Search results

1. R

Morgan Boyle manly second rower signs with the Dogs

Is this signing actually true? Don’t see it reported anywhere.
  2. R

Social Media Willie Mason wants Dogs to sign Segeyaro

I don’t think Sege is the player he once was. Can be trouble as well. Best to avoid and rebuild with players who’ll lead us to future success.
  3. R

Official Barba starts new life as truck driver - UPDATE: Not anymore.

What a disgraceful thread this is.
  4. R

Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

I think a guy like Pay will get the best out of Napa - master of controlled aggression. I’d rather have Napa then a bloke who who doesn’t want to be here
  5. R

Roosters - How do they do it?

Suspect they’re happy to let JWH and/or Napa go and will have to let at least one of them go to make way
  6. R

How Third Party Agreements work - a business insight.

Why would player 8s contracted salary go from $400k to $150k?
  7. R

Josh Reynolds named Tigers captain

Having 4 captains is ridiculous
  8. R

Players we let go...

Browne
  9. R

Players we let go...

Taupau, Perrett and Lane just had very good games for Manly. Finucane continues to impress at Storm. Not to mention Cook now a bonafide top grade hooker, and Ese Ese a regular first grader at Broncos. How do we not have the foresight to keep these guys.
  10. R

Michael Lichaa

I thought this thread was actually a gee up. How can anyone describe Lichaa as a great player.
  11. R

Jim Dymock

Will cost a fortune to sack Des now.
  12. R

Sutton brothers need to be sacked!

Bulldogs now won 2/17 under Sutton The 50/50 calls all went against the dogs
  13. R

TOUGH CONDITIONS

I'm confident we are title contenders after last night.
  14. R

Brad Abbey

Brad Abbey talk all a bit boring. Hope he comes good but appears less than likely to me.
  15. R

Lloyd Perrett gone

The cap doesn't work that way. Top 25 are included so they'll need to include another players salary in place of Lloyds. So assuming the player that comes in is on say 200 and Lloyd was on 400 then they save 200.
  16. R

Ben barba can he come back

That was prescription medication as someone else mentioned. Even if it wasn't the NRL has a “three-strike” recreational drug-testing policy. The first time player tests positive, the results are kept private. He has to do some counselling and a drug-awareness course. But it’s a private matter...
  17. R

Most Regretful Canterbury Player Release.

Well speaking of players gone here's a list of ex Dogs first graders who played at other clubs this year (or will do next year) that make up a whole team: Barba Goodwin Idris Lafai Wright Thurston Hodkinson Halatau Finucane Taupau Myles Ennis Hannant Res: Es'eEs'e Gavet Cook Carter I...
  18. R

Todd Carney Released

Carney is not going to happen nor should it. He's past his best and his behavioural track record off the field is not something Canterbury would want to take a risk on. They put a no Dickhead policy in place a few years ago. NRL indicated they won't register him anyway when St George asked the...
  19. R

Bulldogs roll out 6 new signings

Not much to get excited about here. We lost two wingers (Rona & Perritt) and gained one (Lee). Woodford still a season at least from being a first grader and the rest will be lucky to see regular first grade time.
  20. R

Ivan Cleary, John Cartwright head list if Hasler leaves Bulldogs

If we're losing our DNA then not going to get it back by appointing an outside coach like Cleary or Cartwright. Makes little sense
  21. R

Will Hoppa play next Sunday

I always thought in the long run if Dogs played a Sunday finals game Hoppa would change his mind because he wouldn't want to let his team mates down. Let's see if that happens, especially given Perritt is out now. I'd like to think his Church or God would grant him an exemption given the...
  22. R

Protest march

I've been a Canterbury supporter since 1985. Last night was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from the club. They were clueless in attack. Something certainly isn't right at the club. Without criticising individuals, apart from Kasiano and our champion back rowers in Jackson...
  23. R

The NRL Ladder if the 12 points taken off the Eels were given to the teams that they illegally beat

Pretty sure Eels had a few out the 2nd time they beat us including Foran so they were arguably under the cap anyway in that game. Our own fault.
  24. R

Anyone reckon dogs will try and get Hayne or Foran??

I dont see how we could fit Hayne in under the cap given his asking price is around $1m a year. T Rex won't be resigned but I think most of his money goes to upgrading current players.
  25. R

Champion Bulldogs centre Willie Talau’s brother accused of punching teen referee Kurt Portsmouth

Of course the clown is a disgrace but Rothfield is a disgrace to his profession for even referencing this story back to Bulldogs. Talau left the Dogs over 13 years ago, is long retired, played for other clubs as well and it was his BROTHER. No association with Canterbury.
  26. R

Everyone just relax

Parra beat us because they wanted it more. Was all heart.
  27. R

Everyone just relax

Im very confident based on what I've seen so far that we will be there at the business end of the season and will give it a great shot. Today missing Klemmer, Jackson, B Moz, J Moz, Hoppa. Plus Kasiano on ice at HT. Ease up - with a full deck I can't see us losing.
  28. R

So Williams not even in NSW Cup

I'd be stunned if he was offered an extension, at least not on anywhere near same money. However, no point moving him on mid-season unless we are trying to free up cap room to make a play for someone else mid-season. Trying to get another club to pick up more than half his salary may be a problem.
  29. R

Chase Stanley

It's a shame for Stanley that he is so injury prone. He looks the goods when fully fit, looks like one of the few in the side that can threaten the line. J Moz appears to have lost a yard or two of speed and doesn't break the line or beat a defender anymore.
  30. R

Should Raelene Castle Resign over Hopoate decision?

Let's relax all. Better to have Hoppa happy and at his best than not at all. Very lucky to have him esp given B Mozs injury. I'm sure once it comes to finals he won't let his team mates down.
  31. R

God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

If going to Church on Sundays makes the kid happy then so be it. A happy Hopoate is a better player than an unhappy one, as we saw at Parramatta. I'll doubt he will miss a big game because of it.
  32. R

Good News

Obviously good news if correct. Where did you obtain this information from?
  33. R

James Roberts asks for a release over Contractgate

We don't have the cap space. Let another club overpay for him. He's using the Titans saga to up his pay elsewhere. Also he's in the Mundine camp as others have said.
  34. R

DOGS SNARE KNIGHTS YOUNG GUN - Kerrod Holland

I think they'll be looking to fast track him into first grade. He kicks goals and didn't come cheap.
  35. R

B Moz will be rested on weekend

Strong mail B Morris will be rested on Sunday.
  36. R

Trent Hodkinson Ruled Out For Season

He'll be ok. They'll rest him next week and needle him up.
  37. R

The dogs might be getting Will Hopoate

He'd be very useful at the right price. He would likely play to his potential under the culture at Canterbury. I'm hearing Lafai may be released to Manly (who want to switch Lyon to 5/8 to replace Foran).
  38. R

Minute Sacked

He was sacked for embarrassing the club. Loko's drink driving had potentially much worse consequences than what Minute did but the media love to latch onto anything that could be construed anti-female. He's an idiot. His Mrs would be pleased.
  39. R

Could Hodko go before June 30 ?

He won't be released early - why on Earth would that happen. Great to have halves coverage heading into finals.
  40. R

Round 14 Lineup predictions

So you'd only pick 3 players on the bench?
  41. R

Tony Williams: Torn Pec - Out For The Season

Disappointing news. We were close to being back to full strength. Despite all the T Rex negative discussion he's still got that quality game in him that you want around finals time.
  42. R

Andrew Johns wants Jackson dropped

Joey often lets emotion get in the way of common sense. He'd pick all his mates if he could.
  43. R

Daniel Vidot set to leave Brisbane Broncos for Cantebury Bulldogs

Vidot can be powerful on his day but I'm not convinced he is going to add alot of value to our team. His hands are at times terrible - hes a liability under the high ball. That said at the right price Id take him as coverage. Des might find the right strings and get the best out of him.
  44. R

We need to jump on this guy

Spare me. Mitch Cornish - he's 2nd string at Canberra. If Ricky thought he was any good they wouldn't of purchased Sezer. Let's not entertain this thought.
  45. R

Tim Lafai & Brett Morris Injury Update

Seems a long time out for a hamstring. I'm guessing he will be back sooner.
  46. R

Are our bulldogs fans changing?

Beau Ryan is a goose. Don't believe anything he says.
  47. R

Dogs respond to paul kents disgusting rant

Anything that falsely tarnishes the public perception of the club should matter to fans. An NRL club is a business after all any everyday is a fight for a new dollar. He did it because he's a lightweight on journalistic skill and relies on peddling rumour and innuendo to make a living. He...
  48. R

Agree the club won't lose a single genuine supporter but what he writes in the paper can impact public perception, particularly with those who don't understand the good work the Bulldogs (and a number of other clubs) already do in the community.
  49. R

Kent had proven himself to be like every other B grade dribbler reporting on the game by writing a piece of garbage without checking all the facts. Now he makes some half assed attempt to back peddle. I won't watching NRL 360 anymore whilst he's on it. If love to send a letter to fox signed...
  50. R

Paul Is A Real Kent

Agree Edroy. Any small piece of respect for Kent I had has be erased. The guy is no better than the rest. Uses his position for own self serving agenda.
  51. R

Just bumped into Ivan Cleary and Trent Barrett

Cleary's comment about the Panthers being more mobile was understatement. Dogs have a lot of work to do - B Moz doesn't look good positionally. Not sure what to make of Lichaa yet. Reynolds can do some dumb things.
  52. R

Bulldogs 9s

Not sure why people are getting worked up over the 9s. Only the clubs that need the cash take it seriously. Des just using it as a training run for his forwards and some fringe players. Means nothing. In fact I'll tip whoever wins it struggles to make the eight this year.
  53. R

Bulldogs 9s

Rona looks good
  54. R

Lafai in doubt for season opener

That's was a scary heading until I saw the word "opener". Think we can get by without him for the first game. Long season.
  55. R

Jacob Loko charged with 'high range' DUI

He's a complete moron but the dogs will keep him on and he will do his penance. Understand Des sees a tonne of potential in this kid. Suspect he needs an education but he will get one at Canterbury.
  56. R

Halves that are available for 2016

We've got the 2 incumbent NSW Origin halves and got to a GF, where a few things went against us (Ennis out, Hodko on one leg, Reynolds popping a shoulder early, and no Kasiano). I believe with B Moz and the other additions provided they all stay fit Canterbury will win the 2015 comp (note that...
  57. R

OFFICIAL: Bulldogs sign Antonio Kaufusi

It all comes down to how much they are paying for him. If he comes relatively cheap he's a good buy as I'm sure Des will get the best out of him.
  58. R

2006 Final v Broncos

Truly was a sad day. I was motionless after the game. That 2nd half cost us the premiership. Would have beat Storm in the GF.
  59. R

Why im confident about the penrith game..

I'm confident about the Penrith game as both times they beat us this year the refereeing arguably decided the outcome and the second time was during the post Origin flat period we had. Will be tough as Panthers play for 80 mins but the week off could stall their momentum.
  60. R

Round 22 Discussion Thread - Bulldogs vs Broncos @ Suncorp Stadium

If you don't want to cop a spoiler turn your phone off.
  61. R

Theory : Ennis moving on a catalyst for non performance

Agree, that's why I made the comment about Rothfield's credibility. He's got form for making outlandish statements. Would be silly of a playing group to throw away a shot at a title to sulk because one player is leaving.
  62. R

Theory : Ennis moving on a catalyst for non performance

Given the Ennis discussion, noted that Rothfield's suggesting the following in that ratbag paper today (the guy lacks credibility IMO but anyway): "RUMOURS continue of player unrest at the Bulldogs over the departure of popular skipper Michael Ennis. Origin halves Trent Hodkinson and Josh...
  63. R

Really, to win the Comp, Bulldogs need to win every game.

Agree with Barnzy re the 2009 season. I've been saying ever since Steve Clarke cost us the comp that year. The Idris no try ruling at Kogarah cost us the minor premiership and the chance to rest Noddy in the final warriors match where he busted his jaw. I think we would have beaten Storm in that...
  64. R

What was wrong with the try?

The Lafai "no try" is a try every day of the week in every year I've been watching league, all 36 of those years. I won't comment on Steve Clarke for the moment as I could write war and peace on that poor individual. The key point I want to make here is that video referees don't seem to...
  65. R

3 trys robbed in a row!

Steve Clarke is a disgrace. The club should issue a formal complaint - he has been doing it for 20 years. Having said that, it doesn't excuse the overall poor performance.
  66. R

Every game apart from souths should be won

If we get our act together every game is winnable including Souths.
  67. R

Canterbury are Tanking to avoid Manly?

Tanking theory not valid Guys, I really don't think the tanking theory being proposed is valid. Tanking will only hand Souths 2nd spot. We want 2nd spot. Its too early 7-8 weeks out from finals to be throwing games when a host of other teams are hot on our tails. The more plausible theory is...
  68. R

Reynolds gets 3 weeks with early guilt plea

It could be a blessing in disguise. Gives him a rest after Origin and if he cops the suspension due to carry over points they reset meaning a similar offense later in the year shouldn't result in suspension.
  69. R

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Ennis to Sharks Cronulla Sharks are expected to announce next week that they've signed Michael Ennis. Per Dean Ritchie on 2GB this morning.
  70. R

More Weidler Rubbish...

As I've always said the guy is a grub and a bottom feeder living off the exploits of others. He has always got an agenda so I wouldn't get too riled by it. There is generally no substance to any of the garbage he writes.
  71. R

RLW - Jono Wright

He was solid when he played for us but a bit slow and well past his best now. Surely there are better options. I see him as no better than than Thompson or Brown.
  72. R

Does anyone think Kevin Locke was a loss?

I was never convinced Locke was the answer. Haven't seen the best of him for two years and too small.
  73. R

Would you want Benji Marshall to join our team this season?

I'm leaning towards no. I could potentially entertain him as a back up at the right price. The problem with him playing fullback is his defence - will or can he put his body on the line when the big defensive plays are needed. He would provide experienced depth in the halves (certainly wouldn't...