Brisbane Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many Origins players did you have out this year?

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Umm I have no idea, not as much as usual, like 5 or something throughout the series. I wasn't blaming it on Origin, I was just saying thats the time it all started.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
If the broncos come good in time for the finals they will be hard to stop by the top half of the ladder considering the majority of teams in the 8 bar dragons and dogs are on the same level. I'm not ready to write off the broncs just yet

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Actually 7. But the players who did play got ****ed by injury so we ended up with like 5 lol. Also Origin is a very valid excuse. The competition is very close these days, losing 5-7 players for 3 games a year not including injury and suspension from these games which means you lose about 5 of them for 6+ games a year makes it very hard in Origin time.

Lets hope next year only 1 Bronco makes it :grinning:

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
If the broncos come good in time for the finals they will be hard to stop by the top half of the ladder considering the majority of teams in the 8 bar dragons and dogs are on the same level. I'm not ready to write off the broncs just yet
I still believe we can win the comp if we get to the finals. To get to the finals we will have to hit some form and win at least 4 from the next 6 games. If we do that then that would mean come finals time we're in form and on a roll. We also get 6 of our players back next week so that will be a HUGE boost :grinning:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Umm I have no idea, not as much as usual, like 5 or something throughout the series. I wasn't blaming it on Origin, I was just saying thats the time it all started.
Was more a question, you follow the team and i did not know so i asked

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
No we didn't, IMO we were lucky we won so many games.

I think we have been playing like crap all year.
I dont think we've been our best but I dont think we were crap all year. I mean we were certainly in a better position than we are now, we defininately weren't playing like we are now anyways.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
tbh, the standard of competition has been crap this year. Pretty much only 5 qaulity teams in the comp, the rest are rubbish (or have been at stages this year)

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their FOR/AGAINST is pretty funny.

The Bulldogs are 204 points better off than the Broncos. (That equates to 34 converted tries better than the Broncos!)

Only the Roosters have conceded more points (464) to the Broncos 454.
the Broncos for and against looks like our u20s lol

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
well the FA means we'll have to be one win ahead to make the top 8.
If we get 5 40 point wins in a row then our FA will be good enough to put us ahead and it will mean our form is good enough for the finals.

Anyway enough **** speaking LOL.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The Broncos will never be a quality side if they can't attack from dummy half.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
It just means the other teams are as rubbish. This is a reason why this top 8 finals system is pathetic.

A team who is this poor should not have the right to be close to a finals berth.
Exactly. When teams with a 50% average can make the finals, it's a tragic system tbh but it also keeps fans interested so I don't know if I'd change it.

P.S: Watching Brisbane has amused me lately. They have been diabolical. Like the Bulldogs were last year letting in cricket scores. It goes to show that every team is susceptible to becoming hopeless when they lose a bunch of their better players.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can get Hunt/Folau/Hodges/Lockyer on the the park at the same time, we will be alot more dangerous. Last time they played together we were leading the comp and competition favourates. We are a long way from that atm, but we are getting everyone back this week except Izzy, so will see how we go against the Raiders.

Optimitic I know, but sometimes you have to be.. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.