God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to play on Sundays he should just quit the nrl. You can't pick and chose which days to play.

Hazem even played in Ramadan.

well to be honest if hopa put that clause in his contract and the club signed off on that clause then hopa is not to blame.

just like SBW wanted to play rugby in japan and missed most the pre season training with roosters... that is how roosters accepted SBW.

I actually admire hopa for putting his faith before anything else.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No issue as long as he comes back in NSW cup and the guys who want to play are not pushed out - another great signing by our super coach and CEO no wonder Parra were happy to move him on once he revealed his new plan !

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing on news.com.au, Fox sports, daily Telegraph or bulldogs website.

I'm a bit embarrassed that nobody actually questioned the "story".
Is it supposed to be a 5 day early April Fools?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
well to be honest if hopa put that clause in his contract and the club signed off on that clause then hopa is not to blame.

just like SBW wanted to play rugby in japan and missed most the pre season training with roosters... that is how roosters accepted SBW.

I actually admire hopa for putting his faith before anything else.
We all make choices in life
He chooses his religion,
He has chosen to be a professional rugby league player knowing full well that there are Sunday games
If his religion is that important to him that he can't play on Sunday then he should not be a professional rugby league player
He should get a Monday to Friday job

And if the club has agreed to this, then the club is has completely lost the plot,

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at all the other article headlines.. complete piss take. Was getting pretty annoyed for a second though haha.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm will he be a blessing or a curse?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He should sign with the Broncos
They only play Friday night

All jokes aside,
This can not be allowable,

Anyone can go to the club now and ask not to play Sunday's on religious grounds, or not train during particular times or what ever,
If it's good enough for Will it's good enough for everyone,

It's rediculouse,

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hope this is a G Up. Can you imagine not playing in the GF to go to church?

I'll be disappointed if the club allows this to happen.

Where did you find this crap?

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
If going to Church on Sundays makes the kid happy then so be it. A happy Hopoate is a better player than an unhappy one, as we saw at Parramatta. I'll doubt he will miss a big game because of it.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I believe Ben Hannant is a Mormon and he played in the Grand Final last year. Besides, I also believe that was our only Sunday game all last year.

I hate Religious Nutjobs (or as my Dad calls them Godbotherers) and Born-agains like an Uncle of mine I haven't spoken to in almost 20 years who's day would not be complete unless he went to Church. Plus, we had to conform to all his ideals (as if).

I for one believe you can be devoutly religious anywhere you like and not have to attend Church.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe Ben Hannant is a Mormon and he played in the Grand Final last year. Besides, I also believe that was our only Sunday game all last year.

I hate Religious Nutjobs (or as my Dad calls them Godbotherers) and Born-agains like an Uncle of mine I haven't spoken to in almost 20 years who's day would not be complete unless he went to Church. Plus, we had to conform to all his ideals (as if).

I for one believe you can be devoutly religious anywhere you like and not have to attend Church.
Lol
I love you
You are an awesome poster on the kennel for a very long time, but you are going to get smashed for that post,

Just brace yourself

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morman, like Jews are not meant to work on the Sabbath. Dispensation can and is allowed as well as the fact that 90% of them completely fucking ignore it.

My opinion is GTFO. Tithe more if you feel guilty but we expect our players to be available on Sundays.

Absolutely stupid situation.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Hope this is a G Up. Can you imagine not playing in the GF to go to church?

I'll be disappointed if the club allows this to happen.

Hello everyone.

I just went and bought the hard copy Sunday Telegraph.

Unfortunately the article is real.

It talks about Hopoate sitting out 3 straight Sunday games (rounds 10, 11 and 12) plus any later Sundays.

Whilst it doesn't directly say there is any such provision in Hopoate's contract for this it is clear from the article that the club knew of and supports his position.

By clear inference it must be in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.