Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
McGuire Gets First Start
Trad McLean
Bronco Media

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

JOSH McGuire has been rewarded for a valiant effort last week by getting his first starting berth in the NRL.

McGuire was the Broncos’ best in a badly-beaten side last week, and coach Ivan Henjak rewarded him today by naming the young prop in the number 10 jersey for Friday’s crunch clash with the Bulldogs.

The 19-year-old will partner Nick Kenny in the Suncorp Stadium match, with David Taylor relegated to the bench after starting against the Storm.

Jharal Yow Yeh keeps his spot on the wing with Justin Hodges out for a month with a knee ligament injury.

Israel Folau will again deputise in the centres.

Darren Lockyer missed the Melbourne match with soreness associated with the Origin opener, but is back in the team.

He was named alongside the other five Origin players, who have all been quarantined from the rest of the Broncos squad while they are tested for swine flu.

Queensland player Ben Hannant tested positive to the virus at the weekend.

Personality player Palmer Wapau has also earned a recall to Henjak’s 19-man squad after a strong performance for affiliate club Redcliffe at the weekend.

Team to pay Bulldogs
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer ©
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Ben Te’o
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Alex Glenn
15. Lagi Setu
16. Ashton Sims
17. Palmer Wapau
18. PJ Marsh
19. David Taylor
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=17208

Hopefully a dose of swine flu makes some of those reserves starters!!!

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fear nothing in that team.

The only real threat I see is Lockyer and Folau(on their day) along with Sam Thaiday on the edges.

We SHOULD beat them and imo beat them well but we'll see.

We need to prove we are a top class outfit by bouncing back after a disappointing loss. Same could be said for them but I don't think they have the pack to be a threat.

-313-

they are coming of a bad loss, and playing in Brisbane... this would be a tough game.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I rate Josh McGuire. Big unit.

I think we could get done by this team tbh, that game they played v Storm reallyt means nothing if their big guns play.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very Beatable... The result will depend on us - We play to our ability we win...

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate Josh McGuire. Big unit.

I think we could get done by this team tbh, that game they played v Storm reallyt means nothing if their big guns play.
LOL. No way.

Did you see that performance against Melbourne? things don't go that good that quickly especially when your top players aren't even training.

We have no excuse to lose this game.

2 weeks preparation, everyone's fresh and it's our best team we can possibly field.

If we can't do it against an underdone Brisbane team, then you can question us as genuine premiership contenders tbh.

But we wont get done. We will win!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
broncos don't have their 'god' so they'll lose :p

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should smash them, we need to remember the Dragons video ref decision.
We will always get the short straw and they hate to see us kick ass.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I flew down for the origin, then went and watched the broncos against the storm.. terrible performance from the boys. If they play like that again we will get 50 put on us. Im expecting the broncos to bounce back strongly tho..whether or not it will be enough is another story. Team is fairly good, would rather PJ starting hooker though. Clinton is a big loss, and Hodges is always someone you want in your team.

Ill say Broncos 1-12

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Well I was thinking broncos for sure but now with this Swine Flu bull**** (GG hannant you ****! :p)The 6 best players will only get one day of training before they play and one is not playing (clinton) the result isn't as certain for mine. Still Broncos 1-12 :grinning:

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I was thinking broncos for sure but now with this Swine Flu bull**** (GG hannant you ****! :p)The 6 best players will only get one day of training before they play and one is not playing (clinton) the result isn't as certain for mine. Still Bulldogs 1-12 :grinning:

I agree.:grinning:
Good to see we are getting along but I think we'll win 13+:D

Status
Not open for further replies.