What?

8- Hannant
9- Ennis
10- Hodgson

is MUCH better than:

8- Kenny
9- Gorrell
10- Clinton
Your right the bulldogs pack is better, But i think Kenny is just as good as Hannant both very tough experienced players, and Clinton and Hodgson are about par with each other, Clinton played well Friday night and if he can continue that form he will be a effective front rower.

But Ennis ****s all over Gorell, But then again Gorell does the job.

The Bulldogs and Broncos are very equally talented sides this year, Barring injuries.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs and Broncos are very equally talented sides this year, Barring injuries.
That's both our team's problem. Front row depth. Both kind of skinny.

Shawty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's both our team's problem. Front row depth. Both kind of skinny.
Your not wrong there, Gonna be hoping the young boys can pull through if needed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
bruno cullen was quoted as saying it was no where near the reported figure, now i do know your next post will be somthing like: of cource the ceo would say that etc, but really, i'd take his word over the australian media. i realise that news LTD own both but that doesn't mean the journalist know about every contract.
Well just look at who they let go last season (Boyd, Moon, Stagg, Kemp, Hannant, Ennis, Eastwood) to stay under the cap so they could bring in only Falou, Teo, Setu and Gorrell as new signings.

Falou alone must have cost them the chance of re-signing Ennis and Hannant if you look at it logically and ignore figures.

That is a pretty bad choice. Get rid of one of the best young props who played Origin and one of the best young hookers who will play Origin for a good young centre who plays for QLD and Australia.

I know I'm glad my club didn't make that dreadful decision and didn't let go those other 5 good players who are all young and have their best years ahead of them.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your right the bulldogs pack is better, But i think Kenny is just as good as Hannant both very tough experienced players, and Clinton and Hodgson are about par with each other, Clinton played well Friday night and if he can continue that form he will be a effective front rower.

But Ennis ****s all over Gorell, But then again Gorell does the job.

Thing is, if they didn't waste all their cash on Folau, they would've retained most of their players, including Kemp and maybe Boyd, and had a squad that would challenge heavily for the premiership, they almost knocked Storm away in a semi last year.

That and if they did manage to keep Boyd and Kemp, they'd have some depth given that their current two youngsters are doing alright, however if said youngsters get injured + 1 of their 2 centres (Hodges and Folau), they ain't gonna do well at all.

Whereas last year they would've handled injuries in the backline fairly okay, as long as it wasn't a bombardment of injuries

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shame some people cant have a discussion and just throw up personal insults.

And yeah i understand about mason, however myles, anasta and that were off contract and signed with the roosters. Very hypocritical. Its ok for the bulldogs but not the roosters.
because the Roosters fit all these players along with their current stars, while we aren't capable of replacing them.

That and the Roosters always hunt after the newest superstar, they did it to Inu and Folau in 2008 as well, they just failed miserably and you'd bet they'll go after Hunt ASAP.

Roosters don't just steal from us, they steal from everyone

Now as good as Kimmorley, Hannant and Ennis are, they clearly aren't the 400k superstars that the Roosters look for, not to mention Stagg, Eastwood certainly aren't with the latter only coming because his visa was refused.

Throw in Morris and Goodwin, and they definitely wouldn't be on the same money as Anasta, Myles.

What irks most of us, is that the Roosters can somehow offer these guys so much more money than we can, yet have a team stacked with these kinda players.

The only good thing that comes out is that karma is a total b!tch, and the Roosters haven't done sh!t since 2004

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We basically only recruited ennis and hannant from the broncos. Stagg was released because he didn't have permanent position and looked elsewhere, and Eastwood was released to be a rhino. The rest were unwanted by clubs and the bulldogs just recruited them. Broncos had fairly good team last season and paying overs for falou wasn't worth losing ennis, hannant, stagg, eastwood, moon, boyd, kemp. My god that's some quality players.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Last time I checked we had to let go of close to a 2 million dollars worth of talent to rebuild this team...

'CAN YOU HEAR THE ROOSTERS SING? NOO NOO
CAN YOU HEAR THE ROOSTERS SING? nOO NOO
CAN YOU HEAR THE ROOSTERS SING CAN YOU HEAR THOSE F*&^ers sing,
go home, cocks'

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gaza Strip Folau.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone mention that Matt has at least 4 Broncos from other clubs in his sig pic? I only read a page or so after he started being critical so don't know if someone mentioned it later.

I can't recognise one of the guys but he has P.J. Marsh (may have originally come from Brisbane?), Joel Clinton (from Penrith), Peter Wallace (from Penrith) and Ashton Sims (from St.Geo-Illa).

I just thought it was rather ironic.

I joke about us being the Canterbury Broncos anyway though, so I don't mind others saying it.
Im not being critical of a team buying players, thats all part of the game. Those players in my sig are from various different clubs anyway. Im just trying to see the difference between the bulldogs buying broncos players, and the roosters buying bulldogs players. Sure, the dogs are re-building etc, but you can hardly use the 'bred not bought' slogan anymore.

We have lost some good players, probably partly due to folau. But it gives the chance for our young players to come through, which is what you want. Guys like Kenny, Mccullough, Dave Taylor etc.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But you can hardly use the 'bred not bought' slogan anymore.
Oh, my. Please, outside of that Bulldogs/Roosters match last season, tell me when that slogan was last used.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah i might hey, shame you cant have a discussion on here without having everyone insult you because you have a difference of opinion. Isnt that what forums are for?

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
This thread is still going? Who gives a ****.
Trades happen, even though i agree there is certainly a level of hypocrisy in this forum about the issue, I don't think it's worth arguing/sooking over.

p.s It's the kennel, if you're against the majority you'll get personal insults for sure lol

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was still used yeah?
No. It was used one time to sell t-shirts. T-shirts which made the club money. The club made those t-shirt to make money. They made money of the t-shirts. T-shirts were never meant to be taken literally. T-shirts were just another way of making money.

Capital T. Shirts.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah well like i said, i just wanted to have a discussion about a topic. I dont expect everyone to agree with me, but theres no real need for insults. Difference of opinion is what makes things interesting and generates discussion.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah i might hey, shame you cant have a discussion on here without having everyone insult you because you have a difference of opinion. Isnt that what forums are for?
Im just racist against all oposition supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.