Non Australians Playing Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generation_Next

Waterboy
Reaction score
What do you guys think of that?

I personally think that if they are good enough to play then let them...

If they were to play how would you go about dividing them into QLD and NSW, i think that it should be judge to where they played they're first 1st grade.... give all the qld teams plus melb and canberra to QLD and the ones from NSW to NSW ...

what do you think?

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep it how it is, plus Melb and canberra isnt part of qld.

There are so many talented young Australians in the game and it would be unfair for them to miss out because of a non-australian.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Australian citizens can play for Australia and their respective state then why can't New Zealanders with an Australian citizen do the same?

Sonny has an Australian citizenship, right?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a fan.

It takes so much away from the meaning of Origin. If i grew up in Australia and represented NSW - I would be filthy looking back to see people who have been here for a few years getting a crack. I know its sounds wrong - but there is so much heritage to the series. Why disrupt it?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not going to happen anytime soon I think.

The tradionalists of the game want SOO to be an all australian fare and they have said it over and over again, "if you want to represent origin, state your allegiance to AUS now or you dont stand a chance.".

This talk has only come up since SBW has been on the scene as he is quite clearly one of the greatest non AUS or ENG based players ever and his style of play is very suited to the origin environment.

Personally I would just love to see SBW in origin, but I cant see it happening :(

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Of Origin is just that (Inglis excluded) and there is no need to tamper with it.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Steve your SBW bashing is getting old, please try a new line.

He was one of NZ's best in the test match

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve your SBW bashing is getting old, please try a new line.

He was one of NZ's best in the test match
And the spank fest over the guy is old too. There were no good NZ players on the night bar 5 minutes of spark. If Lockyer had been playing the score would have been worse. Test football is dead, the WC is a waste of time and rugby league is on its knees at international level.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was missing in the first half, but surely he made up for it in the second half?
Only when Australia took the foot off the pedal. He needed to step up in the first half when NZ needed him most. He is a quality player but nowhere near as great as he is made out.

D

D0ggyStylz

lol kiwis playing origin.

fcuking knobs.

Kiwis have no buisness playing origin, only those who are Australians.

Imagine that.

Sonny plays international - misses game after
Sonny plays origing - Misses game before and after

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Australian citizens can play for Australia and their respective state then why can't New Zealanders with an Australian citizen do the same?

Sonny has an Australian citizenship, right?
If he wants to play for NSW then he has to play for Australia as well then.

Anania

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
sonny is only a resident i think. like me :D
lol his gran is an Australian though, still lives there. Would qualify him but I don't think non-Australians should be able to play Origin unless they pledge their allegiance to their test team as well.

Leave it as it is, its an Aussie thing, not many Aussies know this but Kiwis gets just as excited as they are when its Origin, I have no idea why lol...

Go Queensland though:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.