Origin pain for players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was informed last night at the QRL offices that a few players selected for the under 18s SOO curtain raiser had to hand in their kits and drop out of the team. The reason being all players have to pay for their kit which includes on field gear, tracksuits, training gear and bags.

For a series that generates $80 Million each year I find it sad that these kids from the country cannot be given their kit for free. A rough costing comes to around $600 per player for the entire kit. These kids give up enough as it is and to expect them to fork out for their kits is shocking form on behalf of the powers that be. I wonder if the NSW kids have to do the same thing?

This is another fine reason why the NRL and ARL have become a pathetic joke.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL you can't be serious?

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
highly embarrasing, honestly what a frickin joke.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL you can't be serious?
I thought it was a joke at first too...very sad to hear. This may be the one and only time these guys get to pull on the colours of the state they love and the ARL/NRL should be addressing this ASAP.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
That is disgusting!!! Even i got my kits for free when i played for the ACT in soccer when i was 15!! My god, new definition of tight arse

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah what a discrace honestly. Its not like the NRL are short of cash, and we are ment to be promoting people to play the game.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Nsw kits are supplies plus $500 cash for the players..

just goes to show even Qrl officials are rednecks too

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is like that with most sports up here, I was selected for Qld basketball and had to pay for my plane tickets, entire kits and some accommodation total of around 4 grand and it was in Perth. Needless to say I did not attend.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is disgracefull! No wonder AFL is making inroads with pathetic stuff like that happening. How much are tickets for Origin games? A bit of rough maths would mean maybe 150 people (?) out of the 52,500 attending the game would cover the young guys kits.

B

Ben Godberts.

not unusual, pro waterpolo players have to pay their airfares overseas when they are selected for their country

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
thats not a real sport though.
what an ignorant thing to say.

there's no such thing as a 'non-real' sport.

i'll be the first to say that im not a fan of water polo, but by no means would i ever degrade it, or any other sport for that matter, as not being real.

a representative player in water polo is just as talented as one playing rugby league or cricket as far as i'm concerned.

and i'm sure people wouldnt work their asses off to play for their states and countries if it wasn't a real sport.

show some respect and grow up.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
supose im in the australian karate team and i have to pay 100% for everything,,even have to pay to compete in the comp itself..

the aussie titles were in melbourne this year,,i had to pay for airfair,accom,transport,food,misc and on top of all that i had to pay to fight in the titles in which i won..

total cost to me $1100

prize winnings a $20 trophy and a bigger bill for world titles in japan next year

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The other sports mentioned dont have 52.500 people watching it at the stadium, where millions of dollars is being raised from revenue for it.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
$600 is pretty expensive for something they wont get a lot of use out of. Load of cr*p

Status
Not open for further replies.