Taylor struggling to get minutes into his legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Taylor dropped for Eels clash
April 21, 2009 - 1:44PM

Heavyweight prop Dave Taylor has been dropped for Brisbane's NRL clash with the beleaguered Parramatta Eels at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

Broncos coach Ivan Henjak says the massive 115kg Taylor, tipped in some quarters as a State of Origin bolter, is struggling to get minutes into his legs and needs to go back to the Queensland Cup.

Henjak has called up exciting forward Palmer Wapau to his interchange bench and will start the clash with youngster Andrew McCullough at hooker ahead of Aaron Gorrell.

Parramatta have been fired up by stinging criticism from former greats Brett Kenny and Ray Price following an insipid second half performance against the Bulldogs last weekend.

© 2009 AAP
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/taylor-dropped-for-eels-clash-20090421-adjx.html

What the hell?!?!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
hahaha dropped. palmer WAPOWWW

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
KE will be loving this.

Just goes to show how young and inexperienced he still is and how much improvement he has to do. He didn't look tired against Penrith though.
He is still a massive talent and does look the goods.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was he doing in the offseason ? Sitting down eating pies watching cricket ?

Hannant used to be a player who gassed quickly, look at him now.

Epic fail by Brisbanes coaching staff.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
KE will be loving this.
LOL! Has Ivan Cognac been trolling this forum?

Taylor, while is full of potential, is nowhere near as good as the people on his flavour of the month bandwagon make him out to be. Hence why I don't believe he's worth 250K ATM.

Gorrell. LOL. Nuff said on him.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
he is very unfit, needs to work on fitness. Palmer Wapau has been absolutely killing it in reserves, he defintely deserves a spot. Mccollough is a very good player, and by about round 10-12 Gorell will be dropped and Mccollough will be playing 80 minutes.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he is very unfit, needs to work on fitness. Palmer Wapau has been absolutely killing it in reserves, he defintely deserves a spot. Mccollough is a very good player, and by about round 10-12 Gorell will be dropped and Mccollough will be playing 80 minutes.
Why was that dud Gorrell even considered as an option at nine let alone signed? Where's Peter John?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe he feels like he should give the Eels a chance to win?

After all a full strength Broncos will put 50 on the Eels.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a surprise. he cannot complain tho as bennet dropped him as well..full of potential, what does this guy miss

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way McCollough is playing, he'll be QLD hooker once Smith gets injured/retires tbh.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Wapau has some wraps on him and Brisbane fans have been waiting to see him the top grade, im looking forward to see how he goes. Taylor is young and will learn from this but i dont think he should of been dropped.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he looks alright for me taylor

anyways i like wapau....

because hes cheap and good value in rugby league 2 world cup edition lol

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
The way McCollough is playing, he'll be QLD hooker once Smith gets injured/retires tbh.
I agree, I think McCollough has a huge future and provided he has a good attitude and works hard (which he has shown he has so far) I think he can be a star no.9 within 2 years time.

Taylor has a **** attitude, and wanted to punch on with webcke in a training session earlier this year, there's a good reason bennett hardly ever played him, he needs a huge attitude adjustment and I wouldn't be dissapointed if he left the broncos.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe he feels like he should give the Eels a chance to win?

After all a full strength Broncos will put 50 on the Eels.
Ye they would do that in the first half and then concede 30 in the next half

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taylor is a great talent no doubt, but dropping him back to qld cup wont do him harm. He tends to get abit 'cocky'. If he wants a position in the team, he has to work for it.
Looking forward to seeing Wapau play.

Gorrell has been ok, but you really notice the difference when McCollough comes on, so much more to his game. Gorrell tends to just pick up and pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.