Trent Hodkinson Ruled Out For Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No Hodko, No Premiership. We can't win with a Mbye/Reynolds combo.
this is very short sighted thinking, what if every worthwhile team has an injury crisis as well or souths somehow manage to win some finals games and get to the grand final against us

things happen, like i thought it was over after lichaa but then came the cook

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What does everyone think about the Pritchard tackle? Will he get suspended?
1 week maybe, though Mitch Moses did a worse one early in the year and got off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you even be happy if we did win it with Reynolds lol
Obviously lol. Can't see it ever happening with him in a key position but if it ever did id happily take all the shit from all the Reynolds lover boys on here and never mention hin again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
IN ATTACK
6. Mbye
7. Cook
9. Reynolds

IN DEFENCE
6. Mbye
7. Reynolds
9. Cook

??
No thanks. Cook is light years ahead of Josh in terms of service.

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fox sports commentary said that it was possibly ligaments. They will probably rest him for the Warriors and he'll be back finals week 1

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was confident of a good showing during the finsls until we lost hodko...even needled up he will be a big liability on the field

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No Hodko, No Premiership. We can't win with a Mbye/Reynolds combo.
Dude if I had a dollar for every time you were wrong, I'd be able to afford the whole roosters first grade squad haha.

Seriously though it sucks to lose Hodko right after he has rediscovered the fact he has ability and a good kicking game!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dude if I had a dollar for every time you were wrong, I'd be able to afford the whole roosters first grade squad haha.

Seriously though it sucks to lose Hodko right after he has rediscovered the fact he has ability and a good kicking game!
Where am i wrong?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No hodko I dont see us progressing past week 1 of finals

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As long as nothing snapped or broke he should be fine. Even a slight tear is OK with a bit of strapping tape. It looked to me that he hyper extended it which probably means stretched ligaments.
There are plenty of players that play their whole seasons with the wrists strapped. In saying that it would be good to rest him for the next game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Where am i wrong?
Haha last year I think you said we were no chance of going anywhere in the finals with our existing spine and we made the grand final (which we may have even won if not for key injuries.) earlier this yearany of us were saying we couldn't win WITH Hodko. I'm not saying you have a bad footy brain or regularly make predictions like that, but there's no such thing as an absolute truth in footy until the game has been played. That's all I'm saying. I do think losing Hodko.in his current form is a big blow. I just think making absolute predictions like we can't is a risky business in footy. I think our chances take a blow with no Hodko, but I don't think they are completely flushed down the can.

Not meaning to rubbish your opinions man. Just having a light hearted dig at you and trying to maintain my optimism

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Makes me want to cry. I am by no means even remotely a medical practitioner but even if it is only ligament damage does not look good. Let us hope that they are erring well and truly on the side of caution and it is not as bad as first reported. Scans will be done to gauge the exact nature, so fingers crossed. Don't even want to think about if it needs surgery which is worst case scenario.

http://www.eorthopod.com/ligament-injuries-of-the-wrist/topic/10

quote: How do ligament injuries of the wrist occur?

By far the most common way the wrist is injured is a fall on an outstretched hand. (The same type of force can happen in other ways, such as when you brace your self on the dashboard before an automobile crash.) Whether the wrist is broken or ligaments are injured usually depends on many things, such as how strong your bones are, how the wrist is positioned during the injury, and how much force is involved.

Any kind of injury to the wrist joint can alter how the joint works. After a wrist injury, ligament damage may result in an unstable joint. Any time an injury changes the way the joint moves, even if the change is very subtle, the forces on the articular cartilage increase. It's just like a machine; if the mechanism is out of balance, it wears out faster. Over many years, this imbalance in joint mechanics can damage the articular cartilage. Since articular cartilage cannot heal itself very well, the damage adds up. Finally, the joint can no longer compensate for the damage, and the wrist begins to hurt.:unquote

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No hodko I dont see us progressing past week 1 of finals
Really who is going to bother us if we come 6th or 7th, the Dragons who can't score points, Souths who can't score points or defend with 1 key player out, or the Sharks who nearly lost to a shit Eels team?

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
He'll be ok.

They'll rest him next week and needle him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.