Eels won't fight for Tony Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels won't fight for Tony Williams

By Dean Ritchie | June 09, 2008 12:00am

PARRAMATTA claimed last night the club would not attempt to re-sign rising star Tony Williams, who has agreed to play the next three years with Manly.
There was speculation yesterday that the Eels may make a last-ditch bid for Williams, who cannot officially sign with Manly until after 13 June.

Luke Lewis used the same NRL clause to renege on his Souths deal to remain with the Panthers.

Williams emerged as a future star with a blockbusting performance in Parramatta's 30-12 win over Canberra at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday night.

Asked would the Eels make a late play for Williams, coach Michael Hagan said: "I don't know we're in a position to do that.

"We have made other commitments for players for next season."

Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said talk of his club approaching Williams again was "news to me".

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the Eels will not counter offer, which means its offical Tony Williams will offically be a Sea Eagle next season.

Now what do the eels do?

play him in 1st grade or leave him in toyota cup?

K

kennyy

Leave him in Toyota cup. They have put alot of time and effort into him...why help manly

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
stupid eels.. release grothe the useless funt and re-sign williams

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the Eels will not counter offer, which means its offical Tony Williams will offically be a Sea Eagle next season.

Now what do the eels do?

play him in 1st grade or leave him in toyota cup?
This will come down to one thing....

Can Williams help Parramatta to win a premiership? If they can get any use out of him this season, they would be crazy to leave him in the Toyota Cup because he has signed with Manly for NEXT season.

I am pretty sure the club is also concerned about the here and now. He made an impressive debut and performances like, that while it may be disheartening to the fans...may help Parra for 2008.

With guys like Mateo, Inu, and Hayne in their squad...another good player will help their cause.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

why would you want a player that does not want to be with you.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's the Poly flavour of the month atm.

next one will be Joe Tomane

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are the Broncos going to drop Hannant and Ennis because they signed with the dogs? No because they are an important part of winning the title this year. Panthers dropped Wallace last season and that didnt help them, and it didnt affect wallace his the nsw half-back now.

Eels will keep him in first grade.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant believe they are letting him go.whats there master plan?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
agreed...lol

Joe is the next Israel btw and will take Israel's spot next year in the Storm.
watched joe play schoolboys v samoa at viking park last year alongside matt toomua who has played super 14 for brumbies

he carved up in the first half then did nothing in the 2nd.

no where near the size of izzy but is still growing...well both are lol

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
watched joe play schoolboys v samoa at viking park last year alongside matt toomua who has played super 14 for brumbies

he carved up in the first half then did nothing in the 2nd.

no where near the size of izzy but is still growing...well both are lol
Yeah me personally dont rate him as good as izzy but Joe is a very good prospect.

The only player ive really seen that is Similar to Israel is Jammal Idris, very similar.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
to think this is jamals first full on season of rep footy its unbelievable how well he has gone.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to think this is jamals first full on season of rep footy its unbelievable how well he has gone.
i just hope the bulldogs hang on to him, he can be something special for this team next season. Good luck to Jammal because he and benny barba are starting a Cronk-Izzy combo, where barba uses the cross field kicks to jammal when 20m out, always works.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wanna see more of Jamal. Im yet to see him carve up in under 20's. Hopefully should see the weekends game on wednesday and see what he's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.