Will Hoppa play next Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I always thought in the long run if Dogs played a Sunday finals game Hoppa would change his mind because he wouldn't want to let his team mates down. Let's see if that happens, especially given Perritt is out now. I'd like to think his Church or God would grant him an exemption given the circumstances.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its madness the club would sign a player who would play first grade in an important position all year only to not play come finals time.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed purely for "good" publicity.
I would have thought the reason we signed him was that he was going very cheap.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a fitting way to end the season imho, having our fullback pull out of a sudden death match with the full backing (yep i did) of the club and coach.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Brett Morris
2. Tyrone Phillips
3. Josh Morris
4. Asipeli Fine
5. Curtis Rona

If Holland is out we don't have anyone else haha. $$$$$ Panthers 13+

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would have thought the reason we signed him was that he was going very cheap.
If he was a backup that would be fine but he's been our first choice for fullback since the start of the year. If he doesn't play sunday finals football what was the point?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Bmoz gets injured at fullback I hope he sues Des for negligence

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Brett Morris
2. Tyrone Phillips
3. Josh Morris
4. Asipeli Fine
5. Curtis Rona

If Holland is out we don't have anyone else haha. $$$$$ Panthers 13+
Fine looks light enough and nimble enough to play in the backs and I know he played there on the weekend in NSW Cup, but this would be suicide in a semi.

We're screwed anyway though, aren't we?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he was a backup that would be fine but he's been our first choice for fullback since the start of the year. If he doesn't play sunday finals football what was the point?
I'd imagine he was a back up guy. Unfortunately b moz injured himself early in the season (no idea of who he was supposed to be covering ... just hypothesising...

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Could be a blessing in disguise if he doesn't play. B-Moz offers more in terms of an attacking spark.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's already confirmed he's not playing

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/6ed6db37c0309919d2748dfc9cf4e905

WILL Hopoate has withdrawn from Canterbury’s elimination final against Penrith next Sunday on religious reasons.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Hopoate broke the news to his coach Des Hasler this afternoon when the NRL revealed the Bulldogs had been scheduled to face the Panthers on Sunday.

Hopoate is a Mormon, who missed three Sunday games earlier this year for his religious beliefs.

Hasler will move NSW State of Origin winger Brett Morris to fullback for the do-or-die game against the Panthers.
Fuck that ****. Fire him.
Move moz to FB.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hoppa based on the fact he offers close to nothing and won't play Sunday is in my eyes a bigger waste of money than Dorothy

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's already confirmed he's not playing

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/6ed6db37c0309919d2748dfc9cf4e905

WILL Hopoate has withdrawn from Canterbury’s elimination final against Penrith next Sunday on religious reasons.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Hopoate broke the news to his coach Des Hasler this afternoon when the NRL revealed the Bulldogs had been scheduled to face the Panthers on Sunday.

Hopoate is a Mormon, who missed three Sunday games earlier this year for his religious beliefs.

Hasler will move NSW State of Origin winger Brett Morris to fullback for the do-or-die game against the Panthers.
That confirms he wouldn't play a Grand Final either, ffs what was the club thinking?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is our club serious???? If he isnt going to be available for the big games, move him to centres next year where he can be easily replaced and buy a rockstar fullback

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol

What a circus this club has become.

Parra did everything possible (cheating the cap) to try and take out a premiership, while Canterbury has done everything possible to not win a premiership this year

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
FFS piss off Des & take those manly rejects with you.
If you don't want to play on Sundays or Fridays or any other day. FUCK OFF!!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now we'll be putting Brett Morris at the back for the first time this year in a must win game.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought in the long run if Dogs played a Sunday finals game Hoppa would change his mind because he wouldn't want to let his team mates down. Let's see if that happens, especially given Perritt is out now. I'd like to think his Church or God would grant him an exemption given the circumstances.
If he plays he'll be struck by lightning then were down to 16 to much of a risk to take I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.