Israel Folau - Is he all he seems to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if slater was out wouldn't they pick hunt or bowen?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
if slater was out wouldn't they pick hunt or bowen?
bowen wont play again. it would be hunt if he doesnt head off to japan lol.

hodges can play fullback. He did so for quite a few games back in 2006 when hunt got injured and was touted as a possible australian fullback back then.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
your a walking contradiction, 1st he's the best winger, then he's wasted on the wing, then you sayd he's a centre and a fullback too?
Actually, no contradiction, Sure he's a great winger, but he would still offer the team more at centre or if needed fullback. A good centre is much harder to find then a good winger.
e.g, if kimmorely was the best winger in the world (lmao) he would still offer the team more at halfback.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score

hodges can play fullback. He did so for quite a few games back in 2006 when hunt got injured and was touted as a possible australian fullback back then.
Bowen is a club level hero, average at origin, hodges in 2006 was awesome at fullback, good enough to keep hunt (who back then was #1 fullback and arguably still is) at wing, hodges can play fullback, folau moves to right centre, and someone off bench to right wing.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

best think to ever happen

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's scored almost every time the ball is kicked to him ... what more do you want. I dont understand why the Broncos dont plan their attack solely around kicking to Folau - out of 10 kicks, he'll score at least 8 times imo.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
He's scored almost every time the ball is kicked to him ... what more do you want. I dont understand why the Broncos dont plan their attack solely around kicking to Folau - out of 10 kicks, he'll score at least 8 times imo.
if he was playing with the roosters would he have an excellent combo with Mitchell Pearce as we all know he is bomb happy :p

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if he was playing with the roosters would he have an excellent combo with Mitchell Pearce as we all know he is bomb happy :p
yeah but they have his brothers don't they? :p

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I tend to agree, would much rather see him at centre, especially with the way Michaels is playing atm. We need to remember that he is only a young kid, once he gets more experience under his belt, he will get better.

Funny how people say our pack is crap, yet we were equal first before this round. Yes, Folau is on abit of money, but he is only going to get better, and remember the broncos get alot of marketing value out of Folau. But anyway, this is what I would like to see. see how folau goes left centre, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work, could get alot more value out of him there.

1 Hunt
2 Winterstein
3 Folau
4 Hodges
5 Michaels/Yow Yeh

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
how did michaels make qld prelim squad wtf
lol I know, what a disgrace lmao.
Hodges will most likely miss today's game, so folau will be right centre today which is good and bad because no Justin God Hodges will hurt, but folau is as good a replacement as you can get.

and za360, the broncos are not the roosters, bombing every 5th play is a stupid tactic which only hopeless teams with no real attack use.
When you have playmakers like lockyer and wallace and fullback and centres like hodges and hunt, playing the ball through the hands is easily as effective.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that it was in the 55th minute i think he scored 3 tries in 9 minutes, lolz, that's pretty impressive, close to a record for fastest hatrick which i think was in 7 minutes.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
he's doing not much today apart from picking up a big fat pay check

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
lol what are you talking about?
He was in everything today set up two tries as well, and was one of the few brisbane players who looked dangerous not to mention he was backing up from the test.
If micheals Mr I made the 25 man QLD squad but am still crap, wasn't so dreadful as he has been for the whole season broncos may of had a chance, deadset he made lyon look like inglis in top form (oh and that jamie lyon try)

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
160 Metres Gained - Most Metres on field
1 Line Break
3 Hitups
9 Tackles
1 Offload
Setup two tries.

so yes he did much. (Folau)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status