Canterbury Bronco$

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
everyone uses figures, i don't know exactly what haz and utai are on but no one knows exactly what folau, price, asotasi, shrek, anasta etc are on, but everyone seems to use them anyway
The last figure offered to Utai seemed to be around the 200K mark, i'm pretty darn sure there are wingers earning more than that, same with Haz.

long term contract = asking for trouble, this is my opinion and it will always be my opinion, i think the roosters recently made a mistake with pearce aswell
And its trouble if you don't...If Storm signed Inglis for a short term contract, he could bump up his asking price everytime it came to a contract negotiation

um no, i was saying the other 3 were more likely then anasta, lol, i may be wrong but wern't asotasi, anasta, mason and sonny all off contract in 2005 ? could be wrong
No Asotasi was off contract in 2006, Mason and Anasta in 2005, SBW in 2007...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i didn't read the whole thread :o just the first few and last few :o

to me, both situations are similar

bulldogs/roosters:

bulldogs made mistakes and thus lost players
roosters signed bulldogs players to get better

Broncos/bulldogs

broncos made mistakes and thus lost players
bulldogs signed broncos players to get better
There is a difference. We bought players and got better.....Rorters bought our players years ago, and are not better! What have they done since they got all the dogs hand-me-downs, starting with Anasta? They are no where as good as the 2002 Rorters who had no ex dogs.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Ben Hannant
Michael Ennis
David Stagg
Greg Eastwood

And you guys whinge about the Roo$ter$

Go the Canterbury Bronco$! :grinning:
Roosters have done it for years though. We'll do it once.

I don't like it though and Moore and Co. should have considered what buying so many imports would do to our image. It's good having some new faces and we needed them badly but it goes against what we've believed in as a club all this time. I only think half of the recruits were necessary tbh. The core group of Hannant, Ennis, Kimmorley and Morris in the key positions we were lacking.

Now we've bought another backrower. They say he's a utility but he can only really play back row well.

They've gone overboard IMO.

Who else felt strange watching last saturday? It was odd watching a Bulldogs team with so many debutants but we'll get used to it.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
LOL. Poor Brisbane fans. Forced to defend their club's complete mismanagement of the Cap and mistakes.
I dont defend it, but only when it comes to Ennis and Kemp, frankly the others who have left I dont really care.

I never rated/liked Hannant(although he was starting to go alright), Stagg, or Eastwood, but I bet now they are at another club they'll be amazing haha.

Seriously its 4 players, thats like nothing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont defend it, but only when it comes to Ennis and Kemp, frankly the others who have left I dont really care.

I never rated/liked Hannant, Stagg, or Eastwood, but I bet now they are at another club they'll be amazing haha.

Boyd (Origin winger who can also play centre and fullback)
Ennis (future Origin hooker)
Hannant (Origin prop)
Kemp (Leading Try Scorer last year who can also play fullback and kick goals)
Stagg (Origin secdond rower who can play multiple positions)
Eastwood (NZ Rep who can play multiple positions)
Moon (Good young talented player who won man of the match last week for NZ and can play multiple positions)

You take 7 key players out of a team like that, 6 of whom played regularly and some of whom are in key poistions that can't be replaced and your squad gets decimated.

All you got in return is a 450k centre and 2 second rowers.

It is a big deal and the Broncos lost out big time and made a series of very bad decisions.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score

I never rated/liked Hannant(although he was starting to go alright), Stagg, or Eastwood, but I bet now they are at another club they'll be amazing haha.

Moon is already a quality player with lots of improvement in him. He'll be a star in Auckland. Kemp too probably.

Ennis is in the top 4 hookers and Hannant is a very good prop. Maybe not as good as Clinton though LOL (note: sarcasm)

Stagg was let go in favour of players like Te'o and Setu. I didn't even realise Te'o was playing on friday night tbh and Setu is pretty good but I don't know if he's better than Stagg.

Eastwood I agree with you on.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the bulldogs go well this year, you know why ;)

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could also say because the ex-bronco players played well..

B

Billy Ngawini

lol like that ex rooster hannant

go blow your load over a 450k centre

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is a big deal and the Broncos lost out big time and made a series of very bad decisions.
They got sucked into the Folau hype BIG TIME. Forwards win you games. To lose Ennis and/or Hannant to accomodate a centre is plain stupid. Regardless of all the hype around him.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
cmon boys

what is worse

Folau 450k

Pearce 400k
LOL. Touche!

It sounds like I'm putting crap on the Broncos but I'm not. I respect the Broncos club, not some of their inbred, redneck fans though, and never put crap on them but paying 450K a season, or anywhere near that figure, for a centre is just plain stupid.

B

Billy Ngawini

they are going to lose ***** too.

maybe they could chase abusson he must be worth at least 300k

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Folau is one of the best players in the game, and will only get better. Whether he is worth the price we paid for him is up for debate, thats not really the issue here. At the end of the day, you have bought 4 broncos in a single season. There are 15 other clubs you can get players from. Why they were let go is another issue, the dogs didnt have to buy them.

Although the broncos have won the most premierships vs yrs in the comp, so its a good way to buy a premiership, isnt that what the roosters apparently do?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Folau is one of the best players in the game, and will only get better. Whether he is worth the price we paid for him is up for debate, thats not really the issue here. At the end of the day, you have bought 4 broncos in a single season. There are 15 other clubs you can get players from. Why they were let go is another issue, the dogs didnt have to buy them.

Although the broncos have won the most premierships vs yrs in the comp, so its a good way to buy a premiership, isnt that what the roosters apparently do?
No, its what the Roosters failed to do. Bought all the players AFTER thier 2002 premiership win, and it got them nowhere at all and they are going downhill.

B

Billy Ngawini

lol

please continue defending the dumbest signing since 400k pearce.

p.s are you sub

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Folau is one of the best players in the game, and will only get better. Whether he is worth the price we paid for him is up for debate
He isn't. No centre in the world is worth that price tag.

thats not really the issue here.
Evidently it is.

At the end of the day, you have bought 4 broncos in a single season. There are 15 other clubs you can get players from.
Yes but those 4 players were on the open market. We bought other players from other clubs too so that point of yours is invalid.

Why they were let go is another issue
Ask Folau...

the dogs didnt have to buy them.
LOL. We didn't have to buy them? Wanna re-phrase that or take that back?

Being a one city team and being owned by a multi billionaire who controls the worlds media also helps. There's that Broncos supporters modesty we all love....

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im just raising the point that bulldogs supporters in general have been so upset about the Roosters buying all their players, yet the Bulldogs turn around and do the same thing. I understand that buying players is part of the game, but 4 players in a single season from one club? The reason behind losing those players isnt the issue, the issue is the dogs buying most of them. One or 2 ok but 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.