was referring more to whether or not he runs the ball, kicks in general play and passes well or if he just turns back into a tackling machine. If he shows a bit for the Lebos it will hopefully mean he is determined to keep going rather than go back to old habits.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am obviously no expert in rugby league by any stretch ... not even on the kennel, lol

but what i saw from liccha in last 3 games was simply mind blowing and call me crazy but he played like Cameron Smith and he played so well in those last 3 games that I have completely changed my opinion on him which was built up over a period of 3 years of watching him play shit house under des.

cant wait to see the new unshackled liccha.
thanks mate havnt laughed that much in a long time

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how some people who backed the previous coach, called others armchair experts and told us Hasler knew better now want to pour cold water over the re-signing of Lichaa.

There is a new coach, he has a connection with Lichaa and he is willing to back the kid. At this stage that's good enough for me.

He might not be the best in the game but I never bagged him and knew that Hasler had limited his game. I look forward to seeing what he can do next year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If like i suspect pay has our forwards running hard and straight lichhas runs off the back of those runs will be very damaging and in turn give more time for our backline

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate he didn't have 3 good games in 3 years!! Wake up to yourself... I guarantee he didn't have half as many bad games as josh renoylds yet the guy got carried off like a legend.

We have some very dumb supporters.
I spent a long time defending Lichaa and hoping he'd improve. The fact remains that he had a very bad habit of taking too long to pick his passes and when he'd picked them it was usually based on the fact that a forward had almost gotten in front of him and the defense were rushing up because they'd worked out that it was rare for him to throw anything but a short ball to the bloke next to him. That tendency is what I think caused our forwards to lose momentum in their runs and usually the forwards knew the defense was upon them already so at times they'd angle their runs. To me that explains the difference between our forwards playing like monsters at rep level and looking a bit lethargic sometimes at club level. On the rare occasions that he made decisive dummy half runs he did look ok, but as mentioned those occasions were rare. I'm going to hope for the best from him but I'll keep my expectations low until I see if he has more impact.

If you are implying I'm dumb it might just be that you are offended because you lack the intelligence to sway my opinions and you are unwilling to admit that views other than your own have any merit. Insults aren't a great way to convince me that your opinions are any more valid than mine. The whole point of my contribution to this thread was in pointing out that Lichaa like many other players saved his best football for a time when he was looking like he'd be unemployed next year. A lot of people are convinced that he's suddenly going to put in those massive efforts every week next year. I am going to judge based on his performances under a different coaching style before messing my shorts about how wonderful he is.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its because of how hes been, that now hes given a chance we have high expectations. And he better meet them or we will all hate him again quick smart

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don’t trully know what he’s capable of. His service may have suffered due to fatigue.
Hasler turned him into a tackling machine.
If we go with a substitute hooker, you might see a completely different footballer.
He can probably afford to drop a few kilos too with less tackling required which “should” help his passing game

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing you can credit Hasler with is that he can now tackle like a SOO hooker...OK, maybe not quite but still that's not what you're going to fault him for after a game.

I'm hoping that the reason why he looked confused af out there is that he'd spot an opportunity, run and then realise everyone's stuck to the Hasler playbook so no-one knew what to do, leaving him stranded.

If Pay has him enjoying his football again, we'll see the best of him

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I spent a long time defending Lichaa and hoping he'd improve. The fact remains that he had a very bad habit of taking too long to pick his passes and when he'd picked them it was usually based on the fact that a forward had almost gotten in front of him and the defense were rushing up because they'd worked out that it was rare for him to throw anything but a short ball to the bloke next to him. That tendency is what I think caused our forwards to lose momentum in their runs and usually the forwards knew the defense was upon them already so at times they'd angle their runs. To me that explains the difference between our forwards playing like monsters at rep level and looking a bit lethargic sometimes at club level. On the rare occasions that he made decisive dummy half runs he did look ok, but as mentioned those occasions were rare. I'm going to hope for the best from him but I'll keep my expectations low until I see if he has more impact.

If you are implying I'm dumb it might just be that you are offended because you lack the intelligence to sway my opinions and you are unwilling to admit that views other than your own have any merit. Insults aren't a great way to convince me that your opinions are any more valid than mine. The whole point of my contribution to this thread was in pointing out that Lichaa like many other players saved his best football for a time when he was looking like he'd be unemployed next year. A lot of people are convinced that he's suddenly going to put in those massive efforts every week next year. I am going to judge based on his performances under a different coaching style before messing my shorts about how wonderful he is.

I never called you dumb and I respect that your trying to explain your reasoning for your opinion.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If we signed lichaa because of untapped potential that's one thing, but if we signed him because of playing ok for 3 good games in three seasons then we've gone no where.

Let's hope lichaa comes out of his plodder shell because on what I have seen he is an average dummy half.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In Des we trust.... just joking.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can probably afford to drop a few kilos too with less tackling required which “should” help his passing game
Why would he be doing less tackling ? Unless defensive structures completely change.

Him not being able to pass a ball properly had nothing to do with fatigue , I didn’t notice a difference in his passes from 1st minute to 80th minute

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I imagine he cost next to nothing, so, good I guess.

The guy is great in defence, and has a solid running game, but he either needs to shift to another position or learn to pass the ball from the ruck or kick the ball (both ideally, but one of the two at least).

A #9 that can't pass, or kick doesn't sound too exciting to me, but maybe now that he's out of excuses he'll pull his finger out and take the field next season with a newly acquired skill, that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.