Official side for QLD SOO - 2 - Read And Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
QUEENSLAND State of Origin selectors have again overlooked Gold Coast captain Scott Prince for the return match against NSW. The Maroons have made four changes to the 17 which lost 10-18 to Sydney last month for Game Two at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow week.

Into the side come captain Darren Lockyer, veteran prop Steve Price, Titans utility Ashley Harrison and Broncos rookie Darius Boyd.

Out go centre Justin Hodges (suspended), prop Carl Webb and interchange players PJ Marsh and Jacob Lillyman.

Israel Folau goes from the wing to cover for Hodges in the centres while five-eighth Karmichael Hunt goes to the bench to makeway for Brocnos team-mate Lockyer.

The Maroons squad with age and Origin appearances:

1. Billy Slater (Storm) 24, 6

2. Darius Boyd (Broncos) 20, 0

3. Greg Inglis (Storm) 22, 5

4. Brent Tate (Warriors) 27, 13

5. Israel Folau (Storm) 19, 1

6. Darren Lockyer (Broncos) 31, 27

7. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) 10

8. Steve Price (Warriors) 34, 23

9. Cameron Smith (Storm) 24, 14

10. Petero Civoniceva (Panthers) 21

11. Michael Crocker (Storm) 27, 8

12. Sam Thaiday (Broncos) 22, 4

13. Dallas Johnson (Storm) 26, 7

Interchange:

14. Karmichael Hunt (Broncos) 21, 5

15. Ben Hannant (Broncos) 23, 1

16. Nate Myles (Roosters) 22, 7

17. Ash Harrison (Titans) 27, 1

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** me... they went the right way by getting rid of Webb and Lillyman... but to keep omitting Prince?

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wtf would u do with hunt on the bench :confused:

Hes already proven he isnt a great playmaker so what position is he going to cover? Fullback?

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Darius Boyd's pricetag just went up, I wonder if lotto (aka the Bulldogs) can afford it.

Seriously, good team. Although Scott Prince must have upset someone in a previous lifetime.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If QLD lose this series then the whole selection panel should be sacked along with Meninga. If there ever was a year where QLD should have belted the BLue 3-0 this is it. Prince is ahead of Thurston by a country mile this year.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If QLD lose this series then the whole selection panel should be sacked along with Meninga. If there ever was a year where QLD should have belted the BLue 3-0 this is it. Prince is ahead of Thurston by a country mile this year.
I agree with you about that, Prince has played alot better then Thurston this year.

K

kennyy

wtf would u do with hunt on the bench :confused:

Hes already proven he isnt a great playmaker so what position is he going to cover? Fullback?
Lockyer wont make the distance possibly. shift slater to 5/8th and hunt to fullback or vise versa

there is alot of possibilitys tbh.

Cameron is an 80min player

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
As a NSW fan there is no way i will complain about prince not getting selected

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would of put Hunt to fullback and probably drop slater altogether. If the forwards do their job this time, QLD should run riot over NSW. (ie, it won't be as close as last time).

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lockyer wont make the distance possibly. shift slater to 5/8th and hunt to fullback or vise versa

there is alot of possibilitys tbh.

Cameron is an 80min player
Slater to 5-8 and hunt to fullback? Instead of Prince to 5-8 and leave Slater at fullback?

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would of put Hunt to fullback and probably drop slater altogether. If the forwards do their job this time, QLD should run riot over NSW. (ie, it won't be as close as last time).
And I would of dropped Thruston too, Prince playing way better footy.

K

kennyy

Slater to 5-8 and hunt to fullback? Instead of Prince to 5-8 and leave Slater at fullback?
Im just saying, Lockyer probably wont last the 80... Any number of positional changes could happen. You're telling me if Slater gets bashed on every kick return as he did in game 1 they wont thru Hunt in at fullback off the bench?

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
u have to have thurston there!!! his such a better player then prince.. how bad are the cowboys compared to the titans

thurstons on a different level

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is a much better side than game 1. Lockyer and Price will make the world of difference just on presence and experience alone.

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel for Scott Prince. Thurston does not have a mortgage on the halfback spot for Queensland but it is the stubborness of the QLD coach and selectors which will probably cost them the series.

Thurston proved in Game One that he can be quite easily contained and flustered into some questionable options in attack and his kicking game. Scott Prince is a much more mature player and should be playing ahead of Thurston.

I think NSW will win the series 3-0 to be quite frank.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Team is soooo much better than last time. They had to get rid of Webb, Lillyman, PJ.

Hunt should be at fullback, Slater to the wing/bench. Boyd is a suprise but I think he will go well.

The whole team needs to step up, which I think they will with Lockyer and Price back in the side.

Hopefully it goes to the decieder!

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
I can't believe they left Prince out again lol. I would be absolutely disgusted if I were Prince. How much more could a person do to get into Origin? The same thing happens with Farah.

LOL The whole Rugby League game is becoming a joke.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed, but from Game 1, I looked at our backline and the FIRST thing I said to myself was:

"****, as amazing as this backline is, it doesn't look half as amazing without Locky"

Amazing how different Origin series take a turn depending who wins game 1 thuogh, thats why Game 1 is so important.

Im confident we can WIN, but not AS confident as I have been over the last couple of years. I'd me MUCH more comfortable with Hodges in the side, but he decided to be an idiot this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.