Peter Wallace, Steve Michaels re-sign; Ben T'eo joins

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
THE Broncos have taken steps to ensure they are competitive post-Wayne Bennett by signing youngsters Peter Wallace, Steve Michaels and Ben Te'o. The club has also locked up some of the best talent in the National Youth Competition with the retention of under-20 players Gerard Beale, Josh Hoffman, Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Will Tupou and Jharal Yow Yeh.

Wallace's three-year contract extension will tie him to the Broncos until the end of the 2012 season.

Michaels has re-signed for two years and Wests Tigers player Te'o, who went to school at Keebra Park High, will return to Queensland on a one-year deal.

Bronc os chief executive Bruno Cullen said: "Peter Wallace has done everything right since he moved up here this season (from Penrith) and we obviously see him as a player who has an important future at this club.

"Although Steve Michaels has suffered a serious injury this year, his new deal is a sign of the faith we have in his career continuing on an upward path.

"And with Tonie Carroll moving on into retirement at the end of this year, Ben Te'o is going to fill an important role as a wide-running forward for us.

All seven of the Toyota Cup players, including NRL debutants Hoffman and McCullough, have been re-signed for a further two years.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24023605-5003409,00.html
Nice re-signings to compliment Folau and T'eo.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good re-signing of Wallace but I don't rate T'eo the way everyone else does.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good signing in T'eo. He is very inconsistent, and still has alot of work to do, but he is talented and may fulfill his potential in Brisbane. Interesting that it was only a one year deal though.

Also, I rated Michaels quite highly before his injury. He will be on the wing if the team is full strength with Falou and Hodges in the centres which is unfortunate for him as he would prefer to play in the cnetres, but I hope he recovers fully from that injury because I think he is a good player.

And upgrading Wallace so soon was a sign of good faith by the Broncos. They could have easily let him play on his current contract but decided to boost it so he gets closer to his worth.

Still, the losses of Hannant and Ennis will hurt them I feel. Lucky for us though!

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Good signing in T'eo. He is very inconsistent, and still has alot of work to do, but he is talented and may fulfill his potential in Brisbane. Interesting that it was only a one year deal though.

Also, I rated Michaels quite highly before his injury. He will be on the wing if the team is full strength with Falou and Hodges in the centres which is unfortunate for him as he would prefer to play in the cnetres, but I hope he recovers fully from that injury because I think he is a good player.

And upgrading Wallace so soon was a sign of good faith by the Broncos. They could have easily let him play on his current contract but decided to boost it so he gets closer to his worth.

Still, the losses of Hannant and Ennis will hurt them I feel. Lucky for us though!
also, darius boyd a big chance now on signing with the dragons, ( gasnier leaving, also morris with us ). Broncos re-signing Michaels just shows that they havnt made a serious big to keep Boyd.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
also, darius boyd a big chance now on signing with the dragons, ( gasnier leaving, also morris with us ). Broncos re-signing Michaels just shows that they havnt made a serious big to keep Boyd.
I don't know what is happening with Boyd. It is rumoured that he is going to Saints but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I am pretty sure the Broncos re-signed him, but said if he recieves a bigger offer from other clubs, they won't stand in his way and he is free to go.

Quite strange.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

they are risking signing michaels again after his injury and teo needs a manager he has negotitated nothing himself one year big deal.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great to see Wallace staying, he was a must to keep. Havent seen much of T'eo, hopefully he proves to be a good buy.

X

XxFoVoSxX

fark they got two of the most damaging centres.. folau and hodges... now thats a scary thought entering a game...

teo.. eh he is alright.. could play much better imo...

i wouldnt mind doggies signing boyd.. we need depth in our backline

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
folau hasn't done much in the last few games though, the broncos won't be that hard to beat next year, they lose a lot of mongrel in their forward pack (hannant and carroll gone) and i don't think teo is gonna fill carroll's shoes well.

they'll probably have one of if not the best backline next year, but we'll have an all-round team which is definitely capable of knocking brisbane down

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
good signings, loss of ennis will hurt, but pj marsh is good player, gun backline. forwards may be a concern but still good team for 09 not good as dogs lmao :P

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
folau hasn't done much in the last few games though, the broncos won't be that hard to beat next year, they lose a lot of mongrel in their forward pack (hannant and carroll gone) and i don't think teo is gonna fill carroll's shoes well.

they'll probably have one of if not the best backline next year, but we'll have an all-round team which is definitely capable of knocking brisbane down
Agreed. They've lost alot of forwards these past couple of years. Civonaceva, Hannant, Ennis. HUGE void to fill IMO.

I'm surprised at Brisbane management TBH. I can't believe they got suckered into the hype and paid roughly 400K for a centre at the expense of one of the form Hookers of the NRL and a SOO rep. Amongst others.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Folau was not worth sacrificing those other players, they lost out bigtime.

Also lol @ the name Jharal Yow Yeh - no racial offense but I hope he plays first grade pretty soon. I would love to hear Ray Warren commentate when he makes a line break - "Here goes Yow Yeh!, Yow Yeh, Yow Yeh, Yow YeH!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.