Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You think the family club should retain a player who's fills his guts full of silly sauce then gets behind the wheel?
The club retains druggies so yh why not?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think the family club should retain a player who's fills his guts full of silly sauce then gets behind the wheel?
All I'm saying is that if we sack him, another club will just pick him up anyway, and he won't be punished and he will think it's just a walk in the park getting a contract to another club

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have in the past and nothing has changed. It is the hard working members and fans that bleed blue and white each and every year that make us the family club NOT how many sets of brothers, cousins or even uncles we have working or playing for the Bulldogs. So the question is do we as a family club run with the garbage mongering tabloids and ask for Loko's head or do we show compassion to one of our own and other him another chance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Players are not sacked by clubs these days. Not unless you have a track record like Carney. He will be shown the error of his ways, lose his licence for a period, tell the kids out there that it is not ok to drink and drive, and get on with life.

However, he must accept that this is a very serious offence. Cars and booze do not mix.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's a complete moron but the dogs will keep him on and he will do his penance. Understand Des sees a tonne of potential in this kid.

Suspect he needs an education but he will get one at Canterbury.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True,
Has he ever been in trouble before?
I see no reason why he can't be given a second chance, FFs if we don't give him another go, the roosters, cronulla, Gold Coast or Canberra will,
He did have some disciplinery issues when he was at Parra but I am unsure what the nature was
I know he was dropped because of it

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats the point, he will be picked up by another club and rip us apart on the field.

The biggest loser on sacking a player for a petty crime like this is only and only the club. There are other clubs hungry to pick up sacked players on cheap $$
I do appreciate the sacking club often is the party who pays the biggest price (Raiders can attest to that) BUT I don't think it's a reason not to sack someone if they are found to be guilty of high range DUI (I think it's far from a "petty crime" ). I'd rather support a Club with a clean skin and let another Club deal with it

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only time will tell but he looks in better condition than when joined us. I don't have a crystal ball and just like you I can not see into the future but I would hate to have him come back and bite us in the end whether you rate him or not.
As a player I rate him all right, and highly. The thing that got me was that he has been carrying this injury so long. But so was Hodko and he ended up as the Origin half. So really what you said is right... Only time will tell.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Dumb on face value, however I am reluctant to throw the baby out with the bath water. Let the club do their job and find out what the circumstances were before jumping all over him. If he was just being a dipshit then he needs to pay the price but if this is an isolated incident and there is no pattern of bad behaviour then maybe he should be cut some slack. Let's wait and see.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The clubs statement referred to the players code of conduct as to how it will be dealt with I'm pretty sure that means he's gone and rightly so

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we dont sack him just on this.
I do.

I have zero time for drink drivers.
My boss wouldn't sack me for dui unless it was written in my contract and if a licence was crucial to my roll,
Given that a drivers licence is not required to play footy I see no reason our club should sack him.
Fine him, lecture him, put him in aa, sure, why not, but save him, nah not required,

I do appreciate the sacking club often is the party who pays the biggest price (Raiders can attest to that) BUT I don't think it's a reason not to sack someone if they are found to be guilty of high range DUI (I think it's far from a "petty crime" ). I'd rather support a Club with a clean skin and let another Club deal with it

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My boss wouldn't sack me for dui unless it was written in my contract and if a licence was crucial to my roll,
Given that a drivers licence is not required to play footy I see no reason our club should sack him.
Fine him, lecture him, put him in aa, sure, why not, but save him, nah not required,
well i work for a company fortunately/unfortunately where we have 12 golden life saving rules. Any breach ANYTIME of those rules results in immediate termination of employment no matter what is the excuse.

Speeding, drink driving, seatbelts are part of these golden rules.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"Save him"? What, from himself?

I'm quite concerned of those playing down drink driving tbh. ..

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dont care what anyone thinks, my opinion is he should be sacked, no iffs or buts.

everyone can say its only drink driving, so what lots of others got caught on new years day to.
there wouldnt be to many on here saying poor jacob loco if he had of killed someone, have a thing about how pissed he was, 0.18 is in the very high range level.
had a mate who was pissed drove head on into another car at brightview nearly 3 years ago, the bloke in the other car, a family man with 3 kids is a vegetable , he will never see or know his family ever again, will never see his kids grow up,
bradley died in the crash, do i feel sorry for him, no i dont he destroyed several families that night

drink driving can kill and destroy families, dont make excuses for it and dont take it lightly, im sure none of you would like it if a drunk or over the limit person ran into a family member

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this has anything to do with depression and a break up I can understand why his done this dumb act as I've personally gone through depression and hit rock bottom with one girl. One night I had enough tried coke for first time and didn't stop drinking at a club when I was 17. So when it was time to go home I just drove home and I have no fkn idea how I didn't end up face first in a pole or have a crash I was blacking out and falling to the side of the passenger seat. My point is he will need help if depression is the case and like me will need to find his balls and man the **** up. I still go through depression but I can control it somewhat I won't do dumb shit like that anymore especially over a slut. So mr loko get the help you need but if this happens again your gone. Unfortunately some men put all their love and strength into sluts and not ladies

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll likely get the sack. Paul Carter is a better player than Loko and much more value to his team yet they still cut him (albeit his second offence for the same thing).

Still have Rona, McInally and Stanley for depth.
Carter second offense in six months driving the wrong side of the road (one way) mounted the curb and could have killed people really easy on cavill ave in the gold coast

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont care what anyone thinks, my opinion is he should be sacked, no iffs or buts.

everyone can say its only drink driving, so what lots of others got caught on new years day to.
there wouldnt be to many on here saying poor jacob loco if he had of killed someone, have a thing about how pissed he was, 0.18 is in the very high range level.
had a mate who was pissed drove head on into another car at brightview nearly 3 years ago, the bloke in the other car, a family man with 3 kids is a vegetable , he will never see or know his family ever again, will never see his kids grow up,
bradley died in the crash, do i feel sorry for him, no i dont he destroyed several families that night

drink driving can kill and destroy families, dont make excuses for it and dont take it lightly, im sure none of you would like it if a drunk or over the limit person ran into a family member
Thats heavy but its the reality of it .its not just bad luck if you get caught pissed behind the wheel . Its just not on

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

One mother****ing offseason drama free, ONE.

Hasn't even pulled on a jersey yet and already dragging our name through the mud.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

One mother****ing offseason drama free, ONE.

Hasn't even pulled on a jersey yet and already dragging our name through the mud.
The worst part is those parra fuktard supporters think they've played us bigtime

Status
Not open for further replies.