Israel Folau

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billiris

Guys does anyone actually believe that israel Folau is that good? If I was that big/fast and born like that naturally I'd also be doing the aparently "freakish" things hes doing. He hasnt got a good step, hes defence is poor and all or most of his tries come from bombs, up against opponents half his size. I mean c'mon guys hes got to be one of the most overrated players in the NRL. What do you think?

bdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
and the slowest, remember when heka mowed him down.

but he sure can jump

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've held that opinion since he first started. Any attacking winger has a HUGE advanatage over a stationery defender when it comes to bombs. The 'attacker' can have a run off/leap, be it a small one, where as the defender just has to stand there and try to catch it.

Israel is known for his bomb taking abilitites but he's also known for his strength. He has strength so I'll give him that. He still is one of the best centres in the game though. Not that we have many great centres anyway.

If Brisbane are paying him roughly 400K a season, then how much would they pay for Inglis? 1.4 Mill?

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
Very overrated an i've been shot down for saying it.

His height advantage is all he has. Big deal.

Junior DJ

Frank The Tank
Reaction score
Still only young , Over-rated at the moment though .

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree.

Folau has solid footwork, great strength, good pace and is just an overall hand-full with the ball in hand, and from what I've seen his defence is good. And no, he doesn't just score from his height advantage from bombs, his charges close to the line are often unstoppable. He's 19, great talent.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he scored 2 tries yesterady and they werent from bombs or simple catch and score. He used his sheer strenth 2 get past defenders and some how still got the ball down with 2/3 blokes on him.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His one of the best talents in the game, hardly overrated.

bdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree.

Folau has solid footwork, great strength, good pace and is just an overall hand-full with the ball in hand, and from what I've seen his defence is good. And no, he doesn't just score from his height advantage from bombs, his charges close to the line are often unstoppable. He's 19, great talent.
when have you seen this good pace

i remember one try from 30 metres plus, the rest are nearly all from inside 10 metres

B

billiris

he scored those tries because of his height advantage and because hes simply too big. He might be strong but there are players out there with strength double what he has. Anyone that big would be unstoppable near the line.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
when have you seen this good pace

i remember one try from 30 metres plus, the rest are nearly all from inside 10 metres
Mate if you think Israel has no pace and is overrated then your simply an idiot. And I'll leave it at that cos its not worth arguing with someone with the narrow minded views that you have. I'm sure your just another jealous Bulldogs fan.

bdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate if you think Israel has no pace and is overrated then your simply an idiot. And I'll leave it at that cos its not worth arguing with someone with the narrow minded views that you have. I'm sure your just another jealous Bulldogs fan.
So what your saying is you have never seen him in open space?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate if you think Israel has no pace and is overrated then your simply an idiot.
So if you don't adore him and suck him off you're an idiot?

Over rated means he gets too much credit or his skills are exaggerated, it doesn't mean he's crap.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure if Folau was playing for ne other team than melbourne he would be thought of as crap, not crap but hardly rated.

lucky for him he signed with brisbane who will be able to continue making him look good

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
all his tries are scored only a few metres away from the tryline because he aint got no pace. All they do is stick bombs up to his wing so he scores.

B

billiris

Ok your telling me if he marked up against somebody as big and as tall as himself every week he'd be scoring those tries? I am a bulldogs fan and I aint jealous moe. Im just stating what a lot of people obviously think. Your entitled to your opinion and I am also. but you cant seriously tell me that Israel Folau is that good given his height advantage and the size of him. Give it up buddy.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So what your saying is you have never seen him in open space?
He's obviously not the quickest outside back in the game, but he does have pace. He's faster than many others.

So if you don't adore him and suck him off you're an idiot?

Over rated means he gets too much credit or his skills are exaggerated, it doesn't mean he's crap.
Haha. I know that.

Folau has size, strength, speed, footwork, great ball skills and solid defence. There is nothing more you could ask for in a centre, hence why he is one of, if not the most dominant centre in the world. For you all to come out saying how overrated he is, is simply moronic and ignorant. The Broncos have paid him alot and they will get every cents worth in him.

B

billiris

He's obviously not the quickest outside back in the game, but he does have pace. He's faster than many others.

Haha. I know that.

Folau has size, strength, speed, footwork, great ball skills and solid defence. There is nothing more you could ask for in a centre, hence why he is one of, if not the most dominant centre in the world. For you all to come out saying how overrated he is, is simply moronic and ignorant. The Broncos have paid him alot and they will get every cents worth in him.

alrite mate go suck him off

Status
Not open for further replies.