Jim Dymock

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I know a lot of you here think he's the answer to our current woes .....I loved watching Dymock as a ball playing 13 or slotting in at 6....the guy was a talent.

Then he chased the money at our rival club Parramatta, which was a big fkn insult to those that bleed blue and white

The club welcomes him back like a long lost son post footy

In terms of his coaching, he did an apprenticeship under Moore and got a shot albeit in drastic circumstances to take the reins late 2011

8 games 5 wins and an unlikely charge to the playoffs. His win rate over 60% which is nothing to sniff at. He also had the balls to drop under performing players like J Moz

2012 to today he's been Des assistant, in fact technically our attack coach.

Clearly he is happy to be paid handsomely to stay as an Assistant forever as he's shows no ambition to take the top spot

Why does he escape criticism? If you think he hasn't earned the right to have his say on how we shape our attack then you are naive

He's part of the problem

If he loved this club then he needs (needed) to stand up to Des and the board and maybe organise a coup like fkn takeover

Reality is, he enjoys hiding in the shadows and being paid big bucks to pick up the witches cones and rub deep heat on the players nuts

Even when he was given the 9s coaches role he played the same fkn structure as the 13 version?

Anyway game 2 NBA finals on today lol

Rant over

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone is part of the problem... Des, Penna, Dymock they all need to be moved on. We need all the positions filled by poeple that have no affiliation with Hasler, or have not have for years and realise how shit he is.
Board - Replace them all
CEO - No idea... tbh
Head Coach - D.Pay
Assistant Coach - M.Ennis (smart man and would do well in this role imo)
Halves Coach - M.Johns or B.Kimmorley (i really liked what he did for us and a halves coach)
Recruitment Officer - P.Mullholland (get him back)

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I know a lot of you here think he's the answer to our current woes .....I loved watching Dymock as a ball playing 13 or slotting in at 6....the guy was a talent.

Then he chased the money at our rival club Parramatta, which was a big fkn insult to those that bleed blue and white

The club welcomes him back like a long lost son post footy

In terms of his coaching, he did an apprenticeship under Moore and got a shot albeit in drastic circumstances to take the reins late 2011

8 games 5 wins and an unlikely charge to the playoffs. His win rate over 60% which is nothing to sniff at. He also had the balls to drop under performing players like J Moz

2012 to today he's been Des assistant, in fact technically our attack coach.

Clearly he is happy to be paid handsomely to stay as an Assistant forever as he's shows no ambition to take the top spot

Why does he escape criticism? If you think he hasn't earned the right to have his say on how we shape our attack then you are naive

He's part of the problem

If he loved this club then he needs (needed) to stand up to Des and the board and maybe organise a coup like fkn takeover

Reality is, he enjoys hiding in the shadows and being paid big bucks to pick up the witches cones and rub deep heat on the players nuts

Even when he was given the 9s coaches role he played the same fkn structure as the 13 version?

Anyway game 2 NBA finals on today lol

Rant over
I said this ages ago about Dymock. He is doing exactly what people on here accuse Hasler.or doing. He's just sitting back as our attacks coach collecting a pay cheque while everyone but him cops a bashing lol.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock is no different to any of us in the workplace, doing as we are told by our boss(unless of course you are the boss).

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the coaching style he implemented in 2011 is in complete contrast to hasler right now .. and how many of you honestly believe that Mr narcissist is going to let him do his own thing ?? just saying

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should start a go fund me page to cover the remainder of des's contract..
it may not be as much as expected if some other club picks him up ... like Newcastle for instance.. we would only have to pay the difference between the ridiculous amount we paid him and what they are willing to pay....

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will cost a fortune to sack Des now.
What about on the grounds of " bringing the bulldogs into disrepute" or "non performance", I am sure good lawyers can find something to retain some off Hasler's money.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it may not be as much as expected if some other club picks him up ... like Newcastle for instance.. we would only have to pay the difference between the ridiculous amount we paid him and what they are willing to pay....
Newcastle might be willing to pay more for hasler than us.
I sense profit here lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Newcastle might be willing to pay more for hasler than us.
I sense profit here lol
you'd be probably be correct if they could afford it ... they are getting hand outs from the NRL , who just had to apply for a business loan LOL .. I'm not sure why i support this game sometimes .. what a bunch of muppets

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That only applies to players under the salary cap. If we sack Des we are paying the full amount. So he's not going anywhere unfortunately.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That only applies to players under the salary cap. If we sack Des we are paying the full amount. So he's not going anywhere unfortunately.
I think you'll find it works in any situation ... he can only ask for compensation on the basis of loss of income if we fire him .. if he were to pick up another coaching gig, we would only be liable for the difference..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find it works in any situation ... he can only ask for compensation on the basis of loss of income if we fire him .. if he were to pick up another coaching gig, we would only be liable for the difference..
I doubt it, no coach is ever sacked they get released from the contract with the whole amount being paid out.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
To the OP. Sorry but you're wrong. Des runs the show and all of his assistants probably only rub deep heat in players' balls like you indicated.

The way we played when Dymock took over is completely different to how we play now.

Are you going to off and do things how you like at your place of work knowing your boss will have your ass for it?

Reactions: GDR

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the OP. Sorry but you're wrong. Des runs the show and all of his assistants probably only rub deep heat in players' balls like you indicated.

Lol. Deep heat would make them run harder, I think you mean KY Jelly

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The way we played when Dymock took over is completely different to how we play now.

Are you going to off and do things how you like at your place of work knowing your boss will have your ass for it?
Don't buy it
Dymock has a bigger say with our attacking shape especially after 6 straight seasons as assistant coach

And yes I do what I want because I own and run my own company so that analogy doesn't work but I understand what you are saying

Teflon Jim

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't buy it
Dymock has a bigger say with our attacking shape especially after 6 straight seasons as assistant coach

And yes I do what I want because I own and run my own company so that analogy doesn't work but I understand what you are saying

Teflon Jim
mate the buck stops with des .. if one of his assistant coaches is not performing then De should inform the club and have them moved on .. and I can guarantee you those morons will do what ever he says...

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ownership of the team belongs to Des, just as he owns its faults.

Not sure how much input Dymock has in regards to how we play, he would mostly be implementing Des' plans.

Dymock seems a bit of a dressing room softie though - don't think he would challenge Des much at all.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I always saw Dymock hanging around after Des was hired as him wanting to learn from the great master coach. Im pretty sure any sane man would do the same at that point in their coaching career. I always hoped that once Des has gone that Dymock would be given a 1 year contract to take what positives he has learned from Des and implement that into his own style and game plan to be an even better coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.