Search results

1. matt

Bit of Footy News For The Fans

Good news, we need every prop we can get!
  2. matt

The 'Attn Superthread"

Happy with that team, Clinton will have to come in for Setu though, will need another front rower. Glad to see Izzy in the centres, he needs to be developed there.
  3. matt

Denan Kemp leaves the Warriors to pursue his NRL career in Australia

Would love to see him back, Kemp and Lockyer had an awesome combo going last year. Would be another option for the fullback spot, if not put him on the wing.
  4. matt

Israel Folau to return for Broncos against Cowboys

His still only young, give him time. Should be developed as a centre over the off-season. Will be great to see him back
  5. matt

Are most of you wanting the Broncos to win tonight.

Lets Go Broncos! Crowd had no idea what just happened haha!
  6. matt

2nd favourite team in the comp

Probably Cowboys, also dont mind the Warriors.
  7. matt

Broncos V Panthers RD23 ***SPOILERS***

If the broncos are just competitive with the dragons ill be happy. Anything is possibile but we are a long way off thinking about grand finals..
  8. matt

Broncos V Panthers RD23 ***SPOILERS***

Great showing by the broncos, especially the 2nd half. We arnt expected to beat the Dragons so who knows what could happen? If we keep up that form and attitude we are a shot I cant believe we are 7th after getting flogged for the last 2 and a half months..
  9. matt

who should be the 17th team?

West Brisbane (Toowoomba, Ipswich, Springfield). Growing population, high participation and love for rugby league, already has the transport infrastructure.. etc
  10. matt

Brisbane Broncos plan to shed under-achievers in the coming months

Clinton has been going alright this year. While yeah his not the best going around, we need as many props as we can get, and theres noone really who can replace him for next year. Take out Clinton and all we have is Kenny, Mcguire for next year..lol Id like to see us sign Matt Scott, have him...
  11. matt

What props are we going to sign to replace Clinton for next year?
  12. matt

I would get rid of Sims, Teo, Marsh. Michaels needs to go or be moved to the wing. Gorrell is already going. Hunt is also going. Clinton I would keep. His done well this year considering and we need all the props we can get. Setu has potiental, keep him on a cheap contract. Should be...
  13. matt

Brisbane Broncos

If we can get Hunt/Folau/Hodges/Lockyer on the the park at the same time, we will be alot more dangerous. Last time they played together we were leading the comp and competition favourates. We are a long way from that atm, but we are getting everyone back this week except Izzy, so will see how...
  14. matt

Brisbane's Darren Lockyer and Sam Thaiday to miss Gold Coast Titans clash

Maybe we need to miss the 8 until they finally pull their finger out. This has been coming for years, looking at the players we have lost/gained..we have easily come out 2nd best. While the last few years under Bennett have had its downs, least the team played with abit of spirt and pride..
  15. matt

Game 3 (If Necessary)

Yeah thats true, however at the end of the day, without sponorship and money, the game doesnt survive. Not many other NRL games attract the amount of sponsorship, television exposure and crowd numbers that the 3rd origin will attract. Its a much needed financial boost. Its a shame that NRL...
  16. matt

Game 3 (If Necessary)

Yeah I have no argument with what your saying, Broncos have suffered just as heavily from origin as any other team. However, I think thats more of an issue of the timing of the series. If it is held post sept, then the series is more of a stand alone event, and players can play without worrying...
  17. matt

Game 3 (If Necessary)

The revenue generated from state of origin games is massive, -52,000 people packed into suncorp (paying decent coin to be there too) -All the food, drinks, merchandise sold at the game -Injection of money into the local economy (hotels, resturants etc) -Employment.. security, ticketing...
  18. matt

Tonie Carroll to make return to NRL

Great to see Carroll coming back. He wont be costing much and lets face it, we need all the help we can get atm, especially in defence. If he comes back and he doesnt go well, we dont need to pick him.
  19. matt

NRL Crowds, Ratings up for 2009

The problem is that rugby league is such a great game to watch on tv. All the action is pretty much happening around the ball. Whereas with AFL, if your actually at the game, you get to see so much more of the strategy/player movement etc. People would rather just sit at home and watch league...
  20. matt

Bulldogs v Broncos Swine Flu thread

They were never going to move it..its all a media beat up. Its a massive disturbance to the team with the lack of preparation, but they have to get on with it and play. Hopefully the broncos come out with a better effort then they did last week.
  21. matt

Dud signings of the year

Aaron Gorrell has been disappointing. I thought he would be a solid signing but has just been rubbish. Kemp should never of been allowed to go, he was one of the form wingers last year for us.
  22. matt

Broncos team v Bulldogs

I flew down for the origin, then went and watched the broncos against the storm.. terrible performance from the boys. If they play like that again we will get 50 put on us. Im expecting the broncos to bounce back strongly tho..whether or not it will be enough is another story. Team is fairly...
  23. matt

The idris try decision *megathread*

absolute joke
  24. matt

Post from a Dragons fan (on LU)

Just seen the game up in Qld. What an absolute joke. I had money on the dragons, and feel as though I dont deserve the winnings. There was no way in hell that wasnt a try. I really feel for you guys, that is the worst decision I have ever seen. In saying that, you guys played great and have...
  25. matt

Hunt ruled out and Hodges in doubt for Broncos NRL clash with Manly

Give Hodges a rest, try Folau in the centres.
  26. matt

Israel Folau - Is he all he seems to be?

I tend to agree, would much rather see him at centre, especially with the way Michaels is playing atm. We need to remember that he is only a young kid, once he gets more experience under his belt, he will get better. Funny how people say our pack is crap, yet we were equal first before this...
  27. matt

Ennis and Farah to BOTH make Origin

lol cant deceide which hooker to pick? just pick them both.. total waste of a bench spot, both are able to play 80min as already said. Having an extra forward would be much more valueable
  28. matt

broncos QLD GOV SPONSORSHIP

Your right that the broncos have alot of potential sponsors. The broncos are one of the most successful clubs, both on and off the field. However, its poor to have a 'i dont care attitude', as potential sponsors will soon look to other investments. Sponsors come and go, its all part of the...
  29. matt

Taylor struggling to get minutes into his legs

Taylor is a great talent no doubt, but dropping him back to qld cup wont do him harm. He tends to get abit 'cocky'. If he wants a position in the team, he has to work for it. Looking forward to seeing Wapau play. Gorrell has been ok, but you really notice the difference when McCollough...
  30. matt

Broncos vs Dogs in bris

Ill probably be there :P Always great games between the two teams, even more so atm with both team playing well. A while away yet though..
  31. matt

Are Manly "Under the Radar"?

Love it how they try to justify their horrible form by using the "under the radar" excuse! With the players they have, they have been terrible, especially against penrith without a decent set of halves!
  32. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

haha mate ive been here for years but tend to read more than anything. You only really get one perspective on things up in qld so its good to get other opinions.
  33. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Yeah well like i said, i just wanted to have a discussion about a topic. I dont expect everyone to agree with me, but theres no real need for insults. Difference of opinion is what makes things interesting and generates discussion.
  34. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Yeah i might hey, shame you cant have a discussion on here without having everyone insult you because you have a difference of opinion. Isnt that what forums are for?
  35. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Was still used yeah?
  36. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Im not being critical of a team buying players, thats all part of the game. Those players in my sig are from various different clubs anyway. Im just trying to see the difference between the bulldogs buying broncos players, and the roosters buying bulldogs players. Sure, the dogs are re-building...
  37. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Thats not my point. The reason you lost players is because you won the 2004 title, ie salary cap pressure. The reason we lost a few players is because of the salary cap. Its all part of the game. However, when the roosters buy ur players because you cant afford them its suddenly wrong and bad.
  38. matt

Eastwoods weight

keep him away from the pies and he will be sweet :p
  39. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Kenny should be right for this week. Our forward stocks are thin but we have some good young players coming through. Kenny is a good player, clinton played well last week, hopefully he can keep it going. Also if taylor can show some consistant form, we will be ok. To early in the season to tell...
  40. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Shame some people cant have a discussion and just throw up personal insults. And yeah i understand about mason, however myles, anasta and that were off contract and signed with the roosters. Very hypocritical. Its ok for the bulldogs but not the roosters.
  41. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

You won a premiership in 2004 and couldnt keep Anasta, Myles, Shrek, etc etc. Same same. Is it the roosters fault you won the comp? (well it is cuz they were playing you but u get what i mean)
  42. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

I remember even before mason left, dogs supporters were upset when anasta, myles, shrek etc all left to the roosters. People were saying they are trying to buy a premiership, they dont have juniors, etc etc. Now to me thats exactly the same as what the bulldogs have done to the broncos...
  43. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Isnt that what the roosters did? bulldogs were under salary cap presure so had to let players go, roosters bought them, but for some reason thats not ok??
  44. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Im just raising the point that bulldogs supporters in general have been so upset about the Roosters buying all their players, yet the Bulldogs turn around and do the same thing. I understand that buying players is part of the game, but 4 players in a single season from one club? The reason...
  45. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Folau is one of the best players in the game, and will only get better. Whether he is worth the price we paid for him is up for debate, thats not really the issue here. At the end of the day, you have bought 4 broncos in a single season. There are 15 other clubs you can get players from. Why...
  46. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

Could also say because the ex-bronco players played well..
  47. matt

Canterbury Bronco$

If the bulldogs go well this year, you know why ;)
  48. matt

Hunt offered $1million 3 year deal

Hopefully K takes up the deal, future caption of the club. 330k for him is a fair price, wouldnt want to go much higher though.
  49. matt

Best Backline

Broncos and Warriors
  50. matt

Best Forward Pack

Canterberry Broncos :p jks Quite a few strong packs there. Manly, Titans & Cowboys would be my picks.
  51. matt

Skipper Smith commits to Storm

"Smith joins coach Craig Bellamy, full-back Billy Slater and halves Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis as key members of the club to sign contract extensions." Those players alone would be worth at least 1.5 mill. And its not like they are still on old, cheap contracts, they have resigned at their...
  52. matt

Broncos cleared

Happy to see them cleared! I think the penatly is pretty fair, 20k fine, counciling and no more chances. Hopefully this teaches them a lesson to behave when they are out!
  53. matt

Are Melbourne really a dirty team

that video pretty much sums it up They are a dirty cheats who will keep on finding ways to bend the rules as long as they are allowed. Would love them to make the GF then lose again :)
  54. matt

Smith guilty of grapple tackle, out for season

haha laters cam smith..
  55. matt

Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday

Its to early to say they should be sacked/suspended or whatever. Its best to wait until all the facts are known before any action is taken. Im reserving my comments until then. Hopefully it wont distract the boys to much, its going to be really tough to beat the storm.
  56. matt

Hey Lockyer

Youd think after all the alleged bulldogs incidents, you wouldnt be so quick to judge when nothing has been proven. They are also sexual assault charges, not rape.
  57. matt

Roosters vs Broncos

Always a good game between the broncs and roosters, hopefully the broncos can get up.
  58. matt

Souths end talk of relocation.

I can appreciate the history and tradition Souths have in the game, but it should be left as just that, history. Every club in the competition has some sort of tradition and could come up with many reasons to justify why they should be in the comp. There are too many teams in Sydney, and for the...
  59. matt

Souths end talk of relocation.

Why were Souths brought back in the comp? They werent competitive for decades, did the NRL really think anything would change? And making the 8 one year isnt competitive. As far as Im concerned, Souths are taking up a valuable place in the comp that a new team at the Central Coast, or in...
  60. matt

Signings 2009

Thank F*ck for that that :p
  61. matt

Whats your thoughts on Antonio Kafusi

should of been in the qld team this yr, very solid player.
  62. matt

Israel Folau

His one of the best talents in the game, hardly overrated.
  63. matt

(MERGED) all SBW to union discussion

Very sad news for the Bulldogs and the NRL. After everything the bulldogs have done for him, he ups and leaves halfway through a contract. I really feel for you guys and I hope the dogs sue the crap out of him.
  64. matt

Lagi Setu To The Broncos

x2 Havent seen him play at all, but from what I hear his a decent player. We really need a few props but.
  65. matt

Thurston ruled out for three weeks

Im still not overly confident we will beat the cowboys, no thurston helps but. Broncos really need to step up another gear.
  66. matt

Cowboys Grand Final Comes Early

Will be a close game I think, broncos should win but with all the upsets last week you never know. And the cows are due for a win. Think Ill stay clear for betting on this one
  67. matt

Peter Wallace, Steve Michaels re-sign; Ben T'eo joins

Great to see Wallace staying, he was a must to keep. Havent seen much of T'eo, hopefully he proves to be a good buy.
  68. matt

NRL's Best Recruit for 08?

Petero and Wallace
  69. matt

Jokes at Queensland's Expense

NSW wont win, put your efforts towards thinking of an excuse to call in sick for work thursday :p haha Most jokes you can chop and change between the two teams anyway. NSW has a new sponsor. Coke ZERO hehe
  70. matt

Ennis should play game 3

We need Ennis for the panthers this weekend, so no :p
  71. matt

Warriors sign another bronco - FFS!

Yet another player we have lost..we have signed Folau, and have lost Hannant, Ennis, Moon, Kemp. And Boyd and Stagg are possibily going. Broncos must be signing Te'o, but thats still alot of talent lost
  72. matt

Full round at Suncorp? All 8 Teams, One Round, One Avenue. What's Your Thoughts?

Interesting idea, would be worth a look at.
  73. matt

Euro 2008 QF Portugal vs Germany

Portugal, because I have money on them :P
  74. matt

Mason on a mission

Keep talking it up Mason, the more you do, the more fired up you make qld. Oh and we hate you to, as well as alot of New South Welshmen ;)
  75. matt

Origin pain for players...

Yeah what a discrace honestly. Its not like the NRL are short of cash, and we are ment to be promoting people to play the game.
  76. matt

Is State of Origin fixed?

lol seriously its not fixed.. NSW were the better team in game 1, qld made a few changes and turned it around in game 2. We can see through the history of origin how close it is, its not fixed.
  77. matt

Anyone got...

I was at the game last night. Mason had a few good runs, then would drop the ball. I swear he dropped it every 2nd time he got it. There would be a massive boo, then a cheer when he dropped it haha Talk the talk but cant walk the walk
  78. matt

Eels won't fight for Tony Williams

Are the Broncos going to drop Hannant and Ennis because they signed with the dogs? No because they are an important part of winning the title this year. Panthers dropped Wallace last season and that didnt help them, and it didnt affect wallace his the nsw half-back now. Eels will keep him in...
  79. matt

Is Lockyer gone for good?

Yeah he will be fine, just needs time. His trying to rush back abit I think, should really of had the first few months off at the start of the season.
  80. matt

lockyer ruled out of origin

Yeah big loss for us, but Prince isnt exactly a poor replacement
  81. matt

Hayne out for 3 weeks

Well it would of been unfair if Hodges got suspended if Hayne didnt.. Sure hodges was worse, and he got the extra for it, but Haynes tackle was still bad.
  82. matt

Hayne out for 3 weeks

Good decision
  83. matt

Golden point is tarnished

Exactly. If they get rid of Golden Point, fans will be screaming they want a result. Tbh it doesnt really bother me, you win some, you lose others. If things are that tight after extra time its a draw anyway.
  84. matt

Mason lables QLD fans Nutbag Rednecks

haha all these comments will do is fire up qld cant wait to boo him at the game :p
  85. matt

Spoon '08

Souths without a doubt, they are horrible
  86. matt

Has Darius Boyd Re-Signed With Broncos?

Easily the best backline in the comp next year, hopefully our forwards step up and do the job next year.
  87. matt

Official side for QLD SOO - 2 - Read And Review.

Team is soooo much better than last time. They had to get rid of Webb, Lillyman, PJ. Hunt should be at fullback, Slater to the wing/bench. Boyd is a suprise but I think he will go well. The whole team needs to step up, which I think they will with Lockyer and Price back in the side...
  88. matt

Has Darius Boyd Re-Signed With Broncos?

haha you have enough of our players already :p Great to see these guys staying, broncos will have a gun backline next year :D
  89. matt

if u could change a rule in the nrl what would it be?

Video ref used only for the put down of a ball for a try. Put some of the responsibility back on the ref.
  90. matt

Bulldogs sign Ennis for three years

Sad news for us, was always going to happen but. Hopefully we can sign Boyd, Stagg and whoever else is left...
  91. matt

Eels vs Broncos

GO BRONCOS!!! Was an awesome game. Full credit to the Eels, they played very well. Lockyer is absolutly awesome, his what qld were missing in origin 1. Both teams did some stupid things, Hodges will miss 4-6 weeks I think. :( Qld halves = 6- Lockyer 7- Prince (im sure thurston will...
  92. matt

Ennis after tonight !

FFS Broncos, throw some money at Ennis, we have lost a few players surely theres some cash.
  93. matt

Move Origin

It works fine as it is. Broncos are usually hit hard during origin but it gives young players a chance to play in first grade.
  94. matt

Qld Team

Why the hell is Hunt at 5/8? Absolute rubbish Prince isnt there. Team could of been so much better. Not sure about PJ either, his just getting over injury.
  95. matt

NSW Team Named

Thats true. Im not a fan of either of them, but Wallace was in reserve grade for the panthers last year. Sure he has been playing well for the Broncos, but I dont think his ready for origin. Carney would of been a better option to. I hope Wallace plays well (but no to well :P) but I would of...
  96. matt

NSW Team Named

Bloodly blues picking wallace Well done to him but his not ready yet, anasta, finch would be better options. Broncos will struggle this weekend against the sharks :( oh god plz no Perry Overall a pretty decent looking team but
  97. matt

Non Australians Playing Origin

Keep it how it is, plus Melb and canberra isnt part of qld. There are so many talented young Australians in the game and it would be unfair for them to miss out because of a non-australian.
  98. matt

manly win again

Hmm we didnt seem to turn up today. I guess we were due and will wake the boys up abit.