(MERGED) all SBW to union discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Very disappointing....what a hyprocrite after criticising the way Mason left...this is all unbelievable...this is a confused kid...Is he running from something???

The NRL cannot be blamed in terms of the salary cap - we need a cap to stop clubs going broke , however I think they should let players earn as much money as they want via sponsorships - if someone like SBW is more marketable than other players, why should they have restrictions placed on them where the money comes from? why should some of the sponsorships be included in the cap?

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you know the funny thing.. his on a plane right now not knowing how this has resulted and has no idea wats going on

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ye but i bet he knew something like this was gonna happen

fracka75

New Pup
Reaction score
To me a club, a board, coaching staff, the NRL and the ARL are paid to "Build" a team and a sport. Much like a house. They call in tradesmen to do different roles, get the tradesman or company to sign contracts so that the house can get completed. If the workers break the contract they can be expected to get sued in court. Sonny was a major contractor in a building and left half way through. I'm not saying that he can't leave, everyone should have the opportunity to exert free will, but compensation should be paid to the Bulldogs, compensation should be paid to the Bulldogs sponsors who have paid a hell of a lot of money to have Sonny Bill wear there logo ect, he should also be sued by the NRL who he also hold a contract with for breaking the agreement and losing a marketable player,if we focus on Potential earning/ for these groups in in a class action I beleive Sonny might find that 3 mil might just get him through with enough left over for a cup of tea and a doughnut

Kill_Bill

Waterboy
Reaction score
just like his mate Solo and Anthony walking out in the middle of the year when they were both playing, going overseas without advising anybody

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Does anyone,Sonny Bill included,remember when St Helens tried to sign him that he said "I want to be a Bulldog for life":( ?

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
just like his mate Solo and Anthony walking out in the middle of the year when they were both playing, going overseas without advising anybody
Yeah now that you mention it!;)
I wonder if Nasser was managing them both at the time?>:(

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I realise we might eventually not be able to prevent him from playing in France,but can an injunction at least delay it?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
don't worry him and his manager won't get past quarantine the dirty, money hungry, blood sucking parasites, they'll be sent back to an angry mob with fire and pitchforks

olddogman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the tampon is gone ( in one week out for three )
Yes well said let them pay him 3 million for 2 seasons and get one in four games out of him. And when hes sick of union he should get banned for life from NRL.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Seems to me like toulon "may" be writing cheques they cant cash?1.5m for one player?Where does the money come from?France a major sporting nation?C'mon!!!:confused:
Or is this just wishfull thinking?
One question.Say it fell through,How many here,honestly,wouldnt want him back?:devil:

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
i don't give a **** if he does play in france because I sure as **** don't ever want to see him in the a bulldogs jersey or the NRL again!
Now its about sueing the arse off him, his manager, the club who sign him, his old man, the guy who drove the bus he caught to school and any other fuk that had anything to do with this. The dogs need to fight for every cent and make him play second division rugby for the next decade just to pay the legal bills!!!

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very sad news for the Bulldogs and the NRL. After everything the bulldogs have done for him, he ups and leaves halfway through a contract.

I really feel for you guys and I hope the dogs sue the crap out of him.

greekstyla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As far as i'm concerned this is the problem which plague rugby league.

The players are thick as a brick and are uneducated in the responsibilities in what they do. I'm sure if you drag a 15 year old and tell them about their responsibility they'll give you an honest answer. I don't want SBW, Gasnier as they promote themselves to the point where you begin to question a players excessive involvement in the game.

To me, Gasnier will not make it. SBW will not make it.

But what i would like to see is SBW not playing, bulldogs being compensated for it- and i mean excessive amounts and an explanation from David Gallop- as to why an a non accreditated manager was involved with a club ceo. Its about time the bulldogs are supported by the nrl.

olddogman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very sad news for the Bulldogs and the NRL. After everything the bulldogs have done for him, he ups and leaves halfway through a contract.

Thanks mate but there is life after sonny bill williams in the end no player is bigger than the club but thanks.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
half way he is 1 year into a 5 year deal......

i hope he never comes back

catixen

New Pup
Reaction score
I'm gutted, lets all turn our attention and support to the club and the rest of the players. they'll need it on monday

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
**** this jerk.

i feel like an idiot for all the times i stuck up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.