who should be the 17th team?

Which franchise should be the 17th team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The teams out of the question for the time being are a NZ, PNG and Adelaide team. The NRL wont risk it at this point in time, unless they get a kick a55 tv rights deal then maybe they might. Has to be a team either in QLD or Perth.

F

fredie

it really needs another brisbane or queensland team . thats where alot of the juniors are . stuff the the bwanko's. bring back the south queensland crushers

RowdyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No more teams. 16 is a good round number and the spread of talent makes for a good standard of footy - any more teams and the talent gets spread out further, reducing the standard.

But ... if a current club folds or relocates, then either the central coast or west of Brisbane (Ipswich/Toowoomba)

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How about no teams and sticking to our current 16??

All this talk of expansion - WTF for? The NRL is piss poor when it comes to passion. How about focusing on the passion and support for each individual club first??

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
West Brisbane (Toowoomba, Ipswich, Springfield).

Growing population, high participation and love for rugby league, already has the transport infrastructure.. etc

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
If the nrl are going to be serious about expanding the game it has to be perth.
The central coast will only get a team if someone relocates there like the sharks or souths.
We already have enough teams here and in queensland.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
central coast already objected following a relocated team. They want their own team.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
If the nrl are going to be serious about expanding the game it has to be perth.

We already have enough teams here and in queensland.
Totally agree.

With a team based in Perth and an entirely new viewing audience that comes with it, that can only increase the value of our next TV rights deal.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y not have the nrl then a 2nd tier competion, like the premier league??? Who ever come last in the nrl goes down 1st in the next division comes up

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright mate
that will fail
It's better then adding teams every few years...if u got sone nz teams png Perth Adelaide nt central coast couple of qld teams pacific islander team.it would add competition to stay in the nrl...

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a pacific islands team would be mint. how many players would love to have a chance to go there. and how much trouble could you get up to there ahaha lol.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y not have the nrl then a 2nd tier competion, like the premier league??? Who ever come last in the nrl goes down 1st in the next division comes up
I actually like this idea tbh.

Most European soccer comps have it and I think ESL has it.

Would work really well and would help provide more interest around the country instead of just in specific areas.

Newtown, Perth, Adelaide, C.COast, Sunshine Coast, PNG, Wellington, Pacific Islanders and other teams can be apart of this comp and the top side can get promoted and maybe the 2nd side can verse the 2nd last side in the NRL to act as relegation / promotion play off match.

Edit : How good is Afghan's opinion. Top notch man ! :D

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like this idea tbh.

Most European soccer comps have it and I think ESL has it.

Would work really well and would help provide more interest around the country instead of just in specific areas.

Newtown, Perth, Adelaide, C.COast, Sunshine Coast, PNG, Wellington, Pacific Islanders and other teams can be apart of this comp and the top side can get promoted and maybe the 2nd side can verse the 2nd last side in the NRL to act as relegation / promotion play off match.

Edit : How good is Afghan's opinion. Top notch man ! :D
I'm glad some one rated it....one person whent into great detail y they don't like it fought afghan cough....me and my mate used to say it's what australian soccer needs, and the discussion came up y nrl doesn't have it???? Surely there is more of a following here then in England.....I think it would be good for the competion, I'm not saying to put it place in the near future but at some stage

Status
Not open for further replies.