Daniel Vidot set to leave Brisbane Broncos for Cantebury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind the signing, if true. He'd be on the cheap and even though he has an error or two in him he starts your sets off well and gets through a ton of metres.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't understand what the fuss is he's a decent depth signing & it's more than likely the Gronco's will be footing most of his wages. He's a big strong/powerful unit and certainly has some talent if he can cut the errors out of his game could become a valuable squad player.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think i've ever seen Thompson make an error.

ffs if you're talking about the try that Tupou stopped, how the **** was he supposed to score against those go go gadget arms.

The blokes got more reach than a bridge.
This

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the price is right, he must be signed immediately. Stanley and Thompson are to small and to slow. Vidot is 105kgs and 6.2" and is pretty quick. Sign him now.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why would he sign if he was told he was behind our backups in the pecking order? He must be next in line after Rona and Perrett.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perret, Stanley and Thompson will be lucky to get another contract next year. Vidot won't set the world on fire BUT for the piss amount of money he would be on, will be a good buy.... Cant catch, but strong runner and can score a try!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Realist90 is just angry that Thompson's obviously run over his cat or something.

He's the equivalent of what Reynolds is to Marley.. although Marley is softening these days.

VidNO if signed will be a replacement for Stanley and cover for if Loko debuts in first grade.

He's a very lazy trainer who doesn't get involved or go looking for the ball, and lives getting on the cans... We don't need him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really that excited by this signing tbh. He was released early by St George because he had discipline issues (nothing major but turned up late to training etc). He is now being released by the Broncos. So we'll end up with Thompson, Phillips, Loko, Vidot, Perrett all of contract at the end of this year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Save the money for retention of the current squad rather than buy another name player, we have an abundance of wingers, what are they wasting money for, because they have it?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Save the money for retention of the current squad rather than buy another name player, we have an abundance of wingers, what are they wasting money for, because they have it?
It would be under this year's cap so hardly effects next year unless we re-sign him or sign him for 2 years.

I really like the signing and have been hoping to see it. He is a big strong powerful winger, his defense is pretty good. He would be a massive help in getting our sets on the right foot with his hit ups. I watched him for the Broncos and he usually took 2 hit ups a set when they were working it out from there half and always had 3-4 players bring him down while driving his legs still.

I agree he has an error in him, though I mean Pez has too. Thompson may be more safe with bombs though he offers a lot less in help working it out and also when close to the line I know who is going to force their way over out of Thompson and Vidot.

That said I also agree that Rona has 1 wing obviously locked down. Pez deserves the other and will likely have it. I think Vidot & Loko hopefully can be a great help over Origin with both Morris boys obviously selected and Stanley seems to be injured again. Would allow Pez, Vidot, Loko, Rona, Thompson which isn't to bad.

It also gives us a low gamble risk of a cheap player (was moving to Bunnies for minimum would be to us too) to see if he can really cement himself and prove himself in a new club with Des and the bloke seems to be someone who will fit in with Kas, Frank, Williams, Eastwood etc and no doubt listen to Jammer.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Realist90 is just angry that Thompson's obviously run over his cat or something.

He's the equivalent of what Reynolds is to Marley.. although Marley is softening these days.

VidNO if signed will be a replacement for Stanley and cover for if Loko debuts in first grade.

He's a very lazy trainer who doesn't get involved or go looking for the ball, and lives getting on the cans... We don't need him.
I have nothing against Thompson on a personal level buddy however with you it sounds like you're quite in love with him whatever chance you get to talk him up you take it even when there's nothing.
My issue is he just doesn't cut it for first grade his too small and has no power. Daniel Toupou might have gadget arms but who gives a fuk he wouldn't of been able to push Rona out or someone bigger than Thompson it was a love tap.
So excuse me for choosing my brain over a personal hard on for a reserve grade player.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If des can get vidot to cut his errors out he could be a gun but perret has to go

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Yeh that makes sense, get rid of our most damaging running forward for a clumsy lazy butterfingers winger whom has feet for hands at the best of times. Fcuk me recruitment/retention must be on some serious hubbly bubbly!!!
Exactly what what I was thinking tbh.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess Des is looking for someone with size and height to combat the big wingers every other team has these days. I will hold judgement until I see how he fits in.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no brainer ... sign him ... our backs get injured every week ... he will be cheap and we have nothing to lose

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Promote the guys we have. Phillips seems to go alright. Vidot seems ok, but we dont need to spend money on "ok".
Like others have said we dont need to sign fringe first grade players from other clubs.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good news Can see Des bringing out the best in him

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't mind this signing. He was a gun junior, who has maybe lead his ego get ahead of his talent.
This may be the reality check he needs, so he can drop the attitude and make something of his talent otherwise run the risk of becoming another Michael Lett.

Status
Not open for further replies.