Chase Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Before EVERYONE starts bagging this bloke out, put yourself in his shoes. It's not HIS fault that he's injured. He doesn't go out there every week to get injured. He tries his best for the club every week!

Some of you may hate him because he's injury prone, think that Holland is better blah blah blah.

HE IS A BULLDOG!
I feel sorry for the kid, but at the same time, this is tough sport and it's clear, that he's body can't take it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Before EVERYONE starts bagging this bloke out, put yourself in his shoes. It's not HIS fault that he's injured. He doesn't go out there every week to get injured. He tries his best for the club every week!

Some of you may hate him because he's injury prone, think that Holland is better blah blah blah.

HE IS A BULLDOG!
I doubt anyone hates him. He is actually a very smart footballer and doesn't let us down when he is on the field.

It just that he is a liability when gets injured and we lose a player off the bench.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt anyone hates him. He is actually a very smart footballer and doesn't let us down when he is on the field.

It just that he is a liability when gets injured and we lose a player off the bench.
Yeah exactly this, both brothers are actually very good players. Such a shame about the constant injuries.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have physio's who are still only treating injuries. Wake up what the hell keeps causing the injuries and treat the cause.

I'm no physio but when u have as many injuries as Chase has had you don't even need to look at him to know he has muscle imbalances issues.
You can treat all injuries before they happen and stop them? Awesome mate, send your resume to the club, they'd probably pay quite a bit for that magic.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can treat all injuries before they happen and stop them? Awesome mate, send your resume to the club, they'd probably pay quite a bit for that magic.
Are you serious? Injury prevention is the whole point of conditioning. Its what every team strives for and lots of injuries can be prevented using the right methods.

Why don't they play smaller players who aren't ready for NRL?

Its not magic its science and any sport scientist or physio should be able to prevent bullshit hamstring strains which occured with no impact by the way.
Yeah exactly this, both brothers are actually very good players. Such a shame about the constant injuries.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you serious? Injury prevention is the whole point of conditioning. Its what every team strives for and lots of injuries can be prevented using the right methods.

Why don't they play smaller players who aren't ready for NRL?

Its not magic its science and any sport scientist or physio should be able to prevent bullshit hamstring strains which occured with no impact by the way.
Hamstring strains aren't caused by impact..

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly my point
The guy has been out now with a Hamstring, before a should injury and then with infection from surgery, knee a few times..... I couldn't go close to listing them all.

Of course the players would be getting preventative conditioning, but that wouldn't stop what's happened for the guy who very sadly has just been real unlucky and has a body that just doesn't cooperate with his game. He is a really good player who has always been solid on the field, this is just a really tragic thing, its not something you can go looking for who's to blame.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The guy has been out now with a Hamstring, before a should injury and then with infection from surgery, knee a few times..... I couldn't go close to listing them all.

Of course the players would be getting preventative conditioning, but that wouldn't stop what's happened for the guy who very sadly has just been real unlucky and has a body that just doesn't cooperate with his game. He is a really good player who has always been solid on the field, this is just a really tragic thing, its not something you can go looking for who's to blame.
Graheme - 2 to 3 knee injuries.
Tolman - Hamstring injury
Brett Morris - knee and Hamstring
Josh Morris - knee injuries
Kasion - shin splints for 2 years
Klemmer - knee injury
Perret - can't remember
Pritchard - torn pec
Williams - torn pec
Lafia - knee injuried in tackle
Reynolds - shoulder and knee injuries
Hodkinson - multiple knee injuries
Eastwood - cant remember
Chase stanley - multiple injuries
Loko - multiple injuries
Lichaa - multiple knee injuries

Thats pretty much last 2 years. Come on. Something is not right. How do North Queensland keep all 17 on the park?

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's a shame for Stanley that he is so injury prone.

He looks the goods when fully fit, looks like one of the few in the side that can threaten the line.

J Moz appears to have lost a yard or two of speed and doesn't break the line or beat a defender anymore.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pure luck, there is no sports scientist or physio who can totally prevent all injuries.
Of course not but they can improve it. You can not stop injuries from direct impact like Hodkinson last year but what about ones were no one touches the player and he strains a hammy or gets shin splits like kas.

They are preventable.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course not but they can improve it. You can not stop injuries from direct impact like Hodkinson last year but what about ones were no one touches the player and he strains a hammy or gets shin splits like kas.

They are preventable.
I'm not really sure what you are getting at? Are you trying to say if we had some sports scientist we could rule out hamstring injuries? Seems a bit far fetched to me, just ask Cricket Australia and Michael Clarke

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

They are preventable.
Hodko's knee was busted up, every time that happens, the odds of it happening again get bigger, sucked for him, but it would have been a big part of why we let him go. Lichaa is without doubt deserving of the wraps he came with, but injuries might get him too if it happens a few more times. Stanley is a special case because that poor guy has been held up with so many different injuries in his long career.... I was heart broken for the guy to see the footage of him and Klem.

Preventative treatment, and conditioning for sure you can do, I'm just really sure the club is doing it.... it still won't eliminate injury, you do what you can, and the rest really is luck.

If someone could come along with a fool proof plan to pretty much eliminate injuries with some plan they could show that worked? ....... There would be a bidding war for them, I imagine the Bulldogs would throw near Des type money to have that guy on staff and not have injury issues again.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets look at the positives.. At least we have someone that can kick goals =) Now have Phillips to slip in for an out of form and should be retired Perett and Bang we have a more than effective right edge.

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch Brown and Jonathan Wright were bulldogs too..

Status
Not open for further replies.