Is State of Origin fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Bird getting MoM in game 1 was clearly just the selectors trying to justify their decision to play him at 5/8 - He's proved tonight how much of a farce that was lol

Your talking crazy talk Bird is clearly a 5/8 :whacky:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ye$ it i$ fixed.

International cricket has been fixed. Serie A soccer has been fixed. It's very naive to think that Aussie Rugby League can't be fixed.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you guys really care? I ask this question being totally serious because I don't care if we never play another origin game, I am well and truly over it. For years my only concern was bulldog injuries now I couldn't care if I miss a game. I think some people just enjoy the party and don't care much about the footy.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes of course
every once in a while a team will win 2-0 up to break the decider trend but it's obv fixed

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
sometimes i wonder about that also. 2-0 coming to Sydney they would be lucky to get 50,000 at anz.
If they have a dead rubber it should be held at the sfs. 3 weeks to fill the ground shouldn't be hard at all with the right marketing. There's only abt 20k general public tix to sell anyway. The atmosphere will be so much better than 50k at GayNZ

** and rodzilla, how prophetic u were with the initial post ;)

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
Ye$ it i$ fixed.

International cricket has been fixed. Serie A soccer has been fixed. It's very naive to think that Aussie Rugby League can't be fixed.
Not to mention the NBA and Tennis

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They probably are fixing the origin series because why would you play a dead rubber at the Telstra Dome in 2006. It had to be fixed because the series was tied at 1 all and game 3 was in Melbourne.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anybody see Gallop being interviewed I think it was the Sunday Footy Show and he said of course he would like QLD to win the second SOO and Andrew Johns said well you can fix that can't you or words to that effect.

Jeffro

Waterboy
Reaction score
You seriously believe this is rigged? It's the most passionate series of games all year. Quite simply NSW were more mentally and physically committed in game 1, QLD in game 2.

Walk up and ask the 2 coaches or any of the players if they lied down because it wasn't their turn to win and see what response you get.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
yes it is, there was no way NSW could not have scored a try in that 2nd half, and one way to show that they were not taking it so serious was the way matt cooper laughed off a mistake he made, & also sever poor handling skills which looked like they were pre-meditated

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think so. Maybe some players would agree to it. But there is NO way that Mal would, or even Craig. I dont see it.

Why is it so hard to believe that QLD just played better (they always play better in QLD, and craphouse at ANZ)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
One of the stupidest theories i've ever heard is that somehow origin is rigged.

Someone please tell me how you could possibly rig it and count on the 50+ people involved from coaching to trainers to players to keep quiet.

The roosters couldnt score against Manly - does that mean that game was rigged? Honestly people need to get out more.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Someone please tell me how you could possibly rig it and count on the 50+ people involved from coaching to trainers to players to keep quiet.

The roosters couldnt score against Manly - does that mean that game was rigged? Honestly people need to get out more.
Stevie. NBA, International Cricket, International Tennis and Serie A soccer all dwarf Australian Rugby League yet they were all fixed at one time. It can only take one player or official. It's not that hard or unbelieveable.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I believe it can easily be done - all it takes is for someone to approach Gasnier, and offer him $xx,xxx to let Inglis run through him all night, no one else need know about it.

But in saying that, i think it is very unlikely, no one wants to lose origin.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I believe it can easily be done - all it takes is for someone to approach Gasnier, and offer him $xx,xxx to let Inglis run through him all night, no one else need know about it.

But in saying that, i think it is very unlikely, no one wants to lose origin.
i dont hink gasnier could have played that ****, he was instructed to do so imo. if he plays to his potential, he comes out on top and as was the case in origin 1, he was a handful for inglis & QLD's defence..

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont hink gasnier could have played that ****, he was instructed to do so imo. if he plays to his potential, he comes out on top and as was the case in origin 1, he was a handful for inglis & QLD's defence..
but dont forget gasnier was carrying an injury coming into this game. its not that hard to believe that he couldnt handle Inglis. They shoudve put cooper on him.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol seriously its not fixed..

NSW were the better team in game 1, qld made a few changes and turned it around in game 2. We can see through the history of origin how close it is, its not fixed.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think you would realy need any players involved if you did want to fix it. I reccon officials would be more open to a bribe they have to be on a lot less than all those stars running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.