Daniel Vidot set to leave Brisbane Broncos for Cantebury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't mind this signing. He was a gun junior, who has maybe lead his ego get ahead of his talent.
This may be the reality check he needs, so he can drop the attitude and make something of his talent otherwise run the risk of becoming another Michael Lett.
He wont last the season. the kennel will kill him when he plays a bad game.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
not a bad pick up if true, big strong unit good under the high ball, can pass can run defence ok to

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy for him to come over, because more depth in the backs means less excuses to put Mbye in the centres, and hopefully more chance of him playing 6 or 7.

I doubt it will play out this way.

Master

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not really that excited by this signing tbh. He was released early by St George because he had discipline issues (nothing major but turned up late to training etc). He is now being released by the Broncos. So we'll end up with Thompson, Phillips, Loko, Vidot, Perrett all of contract at the end of this year.
Strong Tall winger with size. Bring him in asap the dogs have never had a winger of his physique. With him and rona our edges will be solid. Sick of having 5foot wingers .... Since after elmagic and Utai our wingers have been the worst in the comp... Till rona came along.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh... Every time I hear about a new signing it reminds me of how excited everyone was when we signed Williams. We all know how that's turned out.
Until a player shows some kind of form or willingness to give a f*ck, I'm done hoping.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Meh... Every time I hear about a new signing it reminds me of how excited everyone was when we signed Williams. We all know how that's turned out.
Until a player shows some kind of form or willingness to give a f*ck, I'm done hoping.
remember when we signed inu he was on fire that year then the wheels feel off

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Remember when we signed a guy called J. Graham and people were saying super league means nothing and he might not cut it in the NRL?

I would be a nice change to be pleasantly surprised again.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Remember when we signed a guy called J. Graham and people were saying super league means nothing and he might not cut it in the NRL?

That would be very nice for a change

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind the signing, if true. He'd be on the cheap and even though he has an error or two in him he starts your sets off well and gets through a ton of metres.
ur about 99% right however, what is our curent half doing about all the field position we already get him into???
i say save the money no matter how small and buy a half back or back up to mbye.
no need for vidot

stanley, thompson, phillips, loko, tasi and mcinally are back up backs

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
ur about 99% right however, what is our curent half doing about all the field position we already get him into???
i say save the money no matter how small and buy a half back or back up to mbye.
no need for vidot

stanley, thompson, phillips, loko, tasi and mcinally are back up backs
He'll be the backups backup by the time Folau gets here :p

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Remember when some people wanted Jackson dropped lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we could put Thompsons heart and effort into Vidot we would have an Immortal

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember this quite well, I had high hopes for him and he delivered for a while... Not sure what caused it but it seems he went back into his lazy habits.

Graham can't be put into this category, he's just an old school Englishman who knows one thing, and that's to give it 100% and then throw out another 50% for good measure.

I've come to worry more about NRL players we sign from other clubs. They show form, fall put of favour with the club then slump in form and get released just to play well for another club till they get sick of it there too.. IMO 90% of players who give it 110% every week without a miss are the juniors who worked so hard for a first grade spot.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he will be better then both perrett and thompson I'm looking foward to it

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Vidot can be powerful on his day but I'm not convinced he is going to add alot of value to our team. His hands are at times terrible - hes a liability under the high ball.
That said at the right price Id take him as coverage.
Des might find the right strings and get the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.